Bills...would have to upgrade their stadium as well in the near future

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodell is from Jamestown. If anyone will make sure that the Bills stay in Buffalo, it's him. Hate on him all you want for some of his policies, but he's one of the more important figures to look to when it comes to keeping the Bills here.

On that note, how does our Stadium compare to others around the league? Obviously, the Ralph won't hold a candle to Lucas Oil stadium, or that behemoth in Arlington, but what about compared to others like Lincoln Financial in Philadelphia, and Arrowhead stadium?

As a facility, it's nowhere near Lincoln Financial Field - I'd rank that one the best football stadium I've been to (I was sitting in clubs during a preseason game, so I was going more for the facility than the game itself). I'd say RWS is on par with Arrowhead or Lambeau.

Goodell is from Jamestown. If anyone will make sure that the Bills stay in Buffalo, it's him. Hate on him all you want for some of his policies, but he's one of the more important figures to look to when it comes to keeping the Bills here.

On that note, how does our Stadium compare to others around the league? Obviously, the Ralph won't hold a candle to Lucas Oil stadium, or that behemoth in Arlington, but what about compared to others like Lincoln Financial in Philadelphia, and Arrowhead stadium?

The Linc as it is called in Philly is a nice stadium. The Ralph doesn't hold a candle to it. The closest comparison I can make to the Ralph is The Meadowlands, we all know how that stadium will end up.

DOMED STADIUM, DOWNTOWN NIAGARA FALLS. "NIAGARA FRONTIER BILLS"

BUILT WITH STIMULUS MONEY. GIVE OBAMA THE JOBS HE WANTS.

It's all there for the taking if we'd just freaking ask.

I'd rather not take any Obama money...our grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying for it in the end.

Lambeau is very simple but also very awesome in it's design. Most of the luxury boxes are way up high while the fans sit down in the "bowl". It have a very college feel to it.

Did you know that the Packers don't even have a cheerleading squad? Local school and college cheerleaders take turns at Packer home games!

Guest dog14787

+1

I'd rather not take any Obama money...our grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying for it in the end.

IF WE DON'T SOMEONE ELSE WILL. I'D RATHER HAVE OUR GRANDCHILDREN'S GRANDCHILDREN BE THE BENEFICIARY

If we don't take the money someone else will. So we might as well grab some. Getting stimulus money for a new stadium is not a bad idea at all. It should be a dome and should be closer to Toronto. Right in Niagara Falls is not a bad place for it. In fact I could see actually getting a Super Bowl if the stadium were in the Falls right at the border. You'd have the hotels and entertainment attractions right there.

Instead of Canadian fans driving over, they could park in Canada and walk across the Rainbow Bridge. That would make border crossing that much easier. You could even build a covered heated walkway so it's more comfortable.

PTR

Lambeau is very simple but also very awesome in it's design. Most of the luxury boxes are way up high while the fans sit down in the "bowl". It have a very college feel to it.

The issue with Lambeau is that it's all aluminum benches... BRRR!

If we don't take the money someone else will. So we might as well grab some. Getting stimulus money for a new stadium is not a bad idea at all. It should be a dome and should be closer to Toronto. Right in Niagara Falls is not a bad place for it. In fact I could see actually getting a Super Bowl if the stadium were in the Falls right at the border. You'd have the hotels and entertainment attractions right there.

Instead of Canadian fans driving over, they could park in Canada and walk across the Rainbow Bridge. That would make border crossing that much easier. You could even build a covered heated walkway so it's more comfortable.

PTR

awesome idea. what a magical place to host a super bowl

Niagara Falls location good idea, but a DOME???

I understand it would increase chance of hosting SB, but NO SNOW ??

maybe if it had retractable roof, closed for the SB & other events, but wide open for all Bills games.

I would say that Goodell and the owners need to upgrade their business model before a serious conversation can be had about upgrading RWS. For the past several years, the NFL has been structured around growing the league through the use of public money for most (not all: see New England, Giants/Jets) stadium upgrades or construction.

I think that any city or county is going to have a hard time coughing up much beyond infrastructure improvements (adjustments to roadways for parking lot entrances; sewer and water connects) moving forward. The other piece of NFL income, tv contracts, is also going to be interesting if there is a lockout. The payout from Direct TV and the networks is guaranteed even if there is no season. How do negotiations for the next round of tv contracts go, if the NFL asks DirectTV for a cool billion for the rights to exactly nothing?

Jones, Kraft and the like have been very good at positioning their franchises for the next NFL, the post Rozelle/Tagliabue, post-parity NFL. They have worked to grow the distance between the small and big market teams through non-shared revenues and whittled away at the system of profit sharing. Jones in particular has benefited from a lot of public dollars for his new stadium, and he has leveraged that public support to grow significantly Cowboys revenues that aren't shared. The problem is that the current economic environment means that their version of the NFL is going to have a very short life.

kj

Niagara Falls location good idea, but a DOME???

I understand it would increase chance of hosting SB, but NO SNOW ??

maybe if it had retractable roof, closed for the SB & other events, but wide open for all Bills games.

A retractable dome adds a lot to the cost. Also the myth of the Bills being snow warriors is long gone. And quite frankly I'm too old to be freezin' my ass off. Trust me people would rather sit in a dome. The players would rather play in a dome. Having a dome would even make signing free agents easier.

PTR

PTR

:unsure:

You are bang on the money with that post PTR.

The Bills can still be the Buffalo Bills but move them closer to the Ontario/New York border. Niagara Falls Canada is a tourist haven and like you said, tons of hotels. If it was a domed stadium, the NFL would put the Super Bowl there and it would be a huge hit! It almost makes too much sense.