New Kiper Mock

BeastMode54

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Schobel doesn't come back, can we count on Maybin to step in or should we start worrying and draft a DE?

Everything flys out the window as were moving to a 3-4 defense. Maybin would be an OLB in this case with Stroud, Williams, Johnson all splitting time at DE. If anything we need a stud DT but Id expect to get one in FA as I think they will want veteran talent at DL.

I would be ok with Okung as we really need OL help, however I would cry a little inside if we passed on McClain if hes there when we pick. I truly believe this kid will be the next big stud at LB in the NFL. He can play any LB position in a 3-4 or 4-3 if needed and is an absolute beast.

Everything flys out the window as were moving to a 3-4 defense. Maybin would be an OLB in this case with Stroud, Williams, Johnson all splitting time at DE. If anything we need a stud DT but Id expect to get one in FA as I think they will want veteran talent at DL.

I would be ok with Okung as we really need OL help, however I would cry a little inside if we passed on McClain if hes there when we pick. I truly believe this kid will be the next big stud at LB in the NFL. He can play any LB position in a 3-4 or 4-3 if needed and is an absolute beast.

My sentiments exactly.

QUOTE (DarthICE @ Feb 17 2010, 01:23 PM) *

LOL yeah only if we want to be winners. But Fans like you have become so used to sucking for so long I think you like it. Without a stud QB no matter what Defense, O Line or whatever, this team isn't going anywhere.

Trent Dilfer

I'll see your Trent Dilfer and raise you Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler (super bowl winners) and throw in rookie sensations of the last 2 years, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez :devil:

There are four very good OT's out there and we would be derelict if we don't take one of them at 9. I have been touting A. Davis from the get go, and Baluga as well, with the assumption that Okung would be long gone. Okung is a fine fine choice. Trent Williams is the fourth of these guys and many on this board want to go with him at nine too.

I think the Bills HAVE to get one of these guys at 9.

LOL yeah only if we want to be winners. But Fans like you have become so used to sucking for so long I think you like it. Without a stud QB no matter what Defense, O Line or whatever, this team isn't going anywhere.

If I had my choice of anyone and Okung (with the exception of the two top DT's) I would take Okung in a heartbeat.......

I would try not to trip as I was getting the card up to the podium

yeah....that's the ticket...get Rob Johnson...oh...get JP Losman.....oh...get Trent Edwards....oh....get jimmy clausen.

That's how not to suck....

And that stud QB will be on IR in 3 weeks if Bell and other motley crew of LTs are protecting his blind side again. I don't disagree with the stud QB argument, but we need a LT pretty bad as well after passing on Oher last year for Maybin. If we had Oher, I'd be right with you in clamoring for the QB.

If we had Oher, he would be playing at RT, just as he is in Baltimore. He'd be a terrific RT, but we don't have a big need there.

I just don't see Okung falling that far. Or Clausen or Bradford for that matter.

If we address the OL in Free Agency, we can draft the franchise QB. Just don't know how busy the Bills will be in an uncapped season coming up. No QB that might be made available by another team or through FA is going to be the franchise guy.

The problem is that the only LTs who'll be available in free agency are, how does one say this ... um ... not good.

The good ones will be franchised.

If we had Oher, he would be playing at RT, just as he is in Baltimore. He'd be a terrific RT, but we don't have a big need there.

I just don't see Okung falling that far. Or Clausen or Bradford for that matter.

Someone has to fall. Pick any 8 guys you think will go before we pick, and I can show you talent at our pick. It's not a no-brainer, but I feel better having Nix do it.

Ndamukong Suh DT43

Gerald McCoy DT43

Eric Berry FS

Russell Okung OT

Rolando McClain ILB

Joe Haden CB

Jimmy Clausen QB

Bryan Bulaga OT

Sam Bradford QB

Mike Iupati OG

Dez Bryant WRF

Dan Williams DT34

C.J. Spiller RBC

Derrick Morgan DE43

Earl Thomas FS

Carlos Dunlap DE43

Taylor Mays SS

Anthony Davis OG

Brandon Graham DE43

Jonathan Dwyer RBF

Jermaine Gresham TE

Jared Odrick DE34

Charles Brown OT

Corey Wootton DE43

Devin McCourty CB

Ricky Sapp OLB34

Bruce Campbell OT

QUOTE (DarthICE @ Feb 17 2010, 01:23 PM) *

I'll see your Trent Dilfer and raise you Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler (super bowl winners) and throw in rookie sensations of the last 2 years, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez :devil:

Yeah, but the real question is when Clausen and Bradford are gone in the top 6, what do you do?

