I gotta say...

...I like what I'm seeing so far with this new regime. I've been saying for months now that the Bills need to actually start rebuilding and stop trying to appease all the fans with insulting our intelligence with all of these quick fixes. (i.e.: T.O., Bledsoe, etc.).

Although I will miss T.O. and Josh Reed, neither one realisticly lived up to the hype. T.O. was "supposed to be the guy to take us to the next level, instead we lost one more game than the previous 3 years (Granted, he had the absolute worst QB's he's ever had throwing him the ball). Reed was supposed to be Hinds Ward every year he was here. That's not easy to do, and probably not very fair to Josh. Hinds Ward is a one of a kind player, and there's nobody like him and probably never will be. Just because someone looks the part doesn't mean anything. James Hardy is just as tall as Randy Moss...get it?

Bottom line is, and many might disagree, but I like that the Bills are starting fresh. New coach, new GM and hopefully, a rookie QB to build the franchise around the right way. I know it's only natural to be pessimistic being a Bills fan, but to me, this is like a breath of fresh air for me.

...I like what I'm seeing so far with this new regime. I've been saying for months now that the Bills need to actually start rebuilding and stop trying to appease all the fans with insulting our intelligence with all of these quick fixes. (i.e.: T.O., Bledsoe, etc.).

Although I will miss T.O. and Josh Reed, neither one realisticly lived up to the hype. T.O. was "supposed to be the guy to take us to the next level, instead we lost one more game than the previous 3 years (Granted, he had the absolute worst QB's he's ever had throwing him the ball). Reed was supposed to be Hinds Ward every year he was here. That's not easy to do, and probably not very fair to Josh. Hinds Ward is a one of a kind player, and there's nobody like him and probably never will be. Just because someone looks the part doesn't mean anything. James Hardy is just as tall as Randy Moss...get it?

Bottom line is, and many might disagree, but I like that the Bills are starting fresh. New coach, new GM and hopefully, a rookie QB to build the franchise around the right way. I know it's only natural to be pessimistic being a Bills fan, but to me, this is like a breath of fresh air for me.

No WR can take us to the next level, Only a QB can do that...see Jim Kelly.

agreed, Nix knows that the real way to please the fans is to WIN, and we weren't winning with the guys we have so why keep them. The new regime is def sending a message to some of the other bubble players. I'm very happy that buddy and chan are putting their stamp on this team, hopefully it will mean more wins.

I agree with you, I also like how the new regime is handling things so far. The one thing I want to point out about what you said is I would disagree with a rookie QB THIS year. I'm not sure if that's what you are getting at, but I would rather not getting our franchise guy this year. Take a look at the Jets, they built their O-line up first then got Sanchez and where did he take them his rookie year? The AFC championship game. Granted they had a great defense as well but I think the Bills are a couple of playmakers away from having a stud defensive unit as well, depending on how the 3-4 switch goes.

I think that we would be better off focusing more on building both lines this year and taking our franchise guy next year after we get the trenches set straight. I suppose we could draft a project guy in a mid round but I wouldn't want us to put all our faith into whoever that guy may be.

stink...rinse ...repeat

First, trading for Bledsoe was hardly the same as brining in Terrell Owens. It is easy to say, in hindsight, that it was a lightweight move, but Bledsoe was braught into Buffalo, as a seasoned veteran, on a team that was stocked with other veterans, and was poised to take it to the "next level"... the Owens move was clearly a PR move, made to excite a fan base that had very little to get excited about. Only a fool (and there were many here!) would have thought he would make any real difference in the teams fortunes....

As for Owens, Reed, etc...stop living in the past, its' embarrassing! :unsure:

stink...rinse ...repeat

It's funny how many posts there are where people say they "like what they see" so far with the new "regime." The people behind the scenes haven't changed, just the more public faces of the organization.

That, and the fact that free agency and the draft haven't happened yet. I can't wait until the Bills are again noticeably quiet in UFA. Then, those liking the new regime posts will turn on a dime and do a 180.

It's funny how many posts there are where people say they "like what they see" so far with the new "regime." The people behind the scenes haven't changed, just the more public faces of the organization.

That, and the fact that free agency and the draft haven't happened yet. I can't wait until the Bills are again noticeably quiet in UFA. Then, those liking the new regime posts will turn on a dime and do a 180.

C'mon...the Bills have braught in plenty of FA's for a looksey the last few years...and sources have said that they are interested in lots of different FA's...oh, they have to actually sign them to appease you? :unsure:

Ah yes---that fresh smell of 2004.........

That won't take long. I say Bills fans turn on the new regime around 2pm on Friday when we haven't signed anyone/dont have anyone coming in for a visit.

That won't take long. I say Bills fans turn on the new regime around 2pm on Friday when we haven't signed anyone/dont have anyone coming in for a visit.

Probably every teams' message board, save the Redskins', will be female canining about the lack of FA's signed. It's not going to be a buyer's market.

That or an offensive line that can actually open up holes in the running game. Our success on the ground is largely due to the RBs being that good. Lynch survived on determination and carrying half the opposing team on his back. Jackson survived by being a great cut back runner because there were never any holes where they were supposed to be and he had to find another way.

Imagine what those two guys could look like if every once and a while they didn't have to make their first "move" or get their first contact until BEYOND the line of scrimmage? That would be exciting as HELL to watch.

It really IS that simple. Oh, we can certainly fill in all the other need positions with adequate to better than adequate players but until we have that special guy in place at the most important position, it'll never happen.

GO BILLS!!!

C'mon...the Bills have braught in plenty of FA's for a looksey the last few years...and sources have said that they are interested in lots of different FA's...oh, they have to actually sign them to appease you? :unsure:

Come on here....BRAUGHT ....two times in one tread....it's BROUGHT.

:devil:

Well Im not sure how hiring a coach who repeatedly failed at all levels (NFL HC and OC, and college HC) and hiring an in house GM who is 70ish without even conducting an interview with a candidate from outside the organization can be so promising, but I sure hope it works! I wont be betting the farm on it working however...

You like what you've seen from this regime? Really???? I 've heard the usual bull and banter, the key ingredients for another batch of koolaid.

So, please do tell. What have you seen from this regime that you like? What is different from the past regime besides the names?

Well Im not sure how hiring a coach who repeatedly failed at all levels (NFL HC and OC, and college HC) and hiring an in house GM who is 70ish without even conducting an interview with a candidate from outside the organization can be so promising, but I sure hope it works! I wont be betting the farm on it working however...

Gailey "failed at all levels?" Really? :wallbash: