Pittsburgh

what does everyone think of this great city?

Lived there 5 years an absolutely loved it. Still go back 2-3 times a year. Great restaurants and record stores...that's what I need in a town.

that being said, the yinzer accent is one of the ugliest I've ever heard

speaking of record stores and now that i am closer to NJ, i need to check out a place called vintage vinyl some weekend. I am a sucker for a good record store...or really any record store for that matter. In high school and college days(late 70's-mid 80's) i used to live at syracuse area record stores, like desert shore up on the SU campus. I would by used records by the armloads...still have them and break out vinyl every once in a while

Lived there 5 years an absolutely loved it. Still go back 2-3 times a year. Great restaurants and record stores...that's what I need in a town.

that being said, the yinzer accent is one of the ugliest I've ever heard

speaking of record stores and now that i am closer to NJ, i need to check out a place called vintage vinyl some weekend. I am a sucker for a good record store...or really any record store for that matter. In high school and college days(late 70's-mid 80's) i used to live at syracuse area record stores, like desert shore up on the SU campus. I would by used records by the armloads...still have them and break out vinyl every once in a while

There's a place in Pittsburgh called Jerry's that is kind of a warehouse of vinyl. Things are barely in order and nothing costs over $5. Cash only and when you bring up your stuff the guy just guesses cost. Always breaks down to spending like $20-30 less than expected. Also no tax. Takes like 2 hours to get through the place, but you always end up with gold.

My father lived there for nearly 20 years (North Hills). I grew up just 2.5 hours away in Erie and have made many many trips there for various reasons. My wife and I are trying very hard to move to that area as it puts us equidistant (almost) from our families. I have plenty of family and friends who live in the area and go there often, usually to take Psycho Ward 86 to a Stillers game.