Bills...would have to upgrade their stadium as well in the near future

and how will they pay for it?

like someone said, get McNabb, increase thruway tools from Syracuse to Buffalo?

is there really stimulus money for NFL stadiums?

all in all, really interesting idea.

there is money for state and local governments. put the stadium there with public assistance and i bet we find a consortium of investors from both sides of the border with interest in buying the team

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
If we don't take the money someone else will. So we might as well grab some. Getting stimulus money for a new stadium is not a bad idea at all. It should be a dome and should be closer to Toronto. Right in Niagara Falls is not a bad place for it. In fact I could see actually getting a Super Bowl if the stadium were in the Falls right at the border. You'd have the hotels and entertainment attractions right there.

Instead of Canadian fans driving over, they could park in Canada and walk across the Rainbow Bridge. That would make border crossing that much easier. You could even build a covered heated walkway so it's more comfortable.

PTR

Exactly, keep the Canadians all nice and cozy so they spend more money. :unsure:

Upgrade my ass - the Bills need a new stadium - possibly in Lancaster, to continue drawing fans from Canada and Rochester. RWS is a dump and a huge pain in the ass to get to if you live north or east of Buffalo.

Yeah it is past time to quit putting money in that old dump. Build a new one and be done with it

The Linc as it is called in Philly is a nice stadium. The Ralph doesn't hold a candle to it. The closest comparison I can make to the Ralph is The Meadowlands, we all know how that stadium will end up.

What? Are you talking about locker rooms only? Old Giants stadium in tiny, steep & crampped. It's nothing like RWS- not even the luxury paved parking lots that make you feel guilty about when starting a bon fire.

No way dude.

I love the Rich Ralph (stadium). Old Giants stadium sucked ballz.

Playing football in a dome in Buffalo almost makes playing football in Buffalo pointless.

Some of my best memories of Bills games are in the worst weather imaginable. That weather used to be our strength, our life blood and was a MASSIVE competitive advantage.

Ask the Raiders...................... 51-3 bitches! I was there and it was COOOOOOLD!

Before we make plans to build a new stadium, lets see what happens after Ralph dies.

A poster mentioned the stadium is a dump. A fan goes there 9 times a year for 3 hours. How much to you want to spend on that? Take a ride in the city. Virtually the whole thing is a dump. Upgrade that first

Playing football in a dome in Buffalo almost makes playing football in Buffalo pointless.

Some of my best memories of Bills games are in the worst weather imaginable. That weather used to be our strength, our life blood and was a MASSIVE competitive advantage.

Ask the Raiders...................... 51-3 bitches! I was there and it was COOOOOOLD!

has it not snowed the last 10 years? guess i missed something LOL

The Buffalo weather hasn't been a home-field advantage in years. I like being outside too but most people don't. And a domed venue attracts a Super Bowl, which brings in an influx of cash. Financially speaking, a domed venue is best.

Guest dog14787

The Dome could have a retractable roof we could open or close.

A Superbowl would bring in big $$$ and a Dome near the falls would help promote more Tourism to Niagara Falls and the surrounding area.

has it not snowed the last 10 years? guess i missed something LOL

Yeah. 51-3 was the last Bills team that could actually play in snow. Now we have a bunch of California pussies and free agents don't want to play in the cold. Half the NFL plays in domes now. Since the idea is to catch Buffalo up to the rest of the NFL, maybe we should act like it's not 1990 anymore.

PTR

Agree 100%. My first game when I arrived in this country was Buffalo vs. Kansas city and the snow was falling hard. Best memory I have of any games.

Go Bills and go Orange

As a facility, it's nowhere near Lincoln Financial Field - I'd rank that one the best football stadium I've been to (I was sitting in clubs during a preseason game, so I was going more for the facility than the game itself). I'd say RWS is on par with Arrowhead or Lambeau.

Lambeau underwent a $300 million renovation not long ago and by all accounts, it's quite nice. No resemblence to the Ralph can be imagined. Arrowhead is scheduled for a $300 mil reonvation.

The Ralph is probably more like the soon to be leveled Giants Stadium.

There is no "stimulus money" for sport stadiums.

As for Jones--he did put up over $600 million of his own money for that stadium. The local municipality put up about $350 mil, far less than the public put up for Indy's Lucas field, for one.

Niagara Falls location good idea, but a DOME???

I understand it would increase chance of hosting SB, but NO SNOW ??

maybe if it had retractable roof, closed for the SB & other events, but wide open for all Bills games.

No Domes. And no Super Bowl is going to be in Buffalo, NY in the winter time until the WNY region

gets better economically. Downtown area needs to be returned to life because that's where most

folks would need to be, not in the outer suburbs.

What hotels are the thousands of media and people coming to the game going to stay in? Folks complained

about Detroit and Minneapolis and Jacksonville SB's. People see the SB as a vacation. I don't know if B-lo

is equipped for that many people rolling through at one time.

Yeah. 51-3 was the last Bills team that could actually play in snow. Now we have a bunch of California pussies and free agents don't want to play in the cold. Half the NFL plays in domes now. Since the idea is to catch Buffalo up to the rest of the NFL, maybe we should act like it's not 1990 anymore.

PTR

Cleveland built an outdoor facility; Baltimore; Pittsburgh; Cincinnati; Chicago; New England; the Jets/Giants. No need for a dome to "catch up with the rest of the NFL". Buffalo should be itself. Players play where they get paid and can have success. If they go to Green Bay they will come to Buffalo. No dome needed sir. Money and results are needed. Has nothing to do with the cold.

No Domes. And no Super Bowl is going to be in Buffalo, NY in the winter time until the WNY region

gets better economically. Downtown area needs to be returned to life because that's where most

folks would need to be, not in the outer suburbs.

What hotels are the thousands of media and people coming to the game going to stay in? Folks complained

about Detroit and Minneapolis and Jacksonville SB's. People see the SB as a vacation. I don't know if B-lo

is equipped for that many people rolling through at one time.

I could see a Niagara Falls Super Bowl. imagine the blimp shots!

If the NFL can afford to pay outrageous salaries to its players. Outrageous guarantees to unproven draftees, they can afford to build their own stadiums. I wouldn't want any of my tax money going to build a stadium.

I'd rather not take any Obama money...our grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying for it in the end.

No no no.. your grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying back Bush's mistakes and illegal wars. Your grandchildren's grandchildren's grand kids will be paying back anything else.

Guest dog14787
Cleveland built an outdoor facility; Baltimore; Pittsburgh; Cincinnati; Chicago; New England; the Jets/Giants. No need for a dome to "catch up with the rest of the NFL". Buffalo should be itself. Players play where they get paid and can have success. If they go to Green Bay they will come to Buffalo. No dome needed sir. Money and results are needed. Has nothing to do with the cold.

In my opinion better playing conditions greatly reduces injuries and given a choice players and coaches would probably prefer playing and practicing in a controlled environment.

Does playing in 20 mile an hour winds help a QB's accuracy or playing on a slippery surface help you make cuts better?

Do you want weather conditions dictating the outcome of a game or the Coaches and athletes?