mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say do what it takes to get him here. many of you say you are not willing to give up a 2nd rounder for McNabb? Lets take a stroll down memory lane with first rounders:

Would you trade ___________ for Donovan Mcnabb right now?

2009- Aaron Maybin: YES

2009- Eric Wood: Yes

2008- Leodis: Yes

2007- Marshawn: Yes

2006- Donte: Yes

2005: none

2004: JP- YES

2004: Evans: Yes

Obviously you have a chance of getting a very good player in the 1st round, but odds are strongly in favor that he wont be as good as Donovan. AND you can get good players in every round. Its all a crapshoot. I would give almost whatever it takes to put him in a Bills uni for 2010 to 2013 or 2014. Get a guy in the 3rd or wait til next year and get a GOOD QB like Mallett or Locker, and let him sit for 2 years. IF Philly wanted only a 2nd rounder for him, it would be like striking gold! McNabb is a proven winner, an above average QB, and has at bare minimum 3 years left at a high level. To say no to a 2nd rounder is plain foolish, and would have to wonder if your last name was Guy or Modrak.

This team has not had a QB since Jim Kelly. To pass up McNabb would show the city of Buffalo Ralph has no interest in winning right now. I, on the other hand, want to have a winning team in B-Lo ASAP. Giving up a 2nd rounder or even a 1st would not set this franchise back much, if at all.

GO BILLS!

I completely agree man. Only one thing though, I would qualify your "whatever it takes"...if they wanted our 1st round pick for McNabb, I don't think I'd pull the trigger dude. Swapping first rounders yes. A second and maybe another pick this season or next season, yes. I'd pretty much give up anything other than our first rounder straight up. :unsure:

What's your rationale other than Super Bowl appearances? Because when you look at their productivity, it's not that different. And McNabb's got some years left in him. Btw, I certainly do think that Warner deserves to go to the HOF.

True, very different types of QB's who have played with very different systems. Warner at his best is a more accurate QB. But he has also look much worse some years than McNabb ever has been. McNabb is a more consistent player year after year I think. Warner uses his receivers very well, while McNabb uses TE and Backs allot more, and has not been very consistent at using his receivers. However an argument can be made that the Eagles haven't exactly been strong at receiver other than the one year TO was there.

I like McNabb, but would rather see them go get someone younger to develop. They are switching defenses, and in process of building the line, so don't think in a position to win now. If defense was set, then I would prefer a Veteran who is ready to win now, but unless they have a very strong off-season at both draft and free agency, don't see them in playoffs this year no matter who the QB is. With that in mind, If they are going to trade for someone, would rather see a Troy Smith or Kolb type.

mcnabb has less than three years of useful life left by pretty much anyone's opinion. I like him, and thought he was a great quarterback in his day...but would not use a high draft choice for him. In fact I'd give up more for Vick (who has a lot more tread on the tire) than McNabb, but in any event getting either one of them should be secondary to shoring up the offensive line and developing the defense. If they come to us through a trade involving Lynch or Whitner and a low draft choice, fine. If not...let's look elsewhere, go with free agency or play with the qb's we have.

Do you think Peyton Manning has less than 3 years of useful life? (He's older than McNabb by 8 months)

Do you think Tom Brady has less than 3 years of useful life? (He's younger than McNabb by 9 months)

Mike Vick is 30 in June. Mike Vick has had about half of the success as an NFL QB than McNabb, and hasn't played a full game of football since the end of 2007!!!That's 3 full seasons!!! And you would give up more for him than Donovan McNabb?! SERIOUSLY??!! Not only is McNabb head and shoulders above Vick as a QB and football player...He's head and shoulders above him as a HUMAN BEING!!!!

I doubt either one gets traded to the Bills regardless, but what you wrote (even as an opinion) is completely asinine and makes no sense in any line of thinking. You would give up MORE for Vick over McNabb...hey...thank God you don't work for the Bills!!!! (Or do you????!!!!) :nana:

Offer a 2nd, if they squawk, throw in Lynch. If they still squawk throw a # 1 their way and our QB problem is solved for the next 3 years. Get a young kid next year, or in a couple of years sign or trade for another vet. Makes more sense to me. Get a QB that has sucked and learned on someone else's dime and loss column. Do the names Brad Johnson or Rich Gannon or Kurt Warner or Kerry Collins ring a bell? They had no "upside" or weren't "young", but their teams won or at least got to the Super Bowl. Donovan has something like 212 TDs and 100 picks for his career. That's outrageous.

With McNabb and an improved offensive line, a D that isn't worse than 2009, and we're playing meaningful games late in December. Only to be even better in 2011. What's not to like?

how will a year off affect a brittle aging qb?

Who cares he is not our long term solution. but I don't believe it affects him much he already knows how to play. Just look at how injuries early in a career affect a developing player as apposed to a vet.

I love mcnabb, but he sucks. He constantly throws the ball at his recievers feet. I watch a lot of Philly games, they're my second fav team and he's not what we need. I'll take my chances w/a young stud, mcnabb will only get a ring as a backup qb IMO.

Ours constantly throw the ball at the defensive backs hands.

True, very different types of QB's who have played with very different systems. Warner at his best is a more accurate QB. But he has also look much worse some years than McNabb ever has been. McNabb is a more consistent player year after year I think. Warner uses his receivers very well, while McNabb uses TE and Backs allot more, and has not been very consistent at using his receivers. However an argument can be made that the Eagles haven't exactly been strong at receiver other than the one year TO was there.

I like McNabb, but would rather see them go get someone younger to develop. They are switching defenses, and in process of building the line, so don't think in a position to win now. If defense was set, then I would prefer a Veteran who is ready to win now, but unless they have a very strong off-season at both draft and free agency, don't see them in playoffs this year no matter who the QB is. With that in mind, If they are going to trade for someone, would rather see a Troy Smith or Kolb type.

If there has ever been an NFL team in the position of "win now," it is the 2010 Buffalo Bills. They haven't made the postseason since 1999. That's completely unacceptable, and "rebuilding" is not a valid excuse anymore.

If there has ever been an NFL team in the position of "win now," it is the 2010 Buffalo Bills. They haven't made the postseason since 1999. That's completely unacceptable, and "rebuilding" is not a valid excuse anymore.

I wish more Bills fans carried this opinion/perspective. This will be the third rebuild in 10 seasons and second in five.

With the switch to the 3-4, the Bills have (once again) more needs than resources available to fill those needs. QB, LT, NT, perhaps RT, Rush LB, 5 tech DE, and 2nd WR are all positions of need. The options on the roster are either unproven, or will be switched to a new position. If we learned anything from last season, it's that lots of changes at once isn't a solution to problems.

And with FA being short on talent and Buffalo's affinity for finding low cost low reward players here, it's going to be awhile before they are competing for a playoff team.