Bills Tender Keith Freaking Ellison

Rzon604

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6495905.php

What a joke. Nice first move of FA, tender a useless 220 pound LB who doesn't fit inside or outside in your scheme. Nice job. This pisses me off so much, I thought we were finally rid of this d.b.

I will never understand the TSW Keith Ellison hate.

I cannot be convinced to hate him, please don't attempt.

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

Somebody posts something about a player sucking...because they have used their train eye to watch replays of the game on television...then, somebody else thinks it sounds kind of neat to agree with them...then it becomes accepted as fact that said player sucks...it has been that way for years here...you know that! :w00t:

Relax dude. Its just a strategy. They have no intention of Ellison being on the 53 man roster in September. Teams are not tendering their restricted free agents because they want to keep them. Their only value to their team is "trade value" , and thus posturing to use these players as trade bait. If they don't get what they want in a trade, they will be released.

In Ellison's case, he is highly regarded as a cover linebacker. And, he does have 3 years of NFL starting experience. Someone with a 4-3 defense that needs a linebacker may very well give up a player or 5th or 6th round draft pick.

So, rest assured... Ellison's jersey will be worn by someone else come September.

:w00t:

"He is highly regarded as a cover linebacker"?! What are you talking about? Remember the Pats opener? Have you watched Keith Ellison play before? Seriously?

Anyone who thinks some team is going to sign Ellison for draft-pick comp is delusional. That must be the Bills thinking, but it ain't going to happen.

Same here. Sad that he's not a big specimen, he doesn't make starter status, but he plays with heart. If you can find a roster spot for that kind of player...do it.

Somebody posts something about a player sucking...because they have used their train eye to watch replays of the game on television...then, somebody else thinks it sounds kind of neat to agree with them...then it becomes accepted as fact that said player sucks...it has been that way for years here...you know that! :w00t:

I have always thought this. Especially with offensive linemen. 95% of people on here or everywhere for that matter base their opinions on offensive linemen on what other people say. Geoff Hangartner? Is he good? I have no idea, because I watch the ball once it's snapped. But going on here, some people say he's a real good solid starter and some people say he absolutely sucks. To be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea how good he is and I would bet my life that neither do 95% of the people on here, yet everybody has such a strong opinion.

I agree with the original poster. To me, this is a subtle message that the Bills are not going to be big spenders in free agency (as if I needed a subtle message to figure that out).

Ellison is not my favorite player, I think he is a hard worker without much talent. And whoever said he is "well regarded as a cover linebacker", I'm not sure who is regarding him as such. I think he is well regarded by the BILLS as a good cover linebacker, but to the rest of the league, I'm not quite sure. It is clear that he has been signed to ensure depth at a position that will need to be drastically re-staffed.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see who the Bills sign, but I'm afraid we're going to have to deal with a Ellison types for another year or two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a tender only gives us a right of 1st refusal on the guy. It doesn't guarantee anything to Ellison. It seems like everyone is getting tendered because there is little downside.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a tender only gives us a right of 1st refusal on the guy. It doesn't guarantee anything to Ellison. It seems like everyone is getting tendered because there is little downside.

Exactly.

I'm not an Ellison fan by any means, but if there is a possibility of someone offering up a draft pick for Ellison before we cut him later in the offseason, I'm all for it.

He's a 6th round pick who has been forced to start for a few years. He's made a lot of tackles and not nearly as bad as he is made out to be. He's not really a NFL starter but he could be a valuable backup who has starting experience and STs player.

This!

There are dozens of former Bills enjoying great success playing for other teams. Players that the moron minority couldn't wait to get out of here yet they stand around baffled when the player succeeds elsewhere.

Most of these "run'em out of town" guys couldn't tell the difference between a cover 2 and a nickle yet they're self professed experts on evaluating talent. They're a bunch of !@#$ing lemmings who've never had an original thought.

Ellison will never be Ray Lewis but he is a seasoned starter. Letting him walk for nothing would be idiotic.

Exactly.

I'm not an Ellison fan by any means, but if there is a possibility of someone offering up a draft pick for Ellison before we cut him later in the offseason, I'm all for it.

I think tenders are guaranteed when signed, but I'm not sure. I know franchise tenders are guaranteed.

"He is highly regarded as a cover linebacker"?! What are you talking about? Remember the Pats opener? Have you watched Keith Ellison play before? Seriously?

Anyone who thinks some team is going to sign Ellison for draft-pick comp is delusional. That must be the Bills thinking, but it ain't going to happen.

????? Right dude... do you know any NFL LB that ain't been schooled by Brady? WTF?

How much would you like to wager that some team won't pick him up as part of some compensation package... draft pick or other. He's 26 years old (PRIME), 4 years of NFL starting experience in a cover 2, has good speed, had 68 tackles in 8 games last year. seems to me he'd fit the profile for teams like Indy, Philly, Tenn, Saints, Giants.

And don't forget... Jauron and Fewell are now assistants with two of those teams.

Why the hell do you think the Bills tendered him? They aint gonna keep him. So, why not outright release him?

This!

There are dozens of former Bills enjoying great success playing for other teams. Players that the moron minority couldn't wait to get out of here yet they stand around baffled when the player succeeds elsewhere.

Most of these "run'em out of town" guys couldn't tell the difference between a cover 2 and a nickle yet they're self professed experts on evaluating talent. They're a bunch of !@#$ing lemmings who've never had an original thought.

Ellison will never be Ray Lewis but he is a seasoned starter. Letting him walk for nothing would be idiotic.

Since you're so smart, please name the 'dozens' of former Bills players currently enjoying success on other teams. There's Jim Leonard, who was well liked as nice player. You can also argue for Justin Bannan, who was a nice DT back-up, and was a nice rotational player for the Ravens. I don't recall anyone wanting to run these two out of town. Please name the other 'dozens' of players currently enjoying success.

Interesting you call people morons but can't spell "nickel" correctly. Ellison is a cover 2 weakside LB, and an average to below average one at that. He is not a fit in the 3-4. Anyone with a brain knows that. Perhaps you lack one. So "letting him go for nothing is idiotic?" Well if no one signs Ellison and the Bills end up cutting him later and getting nothing, you're saying the Bills are idiotic?

You're guilty of what you accuse others of being - a self-professed expert on personnel. You'll see that no other GM wants Ellison. I suppose they're all buffoons too. Keep drinking the kool-aid dude.