Brad Bulter

San-O

If we have backup linemen announcing retirement, why can't I post on it.

Doesn't cost you anything.

Well, since he was under contract and fairly young, I would assume he would have to let someone know that he was not coming to work anymore.

Well, since he was under contract and fairly young, I would assume he would have to let someone know that he was not coming to work anymore.

OK. Fair enough.

Would anyone have noticed? If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

If a Bills O-lineman retires, does it , ehh you know.

If we have backup linemen announcing retirement, why can't I post on it.

Doesn't cost you anything.

I think his point was that it was a stupid post, and not just because you don't understand that Butler began the last 3 seasons as a starter for the Bills.

All NFL players 'annouce' their retirement since they are required to file retirement papers with the league. They have no control over whether the media finds it interesting enough to report on.

I think his point was that it was a stupid post, and not just because you don't understand that Butler began the last 3 seasons as a starter for the Bills.

All NFL players 'annouce' their retirement since they are required to file retirement papers with the league. They have no control over whether the media finds it interesting enough to report on.

He was a mediocre lineman on possibly the worst O-line in the league, and barely started over 50 % of the games

for Buffalo over 4 years.

I am announcing my retirement from this thread.

Thank you.

He was a mediocre lineman on possibly the worst O-line in the league, and barely started over 50 % of the games

Thank you.

Congrats on your retirement, but Butler had a better career.

Thank you.

it's true -- a late round pick starting over 60% of his games in his first 4 years including a position switch after being drafted and the another in his fourth year. Unimpressive.

By the way... Who was he backing up that started less then 40% of the games? Let's get rid of that guy.

Not saying he was great but he was an asset to this team. Smart, good attitude... Lucky we have less players like that on the team now.

it's true -- a late round pick starting over 60% of his games in his first 4 years including a position switch after being drafted and the another in his fourth year. Unimpressive.

By the way... Who was he backing up that started less then 40% of the games? Let's get rid of that guy.

Not saying he was great but he was an asset to this team. Smart, good attitude... Lucky we have less players like that on the team now.

And don't forget, that for his first 3 years, he played well on what was arguably the most difficult position on the O-Line. Can't remember where I read it...but there was a article that said RG is often paired up 1 on 1 with some of the monster DT's.

Maybe the funniest part of all of this is the OP didn't even have his stats right.

Butler played in two games in 2006. He didn't start a game that season. He was active but didn't play in 7 other games.

Butler started all 16 games in 2007.

He started 13 games in 2008, and missed 3 due to injury.

He started 2 games in 2009 before being placed on IR.

So he started in 31 games, played in 33 games, and was active for 40 games.

As a general rule, when a starter in his mid 20's, under a multi-year contract worth about $8 million, decides to retire and walk away, most media outlets would consider that newsworthy.