Doug Whaley

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mental toughness of the FO increased by an order of magnitude.

Nix is tough, Gailey's tough. Whaley's tough. (George) Edwards is tough. Gamble is tough.

All no-nonsense kind of guys that know what a pro football player looks like, how to pick them and groom them for success.

There won't be anymore DWIs ("Doesn't Want It") in the locker room. They won't be tolerated.

Big changes already at OBD. The FO turnover is tremendously positive.

Even Chuck Lester got the boot. To do that -they must have confiscated his nekkid pictures of Ralph and the horse when he was out of the office over the holidays.

Nix is tough, Gailey's tough. Whaley's tough. (George) Edwards is tough. Gamble is tough.

All no-nonsense kind of guys that know what a pro football player looks like, how to pick them and groom them for success.

There won't be anymore DWIs ("Doesn't Want It") in the locker room. They won't be tolerated.

Even Chuck Lester got the boot. To do that -they must have confiscated his nekkid pictures of Ralph and the horse when he was out of the office over the holidays.

Awesome post!

I totally agree. I dont think many posters realize what is transpiring at OBD. They key now is to keep Ralphs hands out of the cookie jar. For the first time in a long long time I like what I see. Last years draft was pretty darn good...I know the jury is out on Maybin, however I will remain optimistic that he produces this year. I am extremely excited to see what the FO does in the begininning of free agency which will really clue us in a little more on the draft. Go Bills.

I totally agree. I dont think many posters realize what is transpiring at OBD. They key now is to keep Ralphs hands out of the cookie jar. For the first time in a long long time I like what I see. Last years draft was pretty darn good...I know the jury is out on Maybin, however I will remain optimistic that he produces this year. I am extremely excited to see what the FO does in the begininning of free agency which will really clue us in a little more on the draft. Go Bills.

i think it's fair to assume that the true measure of the toughness of this front office will be how they deal with ralph's meddling. perhaps the intersection of toughness in the front office and ralph maybe finally figuring he needs to let things go will equal results.

i think it's fair to assume that the true measure of the toughness of this front office will be how they deal with ralph's meddling. perhaps the intersection of toughness in the front office and ralph maybe finally figuring he needs to let things go will equal results.

Man I sure hope so. A 91 year old owner has no business in the draft room or evaluating talent. He shouldnt even be writing the checks anymore, thats brandon and overdorfs job. Those 2 just need to make sure Ralphs kids trust funds are healthy!

I'll agree with Thirty Year Fan: Great post.

...and a great thread.

Additionally, I am very much looking forward to stories along the lines of, "I woke last night to the sound of thunder only to realize that it was just Nix, Gailey and Whaley arguing the next football move to make the Bills tougher."

or

"Chuck Norris bows to no men...but bows to Nix, Gailey and Whaley because it's just what you do out of respect when you're in the same club."

:worthy:

I'm excited about the restructuring, as well.

Losing John Guy and getting Nix were high on my list. Now add in the Whaley thing, the coaching staff finally has a QB coach, a revamped strength program, and bringing DeHaven back really makes me feel good.

I think DeHaven got a raw deal after 'Home-Run Throwback'.

I am still not too high on Modrak, but most of his work is already done, and losing him before this years draft would not serve any purpose. Besides, with Nix now working the lines, I feel that the bust decisions that have marked Modrak's tenure will suddenly come to an abrupt halt.

I'll agree with Thirty Year Fan: Great post.

...and a great thread.

Additionally, I am very much looking forward to stories along the lines of, "I woke last night to the sound of thunder only to realize that it was just Nix, Gailey and Whaley arguing the next football move to make the Bills tougher."

or

"Chuck Norris bows to no men...but bows to Nix, Gailey and Whaley because it's just what you do out of respect when you're in the same club."

:worthy:

Thanks and excellent post!

Man I sure hope so. A 91 year old owner has no business in the draft room or evaluating talent. He shouldnt even be writing the checks anymore, thats brandon and overdorfs job. Those 2 just need to make sure Ralphs kids trust funds are healthy!

Best thing to do would be no one tells Ralph the draft starts Thursday this year, this way he'll only influence rounds 4 and higher! :worthy:

I know we have been down this PATH many times, BUT I do see a difference in how the FO is being run... We have 2 top Talent Evaluators in place for the draft in Nix and Modrak (Yes Modrak) and Now Waley, and Now what appears to be Good Coaching Staff and a NEW approach to Strength and Conditioning.. I am Very Hopeful, now be ready to bring in Middle Level Free Agents to fill gaps and Linemen in Draft to Build Team, Next Year we get final pieces, GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

i'd have no problem with a 91 year old calling the shots, but 50 years of mostly poor decision-making is enough of a track record. and true about the trust funds.

Well said. I also think it is awesome that all of the new hires are from winning organizations - Nix (technically not new but new enough) from SD, Whaley from Pitt, Edwards from Miami & Florida (briefly but still), and Modkins from Arizona. I liek winners.

RW meddling is so overblown. It's his team. most owners will want some input in their teams. TD had complete control for 5 years and completely destroyed us. The last few years, RW hired guys close to him but I really don't think he had much to interfere with.

If we're winning, RW will be fine.

Agreed. Who said you can't teach an old dog. I think he has learned a lesson. Looks to me that there has been a sea change. Just my opinion, but I suspect Brandon is a real power broker who has facilitated a lot of this.