Not to stick up for the media, but...

Virgil

Has anyone else noticed that on every sight that talks about the FA Market, whenever something related to the Bills is mentioned, the writer makes some kind of comment about the Bills being invisible so far?

Seriously, on ESPN, CNNSI, Rotoworld, they all makes comments about how the Bills haven't done anything yet, or how they are finally hearing anything from the FO.

I'm not one to care about this stuff, nor do I believe that most of these guys know much more about the team than what they read from their co-workers, but it's still interesting to me to see how apparent and surprising it is to everyone how a 5-11 team feels like they only need the draft to turn things around.

Has anyone else noticed that on every sight that talks about the FA Market, whenever something related to the Bills is mentioned, the writer makes some kind of comment about the Bills being invisible so far?

Seriously, on ESPN, CNNSI, Rotoworld, they all makes comments about how the Bills haven't done anything yet, or how they are finally hearing anything from the FO.

I'm not one to care about this stuff, nor do I believe that most of these guys know much more about the team than what they read from their co-workers, but it's still interesting to me to see how apparent and surprising it is to everyone how a 5-11 team feels like they only need the draft to turn things around.

Its a week free agent class, the middle of the road talent guys take time to sign because they weigh out all there options and contract offers. Unless you want another year where we throw huge $$$ at free agents like Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker where they immediatly sign here. It will take more than a draft to turn things around, more like 2-3 drafts and Nix has already said it all cant be done this year.

Besides Peppers, Dunta Robinson, and Karlos Dansby are there any UFAs worth getting excited over? It looks like a heaping pile of crap to me.

Joey Porter, that NT from SD, and Mawae are still out there and would help this team immensely. Dansby, Kevin Walter, that G from NE, Banta-Cain, and Scott Fujita are guys who have signed with other teams but would have helped us out immensely too. Those are all guys off the top of my head, I am sure there are more. Also, trades could be made, or at least looked into, for Gaither/McNiel/Merriman and others.

The off season is not limited to FAs, trades count too. The media is surprised such a sh*t team hasnt done sh*t.

I tend to believe there's lots going on......it's just that the Buffalo FO is a black hole for the media. No one saw the Nix or Gailey hires coming, nor the release of TO, however expected.

The real surprise is the Redskins being quiet. What's up with that?

NKM, A different regime has taken over the football side of the operations and the owner is not going to be as involved in the football decisions. Bruce Allen is the new GM and Mike Shanahan is the HC. They will be restocking some of the OL with middle tier free agents and will rely on the draft instead of the high profile free agent approach.

The Skins could take one of the two first round rate qbs with their pick and if they do that then the second round will be an OT. If they decide not to take a qb or one of their liking is not available with their first pick then the odds are that they will take a LT.

Under Shanahan and Allen the Skins have shed a lot of the veteran players on the roster with the strategy of making this roster younger and cheaper.

not a surprise to me for two reasons.

1. buddy chided one of their own - sully-in-his-pants - at a presser and made sully-in-his-pants look like the pos he is - so therefore they are going to give the bills and buffalo every crap comment they can come up with that is negative - period!

2. the lesser reason is we have been active early over the past 2-3 years and spent some money and made some splashes - therefore they are pointing out that we did not continue appraoch this year.

NKM, A different regime has taken over the football side of the operations and the owner is not going to be as involved in the football decisions. Bruce Allen is the new GM and Mike Shanahan is the HC. They will be restocking some of the OL with middle tier free agents and will rely on the draft instead of the high profile free agent approach.

The Skins could take one of the two first round rate qbs with their pick and if they do that then the second round will be an OT. If they decide not to take a qb or one of their liking is not available with their first pick then the odds are that they will take a LT.

Under Shanahan and Allen the Skins have shed a lot of the veteran players on the roster with the strategy of making this roster younger and cheaper.

I thought it all depended on the owner, John? Did Snyder step down?

I thought it all depended on the owner, John? Did Snyder step down?

NKM, He didn't step down; he stepped back. What is remarkable is how the fanbase has enthusiastically supported this more low key and conventional approach instead of the high profile and expensive free agent signings.

There is another current going on here. There is a good possibility, if not probability, that there is going to be a work stoppage. So the franchise is shedding contracts and taking their cap hit sooner so after the stoppage the team will be in better financial shape.

NKM, He didn't step down; he stepped back. What is remarkable is how the fanbase has enthusiastically supported this more low key and conventional approach instead of the high profile and expensive free agent signings.

There is another current going on here. There is a good possibility, if not probability, that there is going to be a work stoppage. So the franchise is shedding contracts and taking their cap hit sooner so after the stoppage the team will be in better financial shape.

If only they'd been smart enough to take that tact back in 2006. :beer:

Watched NFL Total Access tonight and that Jason La Canfora was just laughing at The Bills...I mean...it was a bit embarassing...But here's the funniest part...One of the things this "Bills expert" says is that they are in trouble because they let a lot of real good Coaches go...Huh? Really Jason? WTF Team have you been watching these past few years...Cause it ain't The Bills...He lost most of the VERY little credibility he had with Me when he made that statement...

Look I don't expect The Bills to be great in 2010...And I'm not sure what the hell they are going to do...But here is what I do know from someone who has not missed watching a single Bills Game in the last 15 or so Years...They WILL be better Coached, cause it can't get worse...They WILL have a better FO because Buddy is better and that idiot Guy is gone...And the fact that they have not signed or over-freaking paid for a UFA so far in a weak UFA Class does not matter one bit...

The Bills Need to improve their O-Line, QB, and NT Positions most of all...They Need at least one 3-4 OLB...They could use another WR...Lets see where the Roster stands when Training Camp opens...I may not be optimistic, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I forgot more about this Team than La Canfora (or most of the idiots who think The Bills are gonna suck just because they are The Bills) will ever know...

We'll see soon enough... :beer: