Kudos to Nix and Whaley

Well with that logic, Ralph should've hired Matt Millen and Rich Kotite. At least they have some experience at GM and HC.

Yeah, because they really fit with the idea of succesful track records that I explicitly mentioned. Great comparison! :wallbash:

Again.

Aim for the stars Simon, Cornell Green is now protecting your favorite QB of the week!

Wow, I can't believe they haven't been able to overcome years of atrocious management and decision making with a whole 2 months to work with. Gee, they're just like the old regime. :thumbsup:

You know if you want to talk football, great. If you just want to run around being an ignorant jackass and continually insulting people for no good reason, go find another board.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, he had something to do with Byrd. And Levitre and Wood who stand a very good chance of being great. Not to mention Nelson, who has potential to be the best receiving TE we have had in a while.

More importantly, you can't seriously say Maybin is a complete bust after one season of barely being utilized? :wallbash:

Oher is making the switch to LT this year. We had our shot at a great RT, possibly great LT, but instead chose an undersized one year wonder who was a project. We also passed on Cushing- rookie of the year- he would of helped us tremendously, especially since we are switching to the 3-4.. We could of chose Orakpo and his 11 sacks- Lord knows we need a pass rush. We could of chose Percy Harvin- we certainly need the help at WR. We could of chose Clay Mathews- as noted earlier we need desperate help at LB. Those 4 made the probowl. But instead we chose Maybin- who has shown nothing. It is up there with Mike Williams pick as worst pick of the decade. Go ahead and say he "might" be good. But we passed on 4 great football players- all of them would be starting for us and playing at a high level

You know if you want to talk football, great. If you just want to run around being an ignorant jackass and continually insulting people for no good reason, go find another board.

I insulted a guy who routinely insults others on this board. I've also noticed that you take this tact everytime someone diagrees with your opinion. I'm going to stick around, my favorite thing is reading how unaccountable people are a year later.

Oher is making the switch to LT this year. We had our shot at a great RT, possibly great LT, but instead chose an undersized one year wonder who was a project. We also passed on Cushing- rookie of the year- he would of helped us tremendously, especially since we are switching to the 3-4.. We could of chose Orakpo and his 11 sacks- Lord knows we need a pass rush. We could of chose Percy Harvin- we certainly need the help at WR. We could of chose Clay Mathews- as noted earlier we need desperate help at LB. Those 4 made the probowl. But instead we chose Maybin- who has shown nothing. It is up there with Mike Williams pick as worst pick of the decade. Go ahead and say he "might" be good. But we passed on 4 great football players- all of them would be starting for us and playing at a high level

With this again? Every single year there are going to be immediate impact rookies that are drafted. And every year, every team will look back and see the players they could have had with their pick. This stupid argument can be made about every single draft in NFL history. There will always be coulda, woulda, shouldas. Hindsight is 20/20, my friend.

I am not defending the Maybin pick by any means. I am just pointing out that to say we could have had all these players is pointless because every team that drafted before us and some behind us could say the same thing about all those players.

I insulted a guy who routinely insults others on this board. I

He's not the only person you've insulted.

I've also noticed that you take this tact everytime someone diagrees with your opinion.

You haven't even made any attempt to address my opinion. Just made a few predictable, condescending jokes that have nothing to do with what I actually said.

I'm going to stick around, my favorite thing is reading how unaccountable people are a year later.

Best of luck making it until 2011.

With this again? Every single year there are going to be immediate impact rookies that are drafted. And every year, every team will look back and see the players they could have had with their pick. This stupid argument can be made about every single draft in NFL history. There will always be coulda, woulda, shouldas. Hindsight is 20/20, my friend.

I am not defending the Maybin pick by any means. I am just pointing out that to say we could have had all these players is pointless because every team that drafted before us and some behind us could say the same thing about all those players.

i don't know why they stop at 5 or 6 examples of looking-back-can't-miss players. there are literally thousands of players that this and every team passed on that eventually were good to great players. list 'em all, keep 'em coming, the discourse is healthy. a friend of mine found out recently that a girl he really liked back in 8th grade really liked him. sure, he's 45 now, but it's all he talks about...

i don't know why they stop at 5 or 6 examples of looking-back-can't-miss players. there are literally thousands of players that this and every team passed on that eventually were good to great players. list 'em all, keep 'em coming, the discourse is healthy. a friend of mine found out recently that a girl he really liked back in 8th grade really liked him. sure, he's 45 now, but it's all he talks about...

