Latest Sporting News Mock

I am a long-time draft fanatic and I find SportingNews' WarRoom to be one of the most credible scouting

services around (I also like Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki).

WarRoom is run by Russ Lande who actually worked in the NFL as a scout for the Rams (and I think the

Browns, too). Now, I know that there are good and bad scouts in the NFL, but Lande at least knows how

to study tape, knows what NFL types are looking for in players and likely has some contacts in the league

also. He also isn't afraid to express a bold opinion. For instance, he isn't down on board-favorite Rolando

McClain, but he does go against the "common opinion" in thinking that he isn't a high number 1 pick.

FWIW, Lande was not that high on Aaron Maybin last year when many others were touting him as the best

pass rusher in the draft. To be fair, we can't write Maybin off after one year that would have been his

Junior season in college, but so far Lande looks to have been spot-on.

Another fwiw, Lande publishes his own draft guide (GMJr) in addition to working for SportingNews. Lande's

guide is BY FAR the most detailed of any that I've seen over the past 25 years of following the draft. For

$20 it is really worth-while if you are into the draft.

That is an atrocious mock the first 3 picks are about spot on but after that it falls to :thumbsup:

Why do you say that? Is it just because it doesn't line up with other mock drafts that you've seen? How do

you know which one is "right" or if ANY of them are close?

I applaud them for going with their opinions on the players and team needs instead of just going with the

popular "flow" from other prognosticators. Realistically, most of the mock drafts will be wrong A LOT, even

in round 1.

Do you work for Russ Lande?

Marketing should be your profession.

I am a long-time draft fanatic and I find SportingNews' WarRoom to be one of the most credible scouting

services around (I also like Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki).

WarRoom is run by Russ Lande who actually worked in the NFL as a scout for the Rams (and I think the

Browns, too). Now, I know that there are good and bad scouts in the NFL, but Lande at least knows how

to study tape, knows what NFL types are looking for in players and likely has some contacts in the league

also. He also isn't afraid to express a bold opinion. For instance, he isn't down on board-favorite Rolando

McClain, but he does go against the "common opinion" in thinking that he isn't a high number 1 pick.

FWIW, Lande was not that high on Aaron Maybin last year when many others were touting him as the best

pass rusher in the draft. To be fair, we can't write Maybin off after one year that would have been his

Junior season in college, but so far Lande looks to have been spot-on.

Another fwiw, Lande publishes his own draft guide (GMJr) in addition to working for SportingNews. Lande's

guide is BY FAR the most detailed of any that I've seen over the past 25 years of following the draft. For

$20 it is really worth-while if you are into the draft.

He has us taking Kindle because we currently need an olb. I beg to differ. Mitchell "can" play olb (even if he doesn't want to), and poz is a FA after next year, and I wouldn't be shocked if we let go. He's not very good. I take mcclain And sign porter.

Preferably we take Bulaga , if he's there.

Why do you say that? Is it just because it doesn't line up with other mock drafts that you've seen? How do

you know which one is "right" or if ANY of them are close?

I applaud them for going with their opinions on the players and team needs instead of just going with the

popular "flow" from other prognosticators. Realistically, most of the mock drafts will be wrong A LOT, even

in round 1.

Claussen out of rd 1?

the Best DE in Pierre-Paul is the 3rd DE taken

We are drafting a LB that is 3rd best at his position according to a majority of other sites i have seen.

Im not saying that the others are right, but this mock just does not make very much sense.

Claussen out of rd 1?

the Best DE in Pierre-Paul is the 3rd DE taken

We are drafting a LB that is 3rd best at his position according to a majority of other sites i have seen.

Im not saying that the others are right, but this mock just does not make very much sense.

none of them ever make any sense in hind sight after the real thing is done.

He has us taking Kindle because we currently need an olb. I beg to differ. Mitchell "can" play olb (even if he doesn't want to), and poz is a FA after next year, and I wouldn't be shocked if we let go. He's not very good. I take mcclain And sign porter.

Preferably we take Bulaga , if he's there.

Not in the 3-4 he can't your OLBs become you primary pass rushers. He can handle the zone coverage but a bonifide pass-rusher he is not. I suggest you google the topic or get a good book. He does have the size although on the short end but he has 12 sacks in a 7 year career. Good 3-4 OLBs get that in a season maybe a season and a half.

Do you work for Russ Lande?

Marketing should be your profession.

No. I am just a draft fanatic who has purchased and read lots of draft publications over the last 25 years including

Kiper's, Draft Scrapbook, Ourlads, Pro Football Weekly, Draft Insiders and Lande's GMJr. I am sure that I forgot

a few, but I think that is most of them.

I just appreciate the product and thought that I'd mention it on here as (obviously) there are a lot of folks on here

who are very into the draft.