Toyota and More Problems: 部3

ExiledInIllinois

Boy when it rains it pours... But fear not! Toyota said they are sorry and deeply apologizes!

Toyota Corolla Recall: Bad Steering

Hit the gas... Keep going! Hit the brakes... Can't stop! Steer right off the cliff!

Ahhh... Everyday people! Quite the trifecta.

I translated the post into Japanese for all you apologists:

それを雨が降るとき男の子は注ぐ… しかし恐れない! トヨタはそれらが残念、深くapolgizesことを言った! 当りなさいガスに… たくわえの行くこと! 当りなさいブレーキに… 停止できない! 崖を離れた雄牛の権利! Ahhh… 平凡な人々! かなりtrifecta.

Notice they don't have a word for APOLOGIZES!

;)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy when it rains it pours... But fear not! Toyota said they are sorry and deeply apologizes!

Hit the gas... Keep going! Hit the brakes... Can't stop! Steer right off the cliff!

それを雨が降るとき男の子は注ぐ… しかし恐れない! トヨタはそれらが残念、深くapolgizesことを言った! 当りなさいガスに… たくわえの行くこと! 当りなさいブレーキに… 停止できない! 崖を離れた雄牛の権利! Ahhh… 平凡な人々! かなりtrifecta.

;)

Maybe they would have had a word for it if you had spelled it correctly. :cry:

"Mommy...the car doesnt work right!!!! Its not...its not.....PERFECT!!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!"

Im not going to minimize the TRUE safety recalls going on...but if you think this recent rash of news stories and teeth gnashing about recalls isnt the result of a silly mix of consumer ignorance and media hyped hysteria put out to sell a few papers and web banner clicks, youre !@#$ing blind.

And if you think humankind can design a mechanical item, produce millions of them, and its going to be 100% free of defects, youre !@#$ing retarded.

"Mommy...the car doesnt work right!!!! Its not...its not.....PERFECT!!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!"

Im not going to minimize the TRUE safety recalls going on...but if you think this recent rash of news stories and teeth gnashing about recalls isnt the result of a silly mix of consumer ignorance and media hyped hysteria put out to sell a few papers and web banner clicks, youre !@#$ing blind.

And if you think humankind can design a mechanical item, produce millions of them, and its going to be 100% free of defects, youre !@#$ing retarded.

So it is a big conspriacy in your eyes? :D;)

I am glad gas pedals, brakes, and now steering has not been perfected in the last 100 years!

:cry:

Wow... You are the poster-child for the Toyota apolOgist.

Wow... You are the poster-child for the Toyota apolOgist.

Not in the least. He points to the complexity of today's builds, and the fact that US politcians use even the smallest of vehicle problems to make hay. The French and the Italians left the US market years ago, for valid reasons.

Not in the least. He points to the complexity of today's builds, and the fact that US politcians use even the smallest of vehicle problems to make hay. The French and the Italians left the US market years ago, for valid reasons.

Maybe so. Yet, these rash of recalls is poetic justice for Toyota who always swept things under the rug and over exploited what Rk was conveying.

Yes, Toyota has a target squarely on their back and I don't feel a tad sorry for them. Couldn't have happened to a nicer company. There is a bit of karma here.

This is similar to the bashing that every top dog entity gets from those that feel is "keeping them down".

Whities

Catholics

Energy companies

Banks

Financial Companies

Men

Whoever has the money, power, values must be broken down into submission so that they feel belittled and beholden to the squeeky wheels, depressed people.

This is similar to the bashing that every top dog entity gets from those that feel is "keeping them down".

Whities

Catholics

Energy companies

Banks

Financial Companies

Men

Whoever has the money, power, values must be broken down into submission so that they feel belittled and beholden to the squeeky wheels, depressed people.

Welcome to America!

The land where we build you up on a pedestal, only so we can knock you down and hurt you with the fall!

Where is the outrage over the following recent recalls:

Harley Touring bikes

Daimler School buses

Volvo XC60's, S80, S60, and a couple others

Kawasaki Ninja bikes

2010 Range Rover

Suburu Impreza's

BMW bikes

BMW - Mini Coopers

Ford 2010 F-650 and F-750 trucks.

