Update on Bradford from NFLN

DarthICE

They said they have talked with people who have been watching him throw and he is almost 100% and is totally pain free. Also the best Orothopod in the Biz is not only the one who fixed Bradfords shoulder, but Drew Brees' shoulder as well :lol:

He is the concensus #1 QB in this draft and if he passes the physical to everyones liking, he is back where he was last year which put him ahead of Stafford last year.

If he passes the physical, I want to see the Bills move up and take him. Strong arm, great accuracy and the one thing that has set him apart for me is he reads the field and makes good decisions faster than any QB I have seen in years. That decision making is key for me.

Bradford has never been in trouble and would represent this Franchise well on and off the field.

Lastly, unlike Clausen, he has no leadership questions. In fact, McCoy, Gresham and Trent Williams came back because he did this last year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they have talked with people who have been watching him throw and he is almost 100% and is totally pain free. Also the best Orothopod in the Biz is not only the one who fixed Bradfords shoulder, but Drew Brees' shoulder as well :lol:

He is the concensus #1 QB in this draft and if he passes the physical to everyones liking, he is back where he was last year which put him ahead of Stafford last year.

If he passes the physical, I want to see the Bills move up and take him. Strong arm, great accuracy and the one thing that has set him apart for me is he reads the field and makes good decisions faster than any QB I have seen in years. That decision making is key for me.

Bradford has never been in trouble and would represent this Franchise well on and off the field.

Lastly, unlike Clausen, he has no leadership questions. In fact, McCoy, Gresham and Trent Williams came back because he did this last year.

Will you be despondent if Washington and Seattle take your prized qbs (Clausen and Bradford) ahead of us? If we had a choice of either qb I would take Bradford because I value accuracy very highly.

There is a lot to like about Bradford but frailty is a trait on which we can take no risks. He had two major injuries and has a girlish look about him that screams out injury-prone. The good news is that other teams know this. If we can make a move similar to SD with Brees and take him toward the top of the 2nd then it is probably worth the risk. I have a feeling he will go in the mid 20s and trading up to get there is too costly.

Clausen is a big jerk and the other QBs stink. There will be a revolt if Trent is still on the roster day 1. Brohm is a drinker which shows other psychological problems which explains his drop in status. Kerry Collins part 2? That is our best hope. Anyway, we either make a trade for McNabb or we end up with Pennington or Fitz.

Moving up to get Bradford would in my opinion simply cost too much. We are looking at losing probably our second your pick this year, plus something more depending on how high we need to move. With all the other holes we have in our team, including at Tackle (since we would like to keep our injury-prone and weak--not my words QB on his feet), I just don't think we can go for it.

There is a lot to like about Bradford but frailty is a trait on which we can take no risks. He had two major injuries and has a girlish look about him that screams out injury-prone. The good news is that other teams know this. If we can make a move similar to SD with Brees and take him toward the top of the 2nd then it is probably worth the risk. I have a feeling he will go in the mid 20s and trading up to get there is too costly.

Clausen is a big jerk and the other QBs stink. There will be a revolt if Trent is still on the roster day 1. Brohm is a drinker which shows other psychological problems which explains his drop in status. Kerry Collins part 2? That is our best hope. Anyway, we either make a trade for McNabb or we end up with Pennington or Fitz.

What two injuries? He didn't have the shoulder fixed so it was a liability to play with it, everyone knew he would injure it further. It is the same injury that never healed because he wanted to play and help his team win.

Girlish look? Are you !@#$ing serious? That has to be one of the most stupid statements I have read on here and that is saying something.

What two injuries? He didn't have the shoulder fixed so it was a liability to play with it, everyone knew he would injure it further. It is the same injury that never healed because he wanted to play and help his team win.

Girlish look? Are you !@#$ing serious? That has to be one of the most stupid statements I have read on here and that is saying something.

He is Alex Smith with out the mobility.

