Buffalo's odds to win the Super Bowl next season

100-1

Anyone have any will at all to throw maybe a 50 on it and try to turn it into 5k in case miracles do exist next year? :worthy:

I thought I heard a story where someone put down $1K on the Tampa Bay Rays getting to the World Series in 2008...with odds of something like 150-1. That's a lot of money (unless you're a rich gambler), so I'd never do it.

But I can easily see betting $50 on an NFL team with those odds. Things can turn for an NFL franchise pretty quickly.

I thought I heard a story where someone put down $1K on the Tampa Bay Rays getting to the World Series in 2008...with odds of something like 150-1. That's a lot of money (unless you're a rich gambler), so I'd never do it.

But I can easily see betting $50 on an NFL team with those odds. Things can turn for an NFL franchise pretty quickly.

Dreamers all. Bills probably 0-6 in the division next year for starters. Pats, Phins and Jets will all be far better than the billies next year. to go to the super bowl, you have to get past your own division. it will be years b4 that happens. this is a rebuilding team in every sense of the word. by the time they are really good again, ralph will be gone and so will the team in all likelihood. sucks to be a bills fan.

100-1

Anyone have any will at all to throw maybe a 50 on it and try to turn it into 5k in case miracles do exist next year? :worthy:

If I am going to just give 50 bucks away it will be to a good charity, not a betting firm. 100-1 is kinda generous isn't it? I guess they need to reel in a few suckers to ensure they have a good profit.

Odds on longshot teams are usually overly generous in Vegas. The reason is that Vegas odds are typically predicated on demand. The more people bet on something, the more generous the line. The funny thing is, people usually over-bet on longshot teams in the hope that they can turn a little, into a lot, thereby artificially making the odds even more generous. I wouldn't be surprised if the bills actually have a true 500-1 odds on making the super bowl, with the inflated Vegas odds making it 100-1. In the end, if you look at historical, statistical numbers, your actual return on longshot odds is actually much lower than the risk would dictate.

Dreamers all. Bills probably 0-6 in the division next year for starters. Pats, Phins and Jets will all be far better than the billies next year. to go to the super bowl, you have to get past your own division. it will be years b4 that happens. this is a rebuilding team in every sense of the word. by the time they are really good again, ralph will be gone and so will the team in all likelihood. sucks to be a bills fan.

At least your somewhat positive... :worthy:

I know a guy who bet the Rays in preseason to win the Series that year. It's not a bad bet if you really see a young team that no one is paying attention to but has real potential; don't see the Bills in that category though.

Don't be a Bills fan then. You know no one cares if you switch teams right?

And I'll put $10 on it. Of course if that happens, I will die of a heart attack and poop my pants, so the money will be worthless.

Don't be a Bills fan then. You know no one cares if you switch teams right?

And I'll put $10 on it. Of course if that happens, I will die of a heart attack and poop my pants, so the money will be worthless.

Im so tired of all of this negativity. Apparently the people who aer just having fun being a Bills fan are idiotic and being sucked into quicksand and cant see what is really happening.

I believe we are going 19-0, but i say this every year. Then every year after we lose i say next year 19-0!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Haven't sniffed even the playoffs in 10 years. No discernible QB at this point. Rookie GM, and a HC who hasn't been a NFL HC for 10 years. And when he was (for 2 seasons) his record was a smidge over .500. Only 100-1? You would have to be insane to take that bet. 1000-1 and it might be worth a lark if you had money you could afford to lose.

Haven't sniffed even the playoffs in 10 years. No discernible QB at this point. Rookie GM, and a HC who hasn't been a NFL HC for 10 years. And when he was (for 2 seasons) his record was a smidge over .500. Only 100-1? You would have to be insane to take that bet. 1000-1 and it might be worth a lark if you had money you could afford to lose.

Yet, the Jets and Ravens made it to the chmpionship game in back to back years with a rookie head coach and QB.

Yet, the Jets and Ravens made it to the chmpionship game in back to back years with a rookie head coach and QB.

A rookie HC that shows potential is a better bet than someone with a proven mediocre track record IMO.

Are you implying that we will have a QB equal to the ones you refer to this coming season? Possible, but it is also possible that I will hit the lottery this week .... but I wouldn't bet on it :)

This bet is for winning the superbowl, not going to the dance.

At 100-1 it's a fools bet in my opinion. At 1000-1 or better I can see putting $100 down. Yeah either way at the end of the season it's almost certainly $100 gone. But at least the $100K potential return on investment is a worthwhile prize.