New Kiper Mock

BeastMode54

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know...what QB are we talking about? The crop of indecisive, inaccurate, tepid passers we currently feature? No. A decisive, strong-armed, accurate passer? Maybe.

I also don't remember saying that D. Bell or the current group of OL personnel had to be the starters. As far as I'm concerned the OL needs to be upgraded as well. But--as I've explained multiple times on this board--since QB is the more important position, if the right QB is available (i.e. a guy that Nix and Co. feel will be their starter for the next decade) he has to be the pick. That doesn't mean he has to play right away, it just means that a team without a franchise QB should make that their No. 1 priority. If that guy isn't there when you draft, you take the best player available.

The fact of the matter is that Buffalo needs to upgrade their OL, I've never argued that point. But what--pray tell--would be so bad about spending (hypothetically) a 1st round pick on a QB (provided--again--that the organization felt he was the guy), a 2nd round pick on a LB, and then every other pick (6 total) on OL? Even if you only get 1 in 3 picks right, you've got yourself two quality NFL starters.

That's fine, but since it's Okung we're talking about here, I see no QB in this draft that gives me as much confidence as Okung does at his position.