Give me Clausen and call it a day. 6'3 236, great arm, pro style offense, played on a crappy team and excelled. And doesn't mind the cold.

I stand by my original statement. Bradford is the 2nd coming of Chris Chandler...AKA Chrystal Chandelier. Oft injured... you may get one or two good seasons out of him... and if you do, he probably breaks his throwing pinky two plays into his first playoff game.

This draft will be known as one of the weakest QB drafts in history.

Oh snap! ICE MAN is fin' to throw down with Crayonz! This is gonna get good!

Don't forget the bit about Brohm being a drunk with psychological issues. :ph34r:

Apparently, you don't read your own posts. :ph34r:

And it's funny but you like to kill Edwards. Yet, Edwards has a stronger arm and is a tougher QB than Bradford. The homer in you in taking over. Bradford is another system sooner Qb who is going to struggle with injuries his whole career. He couldn't even stay healthy playing behind blue chippers in college. He's going to be a huge bust.

Injury #1: Shoulder. A critical part of a QBs body.

Injury #2: Shoulder again; loosening it more. About two minutes after he came back. So he is either frail, dumb, or both.

I've seen enough frail and dumb around our QB that I know when to give up on those traits. Is he less frail than Edwards? I suppose, but a Barbie doll is less frail than a China doll. Big deal.

And Girlish? Well, ugly girlish I'll grant, but girlish nonetheless. Girlish in a German speed skater sort of way.

Injury #1: Shoulder. A critical part of a QBs body.

Injury #2: Shoulder again; loosening it more. About two minutes after he came back. So he is either frail, dumb, or both.

I've seen enough frail and dumb around our QB that I know when to give up on those traits. Is he less frail than Edwards? I suppose, but a Barbie doll is less frail than a China doll. Big deal.

And Girlish? Well, ugly girlish I'll grant, but girlish nonetheless. Girlish in a German speed skater sort of way.

:ph34r:

Shall we select "Hollywood" Sam Bradford or a "Hacksaw" Jimmy Clausen type?

You reverse than and you got that correct. Unless Sam Bradford was the guy who showed up when he was recruited in Limo, and according to what you read isn't all that well liked because of his douchebag holier than though attitude.

You reverse than and you got that correct. Unless Sam Bradford was the guy who showed up when he was recruited in Limo, and according to what you read isn't all that well liked because of his douchebag holier than though attitude.

Clausen Imperial Family = Manning Imperial Family

Do we really need to go down the road of great QB's produced through refined genetics yet again?

They said they have talked with people who have been watching him throw and he is almost 100% and is totally pain free. Also the best Orothopod in the Biz is not only the one who fixed Bradfords shoulder, but Drew Brees' shoulder as well :ph34r:

You're not biased at all by being an OU fan are you?

Sam Bradford may be a good, hell even a great quarterback. But his nipples are placed too low on his body. I saw it once while he was doing a press conference.

It looks wierd and unsettles me. I tried to find a pic on the internet, but am at work and when you type anything in google with the words "shirtless" you are bound to get in trouble.

Sam Bradford may be a good, hell even a great quarterback. But his nipples are placed too low on his body. I saw it once while he was doing a press conference.

It looks wierd and unsettles me. I tried to find a pic on the internet, but am at work and when you type anything in google with the words "shirtless" you are bound to get in trouble.

:ph34r: Though Kiper has added nipple placement to his scouting reports, so you may be on to something. Apparently nipple placement affects the velocity that you can put on a football.

They said they have talked with people who have been watching him throw and he is almost 100% and is totally pain free. Also the best Orothopod in the Biz is not only the one who fixed Bradfords shoulder, but Drew Brees' shoulder as well :ph34r:

ANNNNNNNHHHHH on the strong arm. Matter of fact his arm has been discussed as being weak to at best "solid"? Definitely NOT strong! Keep the campaign going though :unsure:

He is a sissified girly man!!!!! LOL

Have they watched him get hit by anyone yet? Or fall down and stuff?

