Having a riot at Chuck E Cheese!

Heels20X6

"My sister and little brother were taking pictures," Juaneka Key told WREG-TV. "The girl said, 'Dang, how long y'all gonna be?'" ...Key's stepfather, Terrence Dickerson, responded by punching the girl in the face,

reasonable reaction, not sure what all the fuss is about.

It has been a phenomenon for years. Youtube chuckie cheese brawls- there are plenty.

Blame the "mama-bear instinct.":

The environment also brings out what security experts call the "mama-bear instinct." A Chuck E. Cheese's can take on some of the dynamics of the animal kingdom, where beasts rush to protect their young when they sense a threat.

Stepping in when a parent perceives that a child is being threatened "is part of protective parenting," says Frank Farley, a psychologist at Temple University and former president of the American Psychological Association. "It is part of the species -- all species, in fact -- in the animal kingdom," he says. "We do it all of the time."

"One woman removed the red rope that marks the entrance queue and handed it to another woman, who swung the metal clip attached to it at others involved in the incident."

Now thats what I call classy

Just think how many respectable posters here (these boards) say they would act when it comes to child issues. Mama bear instinct to the hilt. :thumbsup:

Blame the "mama-bear instinct.":

The environment also brings out what security experts call the "mama-bear instinct." A Chuck E. Cheese's can take on some of the dynamics of the animal kingdom, where beasts rush to protect their young when they sense a threat.

Stepping in when a parent perceives that a child is being threatened "is part of protective parenting," says Frank Farley, a psychologist at Temple University and former president of the American Psychological Association. "It is part of the species -- all species, in fact -- in the animal kingdom," he says. "We do it all of the time."

I don't know about the "mama bear" instinct, but Chuck E Cheese seems to attract a high level of !@#$s who probably shouldn't be parents and are teaching their kids to act in the same self-centered, aggressive manner. I know my brother and his wife almost got into a fight at my son's first birthday (at a CEC) a couple years ago, because some older kids were pushing younger ones around and forcing their way onto games and the parents saw nothing wrong with it.

Now when we take him to CEC we pick a time when the place is quiet and he and his friends pretty much have the run of the place.

I don't know about the "mama bear" instinct, but Chuck E Cheese seems to attract a high level of !@#$s who probably shouldn't be parents and are teaching their kids to act in the same self-centered, aggressive manner. I know my brother and his wife almost got into a fight at my son's first birthday (at a CEC) a couple years ago, because some older kids were pushing younger ones around and forcing their way onto games and the parents saw nothing wrong with it.

Now when we take him to CEC we pick a time when the place is quiet and he and his friends pretty much have the run of the place.

I hear you. But why limit it to Chuck E. Cheeses? I guess everything comes to head at places like that. Mix in stuff like children running around, competition, and the thought that "its my little darling's special day." That sure is a recipe for disaster! I just made a case for the whole of American society.

:doh:

Just saying that we all have seen posts here how people say they would act aggressively if their children were maligned in some way.

This goes way beyond CEC's... CEC is just a flashpoint. Heck, not to get political... But you see it from the people that want to or are leading. They can't even get past "sticks and stones" without getting all "pitbull" on people's asses.

It is the message being sent down all avenues, shouted from the rooftops, and marketed through entertainment that is making the aggressive behavior problem worse.

I hear you. But why limit it to Chuck E. Cheeses? I guess everything comes to head at places like that. Mix in stuff like children running around, competition, and the thought that "its my little darling's special day." That sure is a recipe for disaster! I just made a case for the whole of American society.

:doh:

Just saying that we all have seen posts here how people say they would act aggressively if their children were maligned in some way.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...0&hl=k-mart

Oh... I forgot... Remember the old A&P's in BFLO? I remember being a child and messing around with the coffee grinders (Eight 'O Clock coffee) they used to have them where the cashier would grind the beans... The cashier knocked my hand so hard, I thought my hand would fall off... I guess better than have my fingers ground. I never touched the thing again. Try that nowadays... And you would have raged parents going nuts. My parnent? Told me: "See, that is what you get... Want to lose your fingers?" They actually thanked the cashier!