Would You?

WVUFootball29

Anyone that thinks that DB is not a position of need is actually kidding themselves. We are not that strong at CB. Of course we have safties out the wazoo but we are very thin at CB, especially after this year. Youboty will not be resigned, Florence in his last year, McGee is ALWAYS injured (and shouldnt have been resigned IMO), and McKelvin...as much as we love him, he is unknown at this point. He may come back and look like absolute crap. He has been out for a full season. Thats a long time for a young player to be out and still progress.

Ill put $1000.00 on it right now that McGee misses at least 4 games this year and will be banged up for at least another 3-4. :wub::unsure::ph34r::sick::angry::doh::(

Anyone that thinks that DB is not a position of need is actually kidding themselves. We are not that strong at CB. Of course we have safties out the wazoo but we are very thin at CB, especially after this year. Youboty will not be resigned, Florence in his last year, McGee is ALWAYS injured (and shouldnt have been resigned IMO), and McKelvin...as much as we love him, he is unknown at this point. He may come back and look like absolute crap. He has been out for a full season. Thats a long time for a young player to be out and still progress.

Ill put $1000.00 on it right now that McGee misses at least 4 games this year and will be banged up for at least another 3-4. :wub::unsure::ph34r::sick::angry::doh::(

McKelvin may be unproven b/c he's young, but the games he played for us he was solid...and he is a 1st round pick..McKelvin is going to start, no doubt about it as the #2 corner.

We have plenty with McGee (who hopefully will stop with the special teams), McKelvin, Florence, and Corner (who was quite solid as well).

According to Mort via twitter the Chargers are looking for a RB using Antonio Cromartie as bait. My question here is would you make the trade Lynch for Cromartie straight up, why or why not?

would try and set up a 3 team trade between Bill, SD and another team interested in Cromartie...

Ill put $1000.00 on it right now that McGee misses at least 4 games this year and will be banged up for at least another 3-4. :wallbash::censored::rolleyes::sick::angry::doh::(

Yeah that top 5 rating in virtually every defensive passer category was a mirage...especially since we had 2 or 3 members of the secondary injured at a time...

Amazing that people go to such lengths to bash the Bills, they won't even credit how good an area of the team is...it wasn't just good...it was outstanding last year...

According to Mort via twitter the Chargers are looking for a RB using Antonio Cromartie as bait. My question here is would you make the trade Lynch for Cromartie straight up, why or why not?

The one place our team has depth is at DB.

But if Cromartie could be signed to a long term deal at reasonable wages, I'd do the deal. Lynch for Cromartie, straight up.

Ill put $1000.00 on it right now that McGee misses at least 4 games this year and will be banged up for at least another 3-4. :wallbash::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:doh::(

Totally agree with you. CB are not as easy to find as RB. Good coverage improves the pressure on the QB as well. Wouldn't say Crom is a lock down CB by any means, but it's good to have depth there.

Cromartie has been a disappointment, but few CB's have his kind of upside or game changing ability. I can't imagine anyone trading him for a simiarly troubled RB with limited upside. Lynch will never be a special RB, he's lucky if he can outrun half the LB's in this league, let alone break long runs. Because he can't inflate his average with a few big runs, he's basically a sub 4.0 ypc back. If you subscribe to the idea that success in the NFL is about having matchup advantages, this trade would make no sense from the Chargers standpoint.

Cromartie has been a disappointment, but few CB's have his kind of upside or game changing ability. I can't imagine anyone trading him for a simiarly troubled RB with limited upside. Lynch will never be a special RB, he's lucky if he can outrun half the LB's in this league, let alone break long runs. Because he can't inflate his average with a few big runs, he's basically a sub 4.0 ypc back. If you subscribe to the idea that success in the NFL is about having matchup advantages, this trade would make no sense from the Chargers standpoint.

I think getting Cromartie for Lynch would be better than not getting anything fro Benchmode. I would rather trade him for a solid lineman or a LB.

McKelvin may be unproven b/c he's young, but the games he played for us he was solid...

I disagree. I'm not even going to mention his special teams' snafu but the snaps he played at cornerback were very mediocre, IMO. He seemed like he had regressed this year before getting injured. I have high hopes for McKelvin but I do not consider him a solid cornerback at this point.

As for Cromartie, no way. The guy is another Travis Henry. Besides being functionally illiterate, he's another lost soul. The 24 year-old Cromartie has 7 different kids in 5 states and has faced 5 paternity suits in the last year. He's apparently behind in some of his child support payments as well.

Nothing against the guy but I really have no wish for the Bills to be adding people like Antonio Cromartie to our football team.

I tried to explain that point the other night about Lynch being an average back. Too many people believe this tandem of Lynch and Jackson is something special, but we had 13 games last year to prove otherwise. Jackson has run for 4.5 ypc behind the same line that Lynch can barely squeak out 4.

The one argument I keep seeing against Jackson is that he is already 28 and will be 29 next year, which for a RB is old. However, you might be forgetting that Jackson has only been in the league since he was 26 so he hasn't taken the pounding on his body like other running backs who have been in the league since they were 22ish. His body is fresher than most of his counterparts of the same age. We may not get a lot of time out of Fred, but right now he still is the best RB on the roster