Apparently, you don't read your own posts. :ph34r:

And it's funny but you like to kill Edwards. Yet, Edwards has a stronger arm and is a tougher QB than Bradford. The homer in you in taking over. Bradford is another system sooner Qb who is going to struggle with injuries his whole career. He couldn't even stay healthy playing behind blue chippers in college. He's going to be a huge bust.

He does not have a stronger arm and is not tougher than bradford. Seriously do you follow college football at all?

And for the record, Adrian Peterson was more oft injured in College than Bradford. How has Peterson stood up to the pounding in the pros?

But hey typical Bills fans, pass on a guy that could be a great one so they can settle on the **** currently on the roster hoping that some fantasy coaching staff can polish a turd.

He does not have a stronger arm and is not tougher than bradford. Seriously do you follow college football at all?

Bradford doesn't have a strong arm. Sorry to break it to you. And Bradford would have die behind the line Edwards palyed behind at Stanford. He can't even stay healthy behind a line loaded with NFL players.

Bradford doesn't have a strong arm. Sorry to break it to you. And Bradford would have die behind the line Edwards palyed behind at Stanford. He can't even stay healthy behind a line loaded with NFL players.

You really don't follow college ball do you? The NFL line you talk about graduated last year, he had scrubs (including a TE starting at RT for the first game of the season aka the one where he got hurt) this year.

The guy has a strong enough arm to make it in the NFL just fine.

but I am through arguing the point with you, you have proven you know nothing about the guy at all so anything you spew is pure speculation at best.

You really don't follow college ball do you? The NFL line you talk about graduated last year, he had scrubs (including a TE starting at RT for the first game of the season aka the one where he got hurt) this year.

The guy has a strong enough arm to make it in the NFL just fine.

but I am through arguing the point with you, you have proven you know nothing about the guy at all so anything you spew is pure speculation at best.

Dude, you're a homer. I'm a homer about the Bills too. I have zero against Bradford. In fact, everything I've seen about him seems very likeable. It's nothing personal. But he doesn't have a strong arm, plays in a QB friendly offense, and plays with blue chippers.

Of course, you probably thought Jason White and Josh Heupel were studs too. :ph34r:

Sounds good man. You and I seem to be pushing for Bradford pretty hard. Unfortunately, I just don't see us getting him b/c I think he won't get past Washington..heck, he may go #1 overall depending on his performance at the combine. :unsure:

for everyone on here who insists that Bradford doesn't have a strong arm really must not have watched him play much at all. While he may not have a cannon of an arm like Cutler (few do)...it's by no means WEAK...it's def. above average and he can make any/every throw needed on the field.

if you haven't seen him play much, just go watch footage on youtube or another site.

for everyone on here who insists that Bradford doesn't have a strong arm really must not have watched him play much at all. While he may not have a cannon of an arm like Cutler (few do)...it's by no means WEAK...it's def. above average and he can make any/every throw needed on the field.

if you haven't seen him play much, just go watch footage on youtube or another site.

Why when someone mentions that a QB, ANY QB, doesn't have a strong arm the defenders always say...well it's not as strong as Cutler, Farve, etc? Those guys have ELITE arm strength! We are talking regular old strong. Bradford is not regular old strong. He is probably college arm strong maybe but not NFL arm strong.

I have watched some Youtube of him. I haven't had any luck finding them but show me clips of him throwing low altitude bombs (non-skyscraper rainbow) over 35yds in the air or fitting the ball into a tight window on a rope 15 yards down field. That is BASE level NFL strong arm. The guys in the NFL that have ELITE arm strength can throw 50+ yards in the air and throw balls into tight windows 20+ yards down the field.

I think a lot of the guys that watch college football really don't get what NFL arm strength is all about. These are the same guys that say guys like Trent Edwards have a strong arm. College strong ...ok....NFL strong....not even close. They are just another in a long line of middle of the pack arm strength guys.