Glad to see someone else shares my point of view. Love the anecdote by the way. :wallbash:

the only moves I see the Bills make are letting go Ingoneto, Denney, Wendley, Josh Reed, TO. That is what is pissing me off about our inactivity. We have so many holes, and now we are creating more. Go ahead and rant that those 5 suck. But they need to be replaced. Who is going to replace them? Plus the need at DE, NT, QB. OLB, LT, RT....and the upgrades at other positions. We are going to have a joke of a 53 man roster. You can only do so much through a draft. And you can only do so much in 3 drafts. How are we improved? This is a team that lost to Cleveland minus the 5 I mentioned and perhaps minus Schobel. I would not be praising the front office. Show me

Hardy and Johnson replace T.O. and Reed. Denney didn't fit the system. Wendling is easily replacable and so is Jenkins. Special Teams guys only. Nic Harris can be that. Cary Harris or Lankster can be that. Icognito could always be brought back if he doesn't sign elswhere, but it's damn near creepy to me that folks on this board love Incognito after dude was in B-Lo for what three games? Please stop whining. The season starts in September. The FA period goes on for months, not just a single weekend. They could make trades. The draft is in April. Get a grip.

Glad to see someone else shares my point of view. Love the anecdote by the way. :wallbash:

i find the board fascinating at times. i can be pretty negative as a fan, always waiting for the next shoe to drop, always wondering how the boys from buffalo will go awry. but compared to some folks, i'm downright sunny. i can reconcile suspicion, mistrust, and a "i'll wait until they prove something" without a problem at all. i get that---i'd have been waiting for cowher to have a heart attack right after he signed on, or shanny to get arrested for trasporting illegals in the back of his esclade.

i just can't figure out why you'd jump on the new regime and the moves they make without letting it play out a bit. it's not like free agent signing XXX = guaranteed success.

i'm happy to be as pissed as everyone else if it all blows up on 'em, but i'd at least like to wait until it fails. i'm hard pressed to kick a guy in the nads who hasn't been here the last decade.

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Peppers - Shanahan has NEVER been good at getting Free Agents...he struck out again missing out on Peppers.

Dansby - Arizona couldn't have paid him, THAT's why they let him go. He was IMO the best available this offseason.

Vanden Bosche - I agree with you there.

Kampman - I wouldn't say he sucks...he could have really helped us out. Better than Kelsay will be in the 3-4.

I highly doubt Whaley has as much say in all of this as you think. There are players out there that COULD help us, and we are sitting around doing nothing about it.

Cornell Green? Seriously? This is the best we can do?

What the Bills are going to do is to build through the draft, not FA. That means they are not going to be very good in 2010.......but that is by design.

There is no sense in acquiring a whole bunch of expensive FAs in 2010 that won't fill enough of the holes anyway.

They are on a TWO YEAR plan.

I don't mind waiting until 2011 for the Bills to actually be able to compete for the division title/playoffs.........as long as they have a viable plan in place.

Don't even try to tell me that the Bills will be better this year than last year. There's no way that's going to happen unless the draft picks produce big time in year 1.

S0 why bother with Corneel Green with this DESIGN ?? Oooops!!!

So a good WR and a good ILB makes us a ton better? Not at the salaries they are being paid. Any ILB in rounds 2-5 can have the same impact as Dansby. As for as Bolden is concerned, we have a guy who has talent and oft injured sitting on our roster right now.

No one player would make us a "ton better". so let's not sign anybody. ANY ILB in rounds 2- can have the same impact as Dansby ??? That is one of the lamest statements I've ever heard. And nobody "oft injured" has anything close to Boldin's talent... except in your Pollyanna fantasy world. But keep convincing yourself.

We've already seen him on the field for years now and he's already proven he is a great 'backer. But for that money he better be the best LB in the NFL. And as much as I like him, that's a stretch.

He is better than any LB on our roster.... so why must he be the best ?? They don't wear dollar signs on their jerseys. When he makes a big play and beats us, instead of him making a big play for us and beating the Dolphins, it really won't matter if he's only the... say fifth best LB in the league, will it ??

Yea, he had something to do with Byrd. And Levitre and Wood who stand a very good chance of being great. Not to mention Nelson, who has potential to be the best receiving TE we have had in a while.

More importantly, you can't seriously say Maybin is a complete bust after one season of barely being utilized? :wallbash:

But YOU are willing to make a judgment on Nelson, Levitre, and Wood. Very weak. And yes, unless something changes with this punk... he was a complete bust. Oher was the pick, or Cushing And yes, we were saying not to draft this bum BEFORE the draft.

for the record, my beef is with the people who think this team has much talent. No beef with Nix, etc. Actually listening to Buddy makes me feel like we have a guy who is gonna give it his all.

AMEN !!!

