Bills 3-4 Be Aggressive & Attacking

Mr. ChumChums

"We will play aggressive, attacking defense," Edwards said. "That's what we'll be looking to do. Right now, as we go through the evaluation phase, that's what we're look at it. We're looking for tough, physical, smart football players."

Looks good :)

Quite the opposite of what we're used to seeing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good: We have the secondary (with Whitner on the bench) to handle it.

The Bad: We do NOT have the DL to handle it. I am not worried about LB at this time at all. We need a NT (and a backup NT) to start with. Move Stroud to LDE then pick up a 3-4 RDE in FA or the Draft

Ice, do you think Kyle Williams could add about 15 lbs and spell a say.......Casey Hamton until we can draft a NT of the future? I don't think it's too far off. I mean, back in da day Jeff Wright at NT?!?!?! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't think Williams would be too bad of a second wave option.........

Ice, do you think Kyle Williams could add about 15 lbs and spell a say.......Casey Hamton until we can draft a NT of the future?

I think that quite possibly will be the case. There's also Lonnie Harvey on the roster, at 342 lbs, but an unknown.

Well, I gotta say at least the Bills are trying to move in the right direction. Solid coaching hires and are devoting extra resources(2 ST coaches, 2 Strength coaches) to make sure they receive good coaching. My only concern would be them receiving 2 different messages from the different coaches

Best news to have heard coming out of the 3-4 announcement yet. No defense is more boring and less inspiring to watch than a bend but dont break 3-4. You can get away in a 3-4 with smaller linemen. Infact Dallas/Baltimore both run a 3-4 around lighter dlinemen. I expect to see a lot of variations that almost make it look like a 4-3 to compensate for the lack of true 3-4 talent.

Agressive and attacking is what we've been asking for and it looks like we will get our wish. Hopefully we can get the 2 key pieces that I believe we need to make this thing work. First, a NT and second a RDE. I think Stroud is the answer at LDE and will play the position well. I'm holding out hope that we can reel in Seymour in FA along with a suitable NT. Then let the blitzing begin!!! :)

Ice, do you think Kyle Williams could add about 15 lbs and spell a say.......Casey Hamton until we can draft a NT of the future? I don't think it's too far off. I mean, back in da day Jeff Wright at NT?!?!?! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't think Williams would be too bad of a second wave option.........

Kyle Williams is the little engine that could but I don't know if he can do that. I would like the guy at say RDE but not as the guy in the middle. We need 2 NTs. A starter and a backup catch your breath guy. One needs to come from the draft and one in FA. Casey Hampton as a free agent and a guy to groom from the draft. Or, Cam Thomas or Mt Cody to start and a veteran journeyman to spell him.

Trying to move Kyle Williams to back up NT would be a bad move. I think he is just flat out TOO small compared to the other behemoths around the NFL. I also think that he deserves a shot to start and play RDE. Didn't he make the probowl as an alternate or injury sub or something?

Stroud and Williams were penetrating tampa 2 DTs. I don't think it is much of a stretch to use them in that capacity from the 4 - 3 DE position. Check the signature.