Bills do not tender Incognito, Jonathan Scott

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed 100%

Incognito is a good player, played well, wanted to be here, and we're otherwise thin at the interior line spots. This doesn't make sense to me.

This mals NO sense. We need quality backup when Woods dos get bttr. I'm scrathing my had AGAIN.

+1 sigh............

The upside -- next year 4th quarter, driving, about to go ahead, and we don't lose 15 or 30 yards cause he threw a fit. There was a reason he was waived midseason. Yea he didn't explode in the 7 or so plays in buffalo but can you imagine the I told you sos when he inevitably does?

Well - he does have a reputation. I've worked in places where a fellow was competent at his job - but you always were uneasy that he was a ticking time bomb, and wondered about how his next explosion would manifest itself.

The Bills need a "ticking time bomb", some attitude, some swagger.

Maybe the Sabres will pick him up.

Let's face it...

in this this town we have two soft teams who are WAY too comfortable.

I have to admit, to not tender Incognito after the offensive line woes we have is a bit strange, and there is a small part of me that is bummed that Incognito was not tendered but Ellison was.

However, this is a new front office, with Nix and Whaley running the show.

Incognito was a stop-gap solution at RG after we lost Wood for the season. He was waived by the Rams for his emotional struggles on the field. He supposedly has all of the talent in the world, but can't seem to control himself.

At this point, with a new front office, I will trust that a plan is in place.

I think this shows our hand come draft day. We tender every defensive player we have, and let the OL guys walk. We now need 2 OTs and a G that are starting caliber. Hang only plays center till Wood is back would be my guess. 3 new OL to START. As if our hands werent tied already...

Agreed 100%

Incognito is a good player, played well, wanted to be here, and we're otherwise thin at the interior line spots. This doesn't make sense to me.

That's not what I have heard. It could be that he expressed his desire not to be in Buffalo and they obliged.

He must be a real jerk! Doing this with Incognito seems just like the Peters situation. I think Mark Gaughn is making an assumption about Wood, because Wood hasn't been that optimistic. Although he is targeting camp, he realizes it may take longer. I think the safer assumption is that he will miss this year and we should plan to be without him and keep Incognito.

Perhaps not tendering any of these guys is a way of saving $$ and being able to offer them less at a later date - not sure -just a guess (& maybe a little hope)!!!

Wrong. For starters, Ed Kilgore reported that Gailey said Wood and Bell were "moving along maybe faster than our trainers thought at the time" Second, Wood was very optimistic in that article about him last month. But he was also realistic when he said that any setbacks could knock him out for the year.

Even though we drafted 2 guards last year, we could spend draft picks on another guard to replace Wood if he moves to center of has'nt recovered, and two Tackles. We should spend every draft pick on the OL and DL. We have so many holes to fill it's going to take a few years to fill them all. Forget QB until the OL line is worked out, not to mention we don't have any DL men to play the 3-4. WR is another mess, no TO, no Reed, and Evens is at best a #2 reciever.

Agreed 100%

of course it makes sense

he costs too much

7th round and UDFA scrubs cost less

Just a thought,

would it be beneficial not to tender Incognito and try to re-sign him as an UFA? I don't know what the terms we signed him at last season but I would imagine that we, more or less, had to offer a bit more given the time of year. He might come a bit cheaper.

In Buddy we Trust!

I have to admit, to not tender Incognito after the offensive line woes we have is a bit strange, and there is a small part of me that is bummed that Incognito was not tendered but Ellison was.

However, this is a new front office, with Nix and Whaley running the show.

Incognito was a stop-gap solution at RG after we lost Wood for the season. He was waived by the Rams for his emotional struggles on the field. He supposedly has all of the talent in the world, but can't seem to control himself.

At this point, with a new front office, I will trust that a plan is in place.

Well we have had 31 posts in this thread and only two posters are willing to give the Bills football guys the benefit of the doubt.

I was surprised that Incognito wasn't tendered also but really, guys like Nix and Whaley evaluating Incognito and some of you are saying that he played well last year? As most of us accept, evaluating offensive line play, unless you record every game and break down every play, is not something any of us really do (or are capable of doing even if we did break down every play).

Incognito didn't strike me as having been that impressive. I'll trust the front office on this one.

BTW, don't the Bills still have Levitre, Woods, Hangartner, and Kendall Simmons as their top 4 interior offensive linemen?

Isn't Simmons only 30 years old and a former first round pick of the Steelers?

Well we have had 31 posts in this thread and only two posters are willing to give the Bills football guys the benefit of the doubt.

I was surprised that Incognito wasn't tendered also but really, guys like Nix and Whaley evaluating Incognito and some of you are saying that he played well last year? As most of us accept, evaluating offensive line play, unless you record every game and break down every play, is not something any of us really do (or are capable of doing even if we did break down every play).

Incognito didn't strike me as having been that impressive. I'll trust the front office on this one.

BTW, don't the Bills still have Levitre, Woods, Hangartner, and Kendall Simmons as their top 4 interior offensive linemen?

simmons is a free agent . That said no one is bashing the front office. I think most of kind of took a liking to incognito and considering the state of the oline we were surprised he was let go . That said we are fans not professionals. I do feel for the first time in a long time that they guy making the decision is highly qualified and I am excited for the offseason

simmons is a free agent . That said no one is bashing the front office. I think most of kind of took a liking to incognito and considering the state of the oline we were surprised he was let go . That said we are fans not professionals. I do feel for the first time in a long time that they guy making the decision is highly qualified and I am excited for the offseason

I didn't say people were "bashing the front office" (although some posters certainly were). I said that only two posters were giving Nix/Whaley/Gailey the benefit of the doubt.

To review:

Not tendering Incognito seems a pretty stupid move. He played well in the few games in which he started and would have been a nice backup even if Wood did return. I'm hoping this isn't the first of a string of stupid personnel moves.

Agreed 100%

Tendering Incognito seemed like a gimme.

I guess the "new regime" feels we can get O-lineman anywhere, like the moron Jauron.

This does not appear to be a sound decision by the Bills Brass.

Yeah, I don't see any 'upside' to not tendering him. Matter of fact I'm perplexed.

I agree. We need all the Offensive lineman that we have. He may be unpopular, but he is good.

This makes NO sense. We need quality backup when Woods dos get better. I'm scrathing my had AGAIN.

+1 sigh............

All of the above quotes (many by posters I greatly respect) are either bashing, or second guessing the Bills' braintrust. Like I said, and I stand by it, I'm amazed how few people are valuing their own opinions over the opinions of the Bills' decision makers, on the matter of Richie Incognito.

It was a another stupid move by the clown show at OBD.

The proper move is to tender the guy and retain control over his rights until you see what you can replace him with in the draft and free agency.

There is a chance someone else wants him and gives you a pick.

It's not like the bills are overflowing with healthy OL under contract.

same story as the past 10 years, cut loose guys to save money and create more holes than can be filled in the off-season.

Just a thought,

would it be beneficial not to tender Incognito and try to re-sign him as an UFA? I don't know what the terms we signed him at last season but I would imagine that we, more or less, had to offer a bit more given the time of year. He might come a bit cheaper.

Wasn't he a waiver claim? ie we just continued his previous contract. Depending on terms, it might be cheaper to do this, but you can still negotiate a long term deal with lower per year salary if that's what you want. A tender is just a "if nothing else" thing if really used well. Forcing a guy to play under it is all good fun for a year but don't count on him liking the front office too much.