I am a regular reader but not a regular poster here so please excuse me if I am merely repeating a regularly made point. I dont believe what I hear sometimes on here. Prior to last years draft if someone had said you will have 3 immediate starters, one of which will be a probowler this year, as well as 2 guys who will play a number of games for us you would have bitten their hand off. No matter what you say last years draft was a success. We can always say "we missed out on cushing, orakpo and harvin". Well THEY ALL passed on Byrd. Another probowler! I hope they are all being taken to task. I am not going to get into whether Maybin will be a great player or not here as its irrelevant as its purely conjecture so I'll deal with what we KNOW. We drafted 3 immediate starters. Thats a good draft!

We drafted 3 immediate starters. Thats a good draft!

I agree with your overall point, especially as it pertains to Byrd. But the last two sentences (quoted above) really drive me nuts. I absolutely hate when people use "getting starters" as the standard for drafting success - when you are a bad team, getting starters is setting the bar too low.

When a bad team drafts guys who become starters on a weak roster, I say, big deal!

I agree with your overall point, especially as it pertains to Byrd. But the last two sentences (quoted above) really drive me nuts. I absolutely hate when people use "getting starters" as the standard for drafting success - when you are a bad team, getting starters is setting the bar too low.

When a bad team drafts guys who become starters on a weak roster, I say, big deal!

But using that logic we are improving the team whether it be a bad team or not. In those terms if we continue to gain 4-5 starters every year then we will continue to improve. Thats something we havent done for a long time. :wallbash:

Hardy and Johnson replace T.O. and Reed. Denney didn't fit the system. Wendling is easily replacable and so is Jenkins. Special Teams guys only. Nic Harris can be that. Cary Harris or Lankster can be that. Icognito could always be brought back if he doesn't sign elswhere, but it's damn near creepy to me that folks on this board love Incognito after dude was in B-Lo for what three games? Please stop whining. The season starts in September. The FA period goes on for months, not just a single weekend. They could make trades. The draft is in April. Get a grip.

Now that is funny! Ha Ha Ha! Wow?

But YOU are willing to make a judgment on Nelson, Levitre, and Wood. Very weak. And yes, unless something changes with this punk... he was a complete bust. Oher was the pick, or Cushing And yes, we were saying not to draft this bum BEFORE the draft.

for the record, my beef is with the people who think this team has much talent. No beef with Nix, etc. Actually listening to Buddy makes me feel like we have a guy who is gonna give it his all.

So YOU want to call me out for evaluating the talent we brought in last year, that actually go to play and performed well, then go on to make a judgement on a guy who didn't get his fair chance? That's what is weak.

They are doing it right. You know for all the Nix bashing, Whaley is the guy that runs Free agency to a majoritive extent. He scouts potential FA's then makes recomendations to Nix on who to bring in....which has been pretty much no one so far and I agree.

Peppers? Overhyped. Takes many plays off and is in it for the money only. He was going to the highest bidder which was Chicago. Funny, Washington didn't go after him....hummm....

Dansby? A 'good' ILB that doesn't rush the passer. He is so good Arizona just flat out let him walk. Nuff said.

Vanden bosch (sp). Pure 4-3 DE and he was going to play with his old DC so no one else had a shot.

Kampman? Sucked in the 3-4 in Green Bay, a pure 4-3 DE. Went straight to Jacksonville who sucks as well.

So tell me again, who was it exactly we were supposed to go out and get? I may be wrong but hasn't Buffalo signed a FA on the first day of FA every year from 04-09? What is our record over that time again?

So not only Nix doesn't feel there are any FA's that are going to make a drastic difference, Whaley who has spent a decade with one of the best teams in the NFL when it comes to finding talent, doesn't think so either.

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

I don't disagree about the above mentioned players but Cornell Green was a waste of a plane ticket let alone 3 million...

Bottom line no matter how much Bills fans and local media B word and whine and complain, they are doing it right. They are cutting the underproducing fat, and they are not going to go out and just sign someone to appease the fanbase and I love it. I love the fact Nix and company are saying screw the whining fans and worthless media, we have a plan and are sticking to it!

If there isn't anyone out there that can really help your team in FA then dont' sign anyone. I feel when things calm down and some of these guys finally understand their true market value, we will sign a couple guys. But in the end this team is going to be built through the DRAFT first and formost.

amen my fellow bills brother. finally a true bills fan with a brain and who understands life in the NFL this year especially with the collective bargaining situation.

all these idiots see names and think they are the same players they were 5 years ago. the next thing the whiner losers will B word about is why we didnt sign Jamal williams mark my words.

if nix(who drafted him ) didnt want him whats that tell you.

great post and i couldnt agree with you more nice job!

its a rarity arounmd these message boards to find true bills fans with any sembalance of a freaking brain.

