Tim Graham article on Dolphins QB situation

This is clearly posturing by the Dolphins for a Thigpen trade. I can't believe there are reporters out there who would report this at face value, rather than the obvious true intent of the team (falsely inflating Thigpen's value). Clearly, at 2.5 million, Pennington is the backup. And just as clearly, Pat White will not be given up on after being drafted so high, so he is #3. Thigpen will be released or traded, and of course they are hoping for traded, hence these leaks.

The amazing thing is these reporters report it as they hear it, rather than seeing through it. Or, are they so enamored with being included that they report it even thought they know it's false, just to be a part of things?

This is clearly posturing by the Dolphins for a Thigpen trade. I can't believe there are reporters out there who would report this at face value, rather than the obvious true intent of the team (falsely inflating Thigpen's value). Clearly, at 2.5 million, Pennington is the backup. And just as clearly, Pat White will not be given up on after being drafted so high, so he is #3. Thigpen will be released or traded, and of course they are hoping for traded, hence these leaks.

The amazing thing is these reporters report it as they hear it, rather than seeing through it. Or, are they so enamored with being included that they report it even thought they know it's false, just to be a part of things?

how are you so sure?

given Pennington's injury history, there's no guarantee he'll make it through minicamps. as for Pat White, well, really? given the fact he's yet to complete a pass doesn't exactly make him a roster lock.

sounds to me the Dolphins are keeping their options open.

not to say that your theory isn't plausible, but it's a little rickety. another take might be, the Dolphins signed Pennington because they're losing confidence in White ... or sending White a message.

jw

Pat White was brought in to be the wildcat QB & nothing more-pretty bad use of a 2nd round pick. Reminds me of a team a few years ago that needed O-line help, among other glaring weaknesses, didn't have a 1st round pick, and drafted a punt returner with its 2nd round pick.

So you, who have no real insight beyond your delusions and incoherent ramblings, think Tim is wrong for reporting news, which he has verified with actual real sources.

Please, please, please let us get Tyler Thigpen. The kid has talent and some serious upside. I bet if he came here HE would be a Bills fan...

Meanwhile, the Bills starting QB will be a Bills PLAYER, not a Bills fan. Only the idiots who listened & agreed with the morons on WGR could have misinterpreted what Edwards said that day. You appear to be one of them.

So you, who have no real insight beyond your delusions and incoherent ramblings, think Tim is wrong for reporting news, which he has verified with actual real sources.

That's right - and I have a bridge to sell you, too.

not to say that your theory isn't plausible, but it's a little rickety. another take might be, the Dolphins signed Pennington because they're losing confidence in White ... or sending White a message.

Or aren't sold on Henne.

One of the problems with message boards is there's a lot of bad information out there. Every day you see revisionist history, misinterpretations of statements, faulty memories and outright lies. I wonder how many of the people who quoted and criticized Trent for not being a fan ever heard the entire statement in its proper context. I was listening when he said the thing about being a player instead of a fan & went ballistic on the way home as the clowns on WGR jumped all over him. Then the lemmings whose posts you read agreed with WGR instead of bothering to listen to everything he was saying. It's one thing to dislike a player & not want him on the team, anyone can have that opinion and back it up with facts, such as his on the field ineptness, but using part of a statement out of context to disparage that player, especially when you never heard the actual words is crossing a line similar to the politicians who air half statements in their political ads to disparage an opponent. There's enough wrong with Trent Edwards to criticize him without bringing up the "I'm not a fan" half statement.

Agreed, the WGR afternoon show is lynch mob radio.

Yeah, you're right, second-round QBs are never treated as failures in their second year. They're never, for instance, lowered to the practice squad like Brian Brohm in his second year.

Oops.

One of the problems with message boards is there's a lot of bad information out there. Every day you see revisionist history, misinterpretations of statements, faulty memories and outright lies. I wonder how many of the people who quoted and criticized Trent for not being a fan ever heard the entire statement in its proper context. I was listening when he said the thing about being a player instead of a fan & went ballistic on the way home as the clowns on WGR jumped all over him. Then the lemmings whose posts you read agreed with WGR instead of bothering to listen to everything he was saying. It's one thing to dislike a player & not want him on the team, anyone can have that opinion and back it up with facts, such as his on the field ineptness, but using part of a statement out of context to disparage that player, especially when you never heard the actual words is crossing a line similar to the politicians who air half statements in their political ads to disparage an opponent. There's enough wrong with Trent Edwards to criticize him without bringing up the "I'm not a fan" half statement.

And you're right, I'll never disparage him for this sound bite. However, he sucks as an NFL quarterback.

Next question?

Wow, his post went right over your head didn't it? It had nothing to do with Tim being right or wrong for reporting the news.