Taylor Mays...

Taylor Mays is STILL a man amongst boys. Dude has a 41' vert and ran the 40 in 4.24 (unofficial), 4.43 (officially).

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/02/not-record...l-sets-db-pace/

I would much rather have him than Eric Berry. Mays is the second coming of Sean Taylor. He could be a serious force in the defensive backfield with Jairus Byrd. I would love to have Byrd - Mays, as our safeties for the next 10 years.

Not to mention...the kid can seriously lay the wood on opposing receivers...and I would LOVE to have somebody that would take Randy Moss' head off as he came across the middle. <_<

I will NOT be surprised if he goes before Eric Berry.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berry is going to be so much better than Mays that it's not even funny. He already is, actually. Mays is not a playmaker at all, is poor in coverage, lacks football smarts and he's a terrible open-field tackler. He'll be lucky to amount to anything, whereas Berry ought to be a star in the NFL.

Berry is going to be so much better than Mays that it's not even funny. He already is, actually. Mays is not a playmaker at all, is poor in coverage, lacks football smarts and he's a terrible open-field tackler. He'll be lucky to amount to anything, whereas Berry ought to be a star in the NFL.

Your an idiot from buffalo! I am from the kingdom of south buffalo I live in riverside ca, now and see every single usc game and they have the junior nfl of defenses research how many of pete caroll's players r in the league u may **** in your pants taylor mays can play free or strong in a 3-4 or 4-3 that forty time solidified him as a top twenty five pick! I would trade up in the first round if we could and have him and the byrd man im just sayin !

Have to admit, it would be interesting to have Mays roam centerfield at the Rich. <_<

Don't get greedy dude, you already have the Byrdman back there and just about every other area on this team ASIDE FROM THE SECONDARY needs major help.

And yet, for all the hype, he forced only 6 turnovers in four seasons, and half of those were his freshman year at USC. Sure, someone will come along and say he wasn't used properly, or that he helped out a young team. At the same time, he forced only (EDIT: 3) turnovers in his sophomore through senior campaigns.

He's a boom or bust pick, and it looks like the latter. BTW, average age of a TBD'er must be down to about 14 by now.

Eric Berry came in at 211 which is not small and had a 43 inch vert and has much better ball skills- being a big hitter is nice but ints rule- people have a high value on sacks because they are drive killers but nothing kills a drive like an int, it may sound crazy but to me Byrds 9 ints is equivalent to 18 sacks and if he had returned any of those bad boys for a TD it'd be worth even more.

Id rather have G Wilson at SS.

Mays makes his money from his workout numbers, not his play on the field. Would you even know who he was if he wasnt 235 and ran a 4.4? He to so average as a football player. Eric Berry is way better thats for sure, but so is Earl Thomas. I agree he may be more of a LB conversion in a Tampa two than a safety.

PS I am pissed his 40 was not in the 4.3s, I wanted Oakland to take him.

I agree with the OP. Mays is a monster of an athelete. I havent seen much or any of Berry. But I watched Mays and how the NFL guys practically creamed themselves after his 40 time. I would want him on my team. We can say that Berry may be better, that may be true in the end. But I want Mays for the same reason the OP stated. A massive body that has lightning speed playing SS would just be sick. If we had Byrd back at FS we have a ballhawking and hard hitting Safety group for years to come. It would be like having Ed Reed, and Troy Palamalu on the same field. Im ok with that. If I want to give up a 1st, or 2nd round pick for him is another story. If he fell to the 3rd Id take him in a heartbeat. But we have too many other needs on this team as we are still safety heavy.

most Bills fans heads would explode if they draft any type of a DB with the 9th pick

you build a team starting with the trenches and work your way out, not the other way around

Mays will more than likely be moved to OLB in the Pro's....which is a good thing for whoever takes him (Raiders with the #8 pick....c'mon, it's Al friggn Davis) His physical tools and athleticism make this kid extremely marketable. With that 40 time, every coach in the stands will want to work with this kid and coach him up. He may be a bit of a project, but I'm guessing he'll be a quick study and will become an elite NFL player withina couple 2-3 years. Anyone who disagrees, really doesn't know much about the kind of individual it takes to be successful in the NFL. <_<

Id rather have G Wilson at SS.

Mays makes his money from his workout numbers, not his play on the field. Would you even know who he was if he wasnt 235 and ran a 4.4? He to so average as a football player. Eric Berry is way better thats for sure, but so is Earl Thomas. I agree he may be more of a LB conversion in a Tampa two than a safety.

PS I am pissed his 40 was not in the 4.3s, I wanted Oakland to take him.

his 2nd 40 was 4.34 unofficially, don't know where it registered officially though.

Yeah, but he runs real fast and jumps real high in shorts. He's gotta be a good football player.

GO BILLS!!!

#1. Mays looks good with out pads on with he sucks