finally signed someone

Green, 34, has been entrenched at right tackle for the Silver & Black the last three campaigns, tallying 38-starts. His unstable play and tendency to rack up penalties has been one of the major issues along the trenches for the Raiders.

The Bills have a need along the offensive line and Green is one option that won’t be pricey and that has starting experience.

Gee don't we already have a poor offensive right tackle who gets a lot of penalties?

Hmm..domestic violence charge, assault charge at an airport....

The RAIDERS are happy to get rid of him?

Nice job Buddy...

Green, 34, has been entrenched at right tackle for the Silver & Black the last three campaigns, tallying 38-starts. His unstable play and tendency to rack up penalties has been one of the major issues along the trenches for the Raiders.

The Bills have a need along the offensive line and Green is one option that won’t be pricey and that has starting experience.

Gee don't we already have a poor offensive right tackle who gets a lot of penalties?

Nice job Buddy...

ouch.

so is this guy better than the last OT the Bills signed off of Al Davis' 3-ring circus squad?

:thumbsup:

I can't imagine. Langston Walker was actually a pretty good RT for us. Just went on a Raiders message board and they're all laughing at us. Went on a Chiefs message board the other day and they were all praising Wade Smith, saying the Chiefs should re-sign him and he was their best OL last year. If the Bills couldn't buck up for Wade Smith and had to settle for a guy who may have cost a few bucks less, I gotta believe that's not a good sign.

I can't imagine. Langston Walker was actually a pretty good RT for us. Just went on a Raiders message board and they're all laughing at us. Went on a Chiefs message board the other day and they were all praising Wade Smith, saying the Chiefs should re-sign him and he was their best OL last year. If the Bills couldn't buck up for Wade Smith and had to settle for a guy who may have cost a few bucks less, I gotta believe that's not a good sign.

IM praying he is only signed to add depth,,not the starter

Nice job Buddy...

Good on field guy, but a guy I'd much rather not have in the Buffalo community or in the Bills locker room. :thumbsup:

It's not good when Raiders fans can point and laugh at another fan base... not good.

:thumbsup:

Nice job Buddy...

OK- are we in rebuilding mode, or playing to win this year? I guess neither, just trying to stock a roster on the cheap. 34 year old Raider lineman with a propensity for penalties- sounds fantastic

Reality check - Raiders are better than the Bills. There are very few teams we can point and laugh at, because we are the joke.

teams? What team can we point at laugh at? I do agree with you that the Raiders are a better team

Nice job Buddy...

No, I think we have a poor offensive left tackle that gets a lot of penalties. Now have a matched set.

From PFT

"The Bills have jumped off the sidelines this offseason with an odd move.

The team signed tackle Cornell Green to a three-year, $9 million contract, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Last with the Raiders, Green turns 34 this offseason.

Buffalo needs warm bodies on the offensive line, but Green didn't seem like a player that was going to get much more than the veteran's minimum. Of course, he may have to start in Buffalo."

From PFT

"The Bills have jumped off the sidelines this offseason with an odd move.

The team signed tackle Cornell Green to a three-year, $9 million contract, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Last with the Raiders, Green turns 34 this offseason.

Buffalo needs warm bodies on the offensive line, but Green didn't seem like a player that was going to get much more than the veteran's minimum. Of course, he may have to start in Buffalo."

:thumbsup: kudos Buddy!

No salary floor. This will be the starter. I laugh at everyone who is so confident...."this is a depth move." No 400,000 is a depth move. $3M is our starter. Remember no salary floor. Ralph can spend as little as he wants.

Those of us who believe we are tanking for Jake Locker heartily approve this move!!

Purely a backup/ depth guy

I wouldn't count on that. For the Bills to spend $9M on this guy probably means they have him penciled in at starter. It really makes no sense to pay someone this age and this level of performance $3M per year to be a backup, when no one else was interested and he could've been had for league minimum.

If this is any indication of the new regime, then :thumbsup: