Has Trent Edwards said ANYTHING since his demotion?

I know we're all joking, but the guy makes a legitimate point.

Even JP Freaking Losman wasn't happy with his demotion and said as much to the media. He was terrible and never earned his job back, but at least there was a pulse there. When Bledsoe was cut, he was not happy about it, and rightfully so.

Especially when there's now reports that he's probably gonna be the starting QB AGAIN this fall, it'd be important to get a hold of this guy and see where his head is at.

He loses the starting role to Fitzpatrick and he's just ok with it? I don't get it. The guy is bad. But if he's our best option at QB he best be putting his best foot forward with the fans and the media. It certainly couldn't hurt to gain some positive press.

Of course, those two went public and were cut. trent maybe learned something and is working to get back in the saddle.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, those two went public and were cut. trent maybe learned something and is working to get back in the saddle.

Yes, but the difference here is that JP was STILL on the team when he was benched. Bledsoe was cut and then went out to the media with his thoughts.

All I'm saying is, if this broken POS is gonna line up and take snaps for my team, he best be doing all he can to save face. I'm tired of this guy, but if management can't get anybody better, what other options do I have?

No ulterior motives here, just wondering. I haven't heard or read a single quote by the guy since he lost his job to Fitzpatrick during last season. Has anyone even asked him about it? If so, is he refusing to speak to the media? Doesn't anyone else find it odd that we've heard absolutely nothing from the guy? You'd think he'd at least have something to say about the new regime, wanting to compete for his job again, or, alternatively, not wanting to play in Buffalo any longer. But instead, complete silence. I know that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the Buffalo sports media to simply fail to even try to get a quote from the former-and-potentially-future starting QB, but just wondering if anyone has tried. Does anyone else think it's odd??

I think I heard him say "thank god I dont have to stand behind that offensive line anymore"

Yes, but the difference here is that JP was STILL on the team when he was benched. Bledsoe was cut and then went out to the media with his thoughts.

All I'm saying is, if this broken POS is gonna line up and take snaps for my team, he best be doing all he can to save face. I'm tired of this guy, but if management can't get anybody better, what other options do I have?

So because he didn't get the job done and got injured playing for the football team you root for on tv, he's a POS? Get some class and perspective.

It's not really a criticism of him. I'm more curious to know whether anyone has even asked him anything.

Yes, they've tried. Think you might find a couple of "declined comment" mentions in Wawrow's stories.

So because he didn't get the job done and got injured playing for the football team you root for on tv, he's a POS? Get some class and perspective.

Whatever brah don't take yourself so seriously. It's one comment about a millionaire athlete on a message board. I'm sure he's really upset about what "Peevo" said on the Stadium Wall.

Class and perspective? Ok. Edwards graduated from Stanford with a Political Science degree. I'm gonna be graduating from UB with the same degree. I imagine his program is much more challenging than mine, and I can say, the School of Political Science is kicking my ass. So, good for him. He's definitely smart, good guy. All that.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a lousy QB that get hurts a lot, even before getting drafted by the Bills. And yes, if he's gonna start for this team next year he has a responsibility to face the media and the criticism along with it. It comes with the job.

Better now?

Even JP Freaking Losman wasn't happy with his demotion and said as much to the media. He was terrible and never earned his job back, but at least there was a pulse there. When Bledsoe was cut, he was not happy about it, and rightfully so.

Ah yes, no comment = no pulse.

Of course, if he gives an interview expressing his unhappiness with the situation, he's a crybaby and a team cancer.

Good grief.

Especially when there's now reports that he's probably gonna be the starting QB AGAIN this fall, it'd be important to get a hold of this guy and see where his head is at.

Really? Firstly, I am sure the appropriate people will get with Trent to see where his head is at before he is given the starter's role again. And, by appropriate people, I mean the Buffalo Bills coaching staff - not media and fans with pitchforks on a Buffalo Bills message board. Secondly, even IF he did give some statement to the media, the story would be sensationalized to portray whatever side the media thinks will sell advertisements. It always cracks me up that people expect to get the full story from the media about anything and everything - like we have some sort of right to know everything that is going on in Trent's head.

The week that he was demoted he twice walked away from some reporters who asked him about it. I guess that's why there are no quotes from him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...-practice-squad

I also noticed on the sidelines that Brohm seemed to be more involved than TE was. When Fitz was reviewing the plays from the previous series Brohm would be right there with him and captain checkdown would hang out alone at the other end of the bench. Seeing that really showed me that he's got no fight in him, he's a p**sy.

^^

This

Whatever brah don't take yourself so seriously. It's one comment about a millionaire athlete on a message board. I'm sure he's really upset about what "Peevo" said on the Stadium Wall.

Class and perspective? Ok. Edwards graduated from Stanford with a Political Science degree. I'm gonna be graduating from UB with the same degree. I imagine his program is much more challenging than mine, and I can say, the School of Political Science is kicking my ass. So, good for him. He's definitely smart, good guy. All that.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a lousy QB that get hurts a lot, even before getting drafted by the Bills. And yes, if he's gonna start for this team next year he has a responsibility to face the media and the criticism along with it. It comes with the job.

Better now?

Maybe less time posting on a football blog and more time studying in the library might make the subject matter more understandable. Now give me a 50 pg book report on David Halberstam's book on Viet Nam: The Best and the Brightest. It's a very thick book but the writer did incredible research and is a terrific writer. Now stop procrastinating and get to it! :D

Guest dog14787
I know we're all joking, but the guy makes a legitimate point.

He loses the starting role to Fitzpatrick and he's just ok with it? I don't get it. The guy is bad. But if he's our best option at QB he best be putting his best foot forward with the fans and the media. It certainly couldn't hurt to gain some positive press.

The impression I got from AVP on one of his interviews awhile back was they had intentionally tried to give TE a little bit of a breather on the bench to collect himself after suffering two concussions in such close proximity.

TE's silence so far shows allot of character in my opinion.

Edwards has always been a team first kind of guy and for the team to turn its back on him, it had to break his heart.