Why when someone mentions that a QB, ANY QB, doesn't have a strong arm the defenders always say...well it's not as strong as Cutler, Farve, etc? Those guys have ELITE arm strength! We are talking regular old strong. Bradford is not regular old strong. He is probably college arm strong maybe but not NFL arm strong.

I have watched some Youtube of him. I haven't had any luck finding them but show me clips of him throwing low altitude bombs (non-skyscraper rainbow) over 35yds in the air or fitting the ball into a tight window on a rope 15 yards down field. That is BASE level NFL strong arm. The guys in the NFL that have ELITE arm strength can throw 50+ yards in the air and throw balls into tight windows 20+ yards down the field.

I think a lot of the guys that watch college football really don't get what NFL arm strength is all about. These are the same guys that say guys like Trent Edwards have a strong arm. College strong ...ok....NFL strong....not even close. They are just another in a long line of middle of the pack arm strength guys.

Well for those of us that have seen every game he has played, we have seen the throws you mention and he makes them easy.

Bottom line there are those that know nothing about the kid, and those that just hate on him because they don't know any better / try to get a rise out of those of us that know the kid is going to be good.

I watched some highlights of him and i liked what i saw. Durability is an issue especially for a QB. He tall and somewhat thin. He will need to bullk up some at the pro level. It will probably take a year for him to do that in the pros. Hopefully he won't get killed by then.

His shoulder injury is a concern especially at his age. He may never have an issue with it again or he could be Chad Pennington.

If he is there at 9 and the Bills take him i will look forward to seeing him play.

I stand by my original statement. Bradford is the 2nd coming of Chris Chandler...AKA Chrystal Chandelier. Oft injured... you may get one or two good seasons out of him... and if you do, he probably breaks his throwing pinky two plays into his first playoff game.

This draft will be known as one of the weakest QB drafts in history.

OT, WR, TE and RB have depth. Weak OG/OC and QB year.

That's not a reason to forget about LT in the first round, or take a QB in the first round. It may be a reason to take the cream of the crop at LT this year, and pick your QBOTF next year.

Well for those of us that have seen every game he has played, we have seen the throws you mention and he makes them easy.

Bottom line there are those that know nothing about the kid, and those that just hate on him because they don't know any better / try to get a rise out of those of us that know the kid is going to be good.

That's your problem right there. I watched a lot of OU games and he doesn't scream good NFL QB to me. Of course when some dares say that about Bradford, you accuse them of not watching games or hating on him. I have no reason to hate on him. i jsut don't think he's that good. Obviously, you can't stand an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

If he makes those kinds of throws wouldn't it follow that there would be plenty of footage displaying that arm strength?!?!??!

Come on man you have a chubby for this guy and it is clouding your objectivity. I really don't have anything against this guy I just HAVE NOT heard, or seen anything for that matter, about a "strong arm". Clausen has a strong arm, Bradford has an ok arm that is held together by paper clips and bandaids.

If our line wasn't complete crap I would probably agree with you that QB is the #1 priority in the draft. Since our line is crap and our LT situation is compete **** because we tried to catch lightning in a bottle twice, but failed miserably, our biggest priority in the draft is LT imho. Once we can keep a QB upright we can get the franchise guy without giving him shell shock due to poor protection and lack of holes in the running game.

That being said I DEFINITELY think we need a FA QB in here and there are SEVERAL to choose from who with a better line and a competent LT would be FAR AND AWAY better than what we had the last 2.5 years.

The NFL line you talk about graduated last year, he had scrubs (including a TE starting at RT for the first game of the season aka the one where he got hurt) this year... but I am through arguing the point with you, you have proven you know nothing about the guy at all so anything you spew is pure speculation at best.

Sounds like you are saying Oklahoma's OL was much better than the Bills the last 2 years and, well, Bradford didn't stay in one piece for very long this past season. :ph34r: