Brad Butler retiring

DPR4444

Whether Butler came back or not, the Bills still needed a real RT.

He realized that with Levitre, Wood, and Incognito he was going to have to earn a spot as a guard, cuz he sure as hell can't play RT.

We were successful till he went down so I don't know what your talking about.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do from time to time, but there are no GREAT passblocking RT's that is just not their job. Butler was NOT a really good RT anyway. We can replace him in the 3rd or later rounds.

I hope you're right, but I wholeheartedly disagree, and I don't think there was a large enough sample size for either side to claim much about Butler as an OT in the NFL.

He wants to go into politics.

according to his Uncle this is true. His Uncle Matt told me months ago he was considering going into politics, during the summer he has worked with Jack Kemp. I was hoping that it wasn't true. (I work with Matt)

I agree, but not because of this. Incognito is not to my knowledge a tackle, which was Butler's current position.

Levitre was a tackle in college.. He came in too weak for the NFL, but after a year and change of the Bills program, he might bs ready to compete for a RT spot.. I'd bet that they keep Incognito, Kendall Simmons is still on the roster....Wood to center... Bell at LT...

Dude, I have never wanted to believe anything more in my life with regard to the Bills than that Eric Wood will come back and be a monster, preferably under center.

I am just going to go "la la la la la" anytime anyone mentions how catastrophic that injury was, until I see this guy on the field.

Denial is our friend here.

You want Wood to play QB?

Come on guys, RT's are not that hard to find. They mainly run block and that is it. Butler is not a loss at all.

I agree. Just because he did not suck, certainly doesn't mean he was very good. I always thought he was average at best, certainly not dominant. We need to sign a RT in free agency and draft at least one if not more LT's.

I agree. Just because he did not suck, certainly doesn't mean he was very good. I always thought he was average at best, certainly not dominant. We need to sign a RT in free agency and draft at least one if not more LT's.

Despite your feelings, the last thing the Bills needed was for another starting position to open up.

Levitre was a tackle in college.. He came in too weak for the NFL, but after a year and change of the Bills program, he might bs ready to compete for a RT spot.. I'd bet that they keep Incognito, Kendall Simmons is still on the roster....Wood to center... Bell at LT...

Wood to center creates another opening. Doubt it happens. He has a long rehab ahead of him and don't think he will change positions.

Ack. Can I get some upgrades, please?

Come on guys, RT's are not that hard to find. They mainly run block and that is it. Butler is not a loss at all.

Tell that to the teams who don't have one. No one talks about Jon Stinchcomb shutting down Robert Mathis in the SB. If it's a passing league, doesn't it stand to reason that you need a RT who can handle a team's most likely second best pass rusher? Thought so.

Wasn't Levitre a tackle in college anyway?

LT-Wood-Hangartner-Incognito-Levitre

That's assuming Wood comes back, which he WON'T. Man we're screwed.

Levitre is a National Football League guard. He was an emergency guy at OT last season because the team had/has nothing there. His arms are too short, and he doesn't have the lateral agility to handle faster DE's. Playing guard doesn't expose this, and I'd add he's come along quite nicely.