And Okung too.

yeah....that's the ticket...get Rob Johnson...oh...get JP Losman.....oh...get Trent Edwards....oh....get jimmy clausen.

That's how not to suck....

Yeah, good logic. Here's another just like it.

yeah ... that's the ticket ... get DeMarcus Russell ... get Jason Campbell ... oh ... get J.P. Losman ... damn, look at all that evidence. Wow, we sure better steer clear of Matt Ryan.

There are four very good OT's out there and we would be derelict if we don't take one of them at 9. I have been touting A. Davis from the get go, and Baluga as well, with the assumption that Okung would be long gone. Okung is a fine fine choice. Trent Williams is the fourth of these guys and many on this board want to go with him at nine too.

I think the Bills HAVE to get one of these guys at 9.

Excellent OTs, yes, but there are real questions about whether some of them might end up being RTs like Oher. I'll leave this one up to Nix, personally.

Yeah, but the real question is when Clausen and Bradford are gone in the top 6, what do you do?

And Okung too.

I completely agree with you. I really don't see either QB being there for us at 9. Once the combine hits, and the hysteria kicks in like it does every year (Phillip Rivers), those guys are gone. We pick 9th, or essentially 8th because you know the Raiders pick will be irrelevant. You have the top two QB's, DT's, and pry OT's being gone. That leaves either Berry or McClain. Personally, I would actually like the idea of Berry here. I know it's not our most pressing need, but I'm done with Whitner and get gitty just thinking about Berry and Byrd in the backfield. I think that we can fill our OLB need in FA with someone like Pierce.

Someone has to fall. Pick any 8 guys you think will go before we pick, and I can show you talent at our pick. It's not a no-brainer, but I feel better having Nix do it.

Ndamukong Suh DT43

Gerald McCoy DT43

Eric Berry FS

Russell Okung OT

Rolando McClain ILB

Joe Haden CB

Jimmy Clausen QB

Bryan Bulaga OT

Sam Bradford QB

Mike Iupati OG

Dez Bryant WRF

Dan Williams DT34

C.J. Spiller RBC

Derrick Morgan DE43

Earl Thomas FS

Carlos Dunlap DE43

Taylor Mays SS

Anthony Davis OG

Brandon Graham DE43

Jonathan Dwyer RBF

Jermaine Gresham TE

Jared Odrick DE34

Charles Brown OT

Corey Wootton DE43

Devin McCourty CB

Ricky Sapp OLB34

Bruce Campbell OT

I can show you about ten to 12 busts there, too, Astro, it's just that nobody, certainly including me, knows which ones.

I definitely agree that getting Nix in to make the picks makes me more hopeful. And one of the things I'm most hopeful about is plugging maybe two of our three or four biggest holes with real quality. IMHO that would include QB, LT, DT, and LB and maybe a 3 - 4 DE. Again, IMHO, it would not include RB, CB, OG or S. Just IMHO. Impact players at any position would be most welcome.

Yeah, good logic. Here's another just like it.

yeah ... that's the ticket ... get DeMarcus Russell ... get Jason Campbell ... oh ... get J.P. Losman ... damn, look at all that evidence. Wow, we sure better steer clear of Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan, who went to a team with a good OL and played his first year with one of the most productive RB's in the league running behind that line, you mean? That Matt Ryan?

Or maybe you mean Joe Flacco, because he was succeeding on a team with a bad OL and questions at DL and LB? (Ngata and Ray Lewis suck)

If we think we have a NT and an OL Fred Jackson can run for 1600 yards behind, by all means, grab the best available QB.

C'mon, the Jets in our own division showed us exactly how to get it done. Draft/sign a stud OL (LT, C, plus G in FA, in their case), assemble a tough defense, THEN get your QB the next year. It's really not that hard to see, and the pattern is all over the place on successful teams.

The Detroit's of the league, on the other hand, go through high-pick QB's every few years, then wonder why they never can find the right one. Their newest one will be a broken down "bust" in a few years - count on it.

One should feel very sorry for David Carr, who had all the tools, looked great at first (Trent Edwards?) but after multiple 50+ sack seasons, understandably lost some of the confidence needed to succeed as a QB.