Peppers - Shanahan has NEVER been good at getting Free Agents...he struck out again missing out on Peppers.

Dansby - Arizona couldn't have paid him, THAT's why they let him go. He was IMO the best available this offseason.

Vanden Bosche - I agree with you there.

Kampman - I wouldn't say he sucks...he could have really helped us out. Better than Kelsay will be in the 3-4.

I highly doubt Whaley has as much say in all of this as you think. There are players out there that COULD help us, and we are sitting around doing nothing about it.

Cornell Green? Seriously? This is the best we can do?

but we overpaid him by a lot so he must be good based on his salary

one of his biggest attributes is that he will give Bell a run for his money for most penalties.

Agreed. My only concern is the lack of any exploration whatsoever. (Of course, who knows what actually may be going on behind the scenes.) Maybe they are waiting until the circus level atmosphere tones down, and decent but low key vets can be added for reasonable offers.

I really think that this new front office with Nix, Modrak (unburdened by Jauron and his goons), and Gailey (with his college connections and supporting staff) believes that they can work this year's draft. That's why I do not expect them to be trading away draft picks for RFAs. I hope they are right.

you have no idea who they are interested in and because they correctly dont put it out there for everyone including the ignorant fans they suck.

typical uneducated member of the supposed bills fans.

amen my fellow bills brother. finally a true bills fan with a brain and who understands life in the NFL this year especially with the collective bargaining situation.

all these idiots see names and think they are the same players they were 5 years ago. the next thing the whiner losers will B word about is why we didnt sign Jamal williams mark my words.

if nix(who drafted him ) didnt want him whats that tell you.

great post and i couldnt agree with you more nice job!

its a rarity arounmd these message boards to find true bills fans with any sembalance of a freaking brain.

Most of these guys are of the 'Madden' Mentality. I for one would love for the system to go back to you get to do nothing but draft and develop players instead of them running off for the next big paycheck somewhere else.

You are right on Williams, they don't understand that Nix didn't want him for some reason, Whaley apperantly didn't think much of him, and a playoff team that had him didn't want him back. But hey according to the 'fans' we were supposed to go out and pay the guy just because we dont' have an NT yet.

So YOU want to call me out for evaluating the talent we brought in last year, that actually go to play and performed well, then go on to make a judgement on a guy who didn't get his fair chance? That's what is weak.

Who performed well ? Other than Byrd... just because they started on a team mostly by default... someone had to play that means they performed well. Maybin didn't get a fair chance because he should never have been drafted that a high and he's a punk. I will save your post for future reference. Take Care

Most of these guys are of the 'Madden' Mentality. I for one would love for the system to go back to you get to do nothing but draft and develop players instead of them running off for the next big paycheck somewhere else.

You are right on Williams, they don't understand that Nix didn't want him for some reason, Whaley apperantly didn't think much of him, and a playoff team that had him didn't want him back. But hey according to the 'fans' we were supposed to go out and pay the guy just because we dont' have an NT yet.

And why are we supposed to believe that the Broncos know what they're doing?

Who performed well ? Other than Byrd... just because they started on a team mostly by default... someone had to play that means they performed well. Maybin didn't get a fair chance because he should never have been drafted that a high and he's a punk. I will save your post for future reference. Take Care

Since when does just playing mean you played well? Rookies are forced into service by 'default' plenty of times. They don't always do well. That's like saying you could be pro bowl safety just because you had to play that position. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson did play because they had to, but they did well because they are good players, not because getting the chance to play consitutes good execution.

Also, I don't disagree that Maybin was picked too early, but he still didn't get utilized nearly as much as those other rookies like Byrd, Wood and Levitre.

the only moves I see the Bills make are letting go Ingoneto, Denney, Wendley, Josh Reed, TO. That is what is pissing me off about our inactivity. We have so many holes, and now we are creating more. Go ahead and rant that those 5 suck. But they need to be replaced. Who is going to replace them? Plus the need at DE, NT, QB. OLB, LT, RT....and the upgrades at other positions. We are going to have a joke of a 53 man roster. You can only do so much through a draft. And you can only do so much in 3 drafts. How are we improved? This is a team that lost to Cleveland minus the 5 I mentioned and perhaps minus Schobel. I would not be praising the front office. Show me

I understand your stress but it is only mid-march relax let the off season take shape. if nothing happens I will be right there with you but till t least July I am going wait this one out.

We have no way of knowing if there was interest in Jamal Williams. I have a feeling it was more that Williams had no interest in Buffalo. He got a call from Denver, a very good team, in the same division as the Chargers and I have a feeling he has some revenge in mind 2x a year. My two cents..