GM Cadillac DTS

VW Q5

GM Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain

GM Corvette 2005-2007 models

Hyandai 2006 through 2009 Azera

Jaguar 2010 models

Mitsubishi 2008-2009 Lancer and Lancer

2007 through 2008 Jeep Wrangler

Dodge Nitro

That's just a few. BTW, the difference is, those are federally forced recalls after the manufacturer wouldn't admit to the problems forcing the government to get involved.

At least Toyota is doing the recall before being forced to.

Ein...I dont have a Toyota, I drive an Acura(Honda).

Told you that already.

So stop calling me an "apologist."

I never owned one in my life either. You do make excuses though. Ya, some are valid... But if Toyota doesn't want to play by the US warranty polices... Leave, stop making and seeling cars in the US.

I understand what you are saying.... Yet, they can leave like Cincy said about the French and Italian makers. They don't have to sell here. Americans won't stop driving and some other company will pick up the slack.

On a simliar note... Some of what you said about these issues remind me about the camera I bought years ago... An Olympus... I wanted to get an underwater housing for my specific digital camera... They didn't sell it here in the state because of strick warranty policies... Somebody floods a camera because of a grain of sand on the o-ring and Olympus may be liable... Ya... It sucks... But too bad... I bought the piece through a dealer in Europe... Switzerland in matter a fact... Of course no warranty.

Where's the post about Ford's recall on the Hybrid Fusion's brakes that needs a new software update?

Hey... I am specifically trageting Toyota... It sucks... But it sucks more being the top-dog. Kinda like people do to MicroSoft.

:beer:

Anyway was Ford historically a company like Toyota... Burying their problems as bad as Toyota... Actually, no company was a shrewd... So ya, it sucks being picked on. Karma is a B word.

Whities

Catholics

Energy companies

Banks

Financial Companies

Men

Microsoft.

?

Where is the outrage over the following recent recalls:

Harley Touring bikes

Daimler School buses

Volvo XC60's, S80, S60, and a couple others

Kawasaki Ninja bikes

2010 Range Rover

Suburu Impreza's

BMW bikes

BMW - Mini Coopers

Ford 2010 F-650 and F-750 trucks.

GM Cadillac DTS

VW Q5

GM Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain

GM Corvette 2005-2007 models

Hyandai 2006 through 2009 Azera

Jaguar 2010 models

Mitsubishi 2008-2009 Lancer and Lancer

2007 through 2008 Jeep Wrangler

Dodge Nitro

That's just a few. BTW, the difference is, those are federally forced recalls after the manufacturer wouldn't admit to the problems forcing the government to get involved.

At least Toyota is doing the recall before being forced to.

Are you sure those are all federally forced recalls?

Just for giggles, I checked out a couple of them. Like most recalls, the ones I checked were voluntary.

In fact, there was no ODI regarding the defects.

With no active investigation ever taking place, how does the feds or NHTSA "force" the companies to comply?

:beer:

:D This article is a joke. Clearly the drivers of these vehicles were drunk. <_<

"Gentle turns of the wheel can result in exaggerated motions," wrote one unidentified consumer in the section that allows consumers to post complaints.

Another wrote: "I bought my 2010 Corolla on Jan. 13. When I drove it home for the first time, I found it was very hard to keep it in the center of the lane at highway speeds."

:D

Where's the post about Ford's recall on the Hybrid Fusion's brakes that needs a new software update?

Honda has a small recall for airbags also. Small recalls are coming out of the woodworks now because the car companies know they can hide in the shadow of Toyota's big f-up. The theory is that the news media won't spend much time covering the smaller recalls. Reality is they've known about these problems for a while. They are just strategically picking right now to announce them.

I am glad gas pedals, brakes, and now steering has not been perfected in the last 100 years!

With computerized systems and such, cars are getting a good bit more complex than they used to be.

Are you sure those are all federally forced recalls?

Just for giggles, I checked out a couple of them. Like most recalls, the ones I checked were voluntary.

In fact, there was no ODI regarding the defects.

With no active investigation ever taking place, how does the feds or NHTSA "force" the companies to comply?

Actually I got all those from ODI.