Don Banks - Interesting comment on his mock draft....

Kipers Hair

This is from his most recent mock draft - and I can't say I disagree - seems like a stop gap front office....

"With apologies to the Bills' new general manager, we've nixed the idea of Buffalo taking Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen. The management tandem of Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey just doesn't seem like a long-term arrangement, so why go down the first-round quarterback road to develop a QB they won't be around to play? The Bills offensive line was in tatters last season, and Williams is the last of the four tackles who carries top 10 value."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...l#ixzz0gZORnZN3

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

"Buying Time" should be the team's motto. Nearly every move they've made from a front office and coaching perspective is a temporary move which they hope works out. Luck seems to be what they're depending on. Levy, Brandon, Nix, Jauron, Gailey et al. Eventually, it's realized that those moves don't work, so they make another change in hopes it'll work out too.

Commitment to no commitment.

That doesn't make any sense at all. No matter what you think of the front office hires, do you really think Nix and Gailey are under the impression that they are a "stop gap" administration? They were just hired and they are already planning their exit?

Maybe I'm wrong about this because I dislike Banks so much and tend to disagree with everything he says, but that just doesn't add up to me.

That doesn't make any sense at all. No matter what you think of the front office hires, do you really think Nix and Gailey are under the impression that they are a "stop gap" administration? They were just hired and they are already planning their exit?

Maybe I'm wrong about this because I dislike Banks so much and tend to disagree with everything he says, but that just doesn't add up to me.

Totally agree, same thing I was thinking. Why in the world would Buddy make a selection based on whether he'll still be around to see it? Just complete nonsense. <_<

I am sorry but reaching to take Trent Williams just isn't a sound move. If we can't get one of the top three guys just pass and move on to another position of need or trade down. Williams is a RT if they want a RT they can draft one in round 2 so pass on the idea of taking Trent Williams at pick 9. Take McClain he is the best player on the board and fills a need. Take a RT in round 2 and take a chance on D Bell improving.

With McClain we get a beastly MLB for our brand new 3-4 with Williams we get a terrible value drafting a RT in the top 10.

So before they have even coached in a single game, Chan Gaily and his staff are worried about being fired? And because of this, we are going to spend the number nine pick in the draft on a guy who wasn't even a good tackle in college.

That makes perfect sense. <_<

Gotta Love the slow times in the offseason, reporters just pull things out of there ass

Slow times? Over 600 media credentials issued for the combine, league meetings and free agency after that, and then the run-up to the draft. Offseason? Maybe for the players ...

does anyone really think that its a secret that this coaching staff is poorly put together

Just because someone thinks Gailey won't be around long doesn't make it a fact. Gailey is only 60. What is the average tenure of an NFL coach? This is a non-issue brought up by somebody who throws opinions around like toilet paper.

PTR

Right on Lori, and it isn't only Parker being his agent that would scare me away. Trent Williams is not a very good tackle, left or right. If both QB's and Okung/Bulaga are gone......GO IN ANOTHER DIRECTION!!!! McClain or even one of the big DE's like Morgan or Carlos "I like falling asleep at red lights like Bruce Smith" Dunlap would be solid choices. It seems Dunlap is already following Bruce's footsteps and he hasn't even stepped on the football field yet!!!! <_<

Totally agree, same thing I was thinking. Why in the world would Buddy make a selection based on whether he'll still be around to see it? Just complete nonsense. <_<

So before they have even coached in a single game, Chan Gaily and his staff are worried about being fired? And because of this, we are going to spend the number nine pick in the draft on a guy who wasn't even a good tackle in college.

That makes perfect sense. :unsure:

Don Banks was initially hired by SI as a stopgap. :censored:

This is from his most recent mock draft - and I can't say I disagree - seems like a stop gap front office....

"With apologies to the Bills' new general manager, we've nixed the idea of Buffalo taking Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen. The management tandem of Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey just doesn't seem like a long-term arrangement, so why go down the first-round quarterback road to develop a QB they won't be around to play? The Bills offensive line was in tatters last season, and Williams is the last of the four tackles who carries top 10 value."

So does Don Banks think Ralph Wilson has another long term plan? Is Nix here to bring "stability" to the franchise like Levy and leave in 2 years? Or does he simply think they'll both get fired sooner rather than later?

If Bulago and Brown truly are gone by the time we pick I hope we trade down or take Clausen.

The OT from USC is def worth a look in the 2nd round.