Would You?

WVUFootball29

NO WAY. I'm not looking to trade Lynch at all. Ya, he had an off year, and yes, Jackson is superb for us...however, this is becoming more of a two-back league, and Jackson isn't getting any younger. Does anyone here really want us going into the season with Jackson carrying the entire load? Lynch is in his prime, and his cap hit actually isn't that much going forward..I expect a bounce back year from him..

Trading Lynch for a DB is a disaster, imo. Also, lets not forget that McKelvin is coming back for us and we still have McGee...McGee/McKelvin are our starting corners..and I'm fine with that.

There's a reason why they are looking to move Cromartie. He has all the talent in the world but he goes half assed. In the Jets' playoff game, he had a kill shot on Shon Greene and completely kitty cated out it. Greene went like 50 yards for a huge td. Additionally, the guy has like 5 kids with 4 different women. Avoid him at all costs.

Ok, just stating that I'm not advocating this trade by any means. Just throwing info out there and looking for a conversation.

For the fun of it I'll play the devils advocate here though and say: McGee hasn't played a whole season since 2004 and is constantly nicked up. McKelvin is good, but still needs to improve in coverage...getting him out of zone should help a lot. Florence was probably our best CB last year, but is a free agent after this season. Cromartie on the other hand has played every game for the past 4 seasons with 15 INTs to his credit.

Lynch is an above average RB in the NFL when you look at his production, but nothing overly impressive and has had his share of off the field issues in his short career.

RBs can be found just about anywhere in the draft or even in FAs whereas CBs are a bit harder to come by.

Now would I make this trade? Possibly at draft time dependent upon who is available vs who we have. Right now this is not a trade to make

Ok, just stating that I'm not advocating this trade by any means. Just throwing info out there and looking for a conversation.

For the fun of it I'll play the devils advocate here though and say: McGee hasn't played a whole season since 2004 and is constantly nicked up. McKelvin is good, but still needs to improve in coverage...getting him out of zone should help a lot. Florence was probably our best CB last year, but is a free agent after this season. Cromartie on the other hand has played every game for the past 4 seasons with 15 INTs to his credit.

Lynch is an above average RB in the NFL when you look at his production, but nothing overly impressive and has had his share of off the field issues in his short career.

RBs can be found just about anywhere in the draft or even in FAs whereas CBs are a bit harder to come by.

Now would I make this trade? Possibly at draft time dependent upon who is available vs who we have. Right now this is not a trade to make

Other teams complain that corners are hard to come by. And do you know why that is? It's because they're all here!! All of them!! Jauron took every last one, leaving the rest of the league bare. If cornerbacks are the other teams' Christmas presents, you can call Jauron the Grinch!

If Jauron was still here, he'd see Cromartie as one of the very few Christmas presents that had somehow managed to elude his Grinch-like grasp. He'd snatch that CB away from the Chargers in a heartbeat! However, given that Jauron is gone, and that his replacements probably don't believe that the statement "you can never have too many corners" is true in its literal sense, I don't think this trade will happen.

I think folks seem to be reacting virtually across the board to the initial post that yes Cromartie at CB would likely be an upgrade (on the field), but this is a solution looking for a problem when we have lots of other problems on units a lot weaker than our CBs,

The problems ou describe are predicated on several other negatives which may not even happen

1. Yes, McGee is likely to be hurt and miss some PT but this simply happens a lot in the NFL It is more cost-effective (even ignoring for the moment Cromartie sounds like an idiot with a Cadillac body and a Yugo brain) to buy a good back-up for McGee than to buy a new #1 for the strongest unit on this team,

2. No I think you are wrong if you assume McKelvin will not to develop in a better player. I think there is no question he is young and improved from his rookie year to his second year and actually as far as player development goes, CBs are players who actually can profit alot from downtime as they get to sit and watch the plays develop and analyze how a receiver works to break down an opposing corner. It is a good sign that one of the coaches Gailey brought back was the DBs coach since if he was a good trainer he used McKelvin's injury as a good chance to force him to think about doing good coverage rather than simply react as his great athletic skills have allowed him to do in the past,

Further, my big problem with McKelvin's play was not his pass coverage (not only did he do well in the glitzy overemphasized INT category prior to his injury but more importantly the team was racking up good pass coverage results holding down opponents prior to his injury) but his brain as he fumbled a punt return s smarter athlete simply would have fair caught. Sitting should improve his game simply from him maturing. Its still too early to declare a 2nd year player a bust and on the contrary there is every reason to hope that McKelvin's play improves at least marginally and if his coach was good enough to be re-hired then it more likely will improve a lot than him become a bust.

3. If Florence played like the best CB on the team last year because he knew his last big contract depended on it, then just wait to see what he does as a contract motivated player in his FA year. If he turns out to be so great a player we would hate to lose him then by all means pay him a huge contract around games 7-9 and extend him.

Signing Cromartie is a solution which may be a good one but it is searching for a problem that may well not occur but if it does it seems more easily and cheaply solved by other solutions than young good player (who happens to also be a mental midget).

Even worse, the solution suggested now creates a whole new problem for us as we now have to find another RB. Sure you can find them lots of places but this still involves acquiring the right FA or late round draft oick. Trading for Cromartie seems really problematic,

Other teams complain that corners are hard to come by. And do you know why that is? It's because they're all here!! All of them!! Jauron took every last one, leaving the rest of the league bare. If cornerbacks are the other teams' Christmas presents, you can call Jauron the Grinch!

If Jauron was still here, he'd see Cromartie as one of the very few Christmas presents that had somehow managed to elude his Grinch-like grasp. He'd snatch that CB away from the Chargers in a heartbeat! However, given that Jauron is gone, and that his replacements probably don't believe that the statement "you can never have too many corners" is true in its literal sense, I don't think this trade will happen.

I LOL'd!!!!

Nicely done! :lol:

According to Mort via twitter the Chargers are looking for a RB using Antonio Cromartie as bait. My question here is would you make the trade Lynch for Cromartie straight up, why or why not?

Is that the guy that can't read or write?

According to Mort via twitter the Chargers are looking for a RB using Antonio Cromartie as bait. My question here is would you make the trade Lynch for Cromartie straight up, why or why not?

Trade Lynch for Draft Pick we do not need or want Cromartie, another head case, Lets GET fresh meat, at RB

Is that the guy that can't read or write?

I thought the same thing when I read this Frez. I don't know if there is any truth to this at this juncture or not Frez, but I heard an outside the lines report that was broke from a woman who used to work at FSU who tutored players. And according to her there were multiple players who were not able to read or write at even an elementary level. I heard a report later that named Cromartie as one of the worst of the bunch.

I'd hope not.

I have a bad feeling Lynch is on his way out the door ( and it will be yet another example of how the Bills fans and the Bills FO lack patience with one of their better players).

But, I can't imagine why they would acquire a DB. It is by far our most stacked position. And it is much better to have duel threat running backs then 3 or 4 starting caliber CBs.