Brad Bulter

San-O

Maybe the funniest part of all of this is the OP didn't even have his stats right.

Butler played in two games in 2006. He didn't start a game that season. He was active but didn't play in 7 other games.

Butler started all 16 games in 2007.

He started 13 games in 2008, and missed 3 due to injury.

He started 2 games in 2009 before being placed on IR.

So he started in 31 games, played in 33 games, and was active for 40 games.

As a general rule, when a starter in his mid 20's, under a multi-year contract worth about $8 million, decides to retire and walk away, most media outlets would consider that newsworthy.

Especially when he wants to get into politics.

And don't forget, that for his first 3 years, he played well on what was arguably the most difficult position on the O-Line. Can't remember where I read it...but there was a article that said RG is often paired up 1 on 1 with some of the monster DT's.

I'd guess it was the Ross Tucker article last off season about paying large sums to left guards being silly becuase largely the dropoff from probowl to backup is maybe 1-2 plays a game. He referenced RG as playing on an island and 1-1 generally all game long if I recall correctly.

Especially when he wants to get into politics.

"Ladies and Gentlemen...the new Republican Congressman from New York...Brad Butler."

You think I'm joking but Brad was an intern under Jack Kemp in college. Being a Bill counts for a lot in WNY.

PTR

He was a mediocre lineman on possibly the worst O-line in the league, and barely started over 50 % of the games

for Buffalo over 4 years.

I am announcing my retirement from this thread.

Thank you.

You start this crap and then leave?

OK. Fair enough.

Would anyone have noticed? If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

If a Bills O-lineman retires, does it , ehh you know.

What you need to know about Butler:

1. Butler was a starter.

2. A rht round pick, he worked very hard to start at both RG and then RT.

3. He has had injury problems that have cut his career short.

4. He is an intelligent and decent guy that was liked and respected on the team.

5. He has other aspirations that include law and politics.

6. He announced he is retiring which is WHAT DECENT PEOPLE DO when under contract.

Happy now?

You start this crap and then leave?

Yeah, I'm getting killed. Guess I underestimated the love for Butler and the

need for angry Bills fans to post on the board. I really didn't expect this type of reaction.

I understand Butler started for the Bills, I was attempting to insinuate that he wasn't a starting

caliber play, who didn't start consistently IMO and was often hurt.

How many O lines would he have started on if not the Bills? Seriously.

P.S. I hope the Bills draft O and D line and that they find a way to trade down.

Go Bills.

need for angry Bills fans to post on the board. I really didn't expect this type of reaction.

I understand Butler started for the Bills, I was attempting to insinuate that he wasn't a starting

P.S. I hope the Bills draft O and D line and that they find a way to trade down.

Go Bills.

You came out of retirement to announce that?

I can't imagine what he's thinking. He makes $3 mil a year. He's 26 years old and will make $40k per year in politics starting off. How about put a few mil in the bank, and retire in mid-to-early thirties and still have 30+ years of a political career!! How many 26 year olds make $3 mil/year??

Also, in 2008 he was probably our best lineman (not saying much). This is a blow to our team. Now we need both starting LT and RT, plus backups at those positions in addition to pretty much every other position.

He was a mediocre lineman on possibly the worst O-line in the league, and barely started over 50 % of the games

for Buffalo over 4 years.

I am announcing my retirement from this thread.

Thank you.

Good. Addition by subtraction. Maybe if we're really lucky, you'll leave TBD altogether.

Sadly, this is one of the more intelligent things you've ever posted, given the normal tripe you type out and spew all over the board.

Good. Addition by subtraction. Maybe if we're really lucky, you'll leave TBD altogether.

Sadly, this is one of the more intelligent things you've ever posted, given the normal tripe you type out and spew all over the board.

You know what, get a life. Really.

And I don't enjoy the crap on the board from people like you. It's a POST. Get over it. I've also noticed the

general level of respect, civility and general etiquette have gone down on here over the years. I don't recall

calling people out like this, but hey, like someone else said there's nothing stopping someone from posting just about

anything they want.

All hail Brad Butler.

I'm done. FYI: I noticed you're one of the most frequent posters ALL TIME on the board. Maybe you should

pull your head out and find something better to do.

Go Bills.

at right guard I'd say he'd start on about half the teams, at right tackle probably closer to a third.

Realistically, he's not a savior, but he was an asset. Right now we are lacking assets, making it that muchmore difficult to let him go.