Bills hire 2 more coaches

bills_red

Gotta love this:

A world renowned powerlifter, Gamble was the No. 1-ranked powerlifter in the world in the 275-pound class from 1981 to 1983. His personal records for total pounds in three lifts while competing in the United States Powerlifting Federation was 2,270 pounds, and he has personal bests of full squat, 892 lbs.; bench press, 573 lbs.; and dead lift, 826.5 lbs. in those three lifts. Gamble was inducted into the U.S. Weightlifting Hall of Fame in York, Pa., in June of 1999.

How much that helps his football credentials remains to be seen but it's still very cool. :wallbash:

Gotta love this:

A world renowned powerlifter, Gamble was the No. 1-ranked powerlifter in the world in the 275-pound class from 1981 to 1983. His personal records for total pounds in three lifts while competing in the United States Powerlifting Federation was 2,270 pounds, and he has personal bests of full squat, 892 lbs.; bench press, 573 lbs.; and dead lift, 826.5 lbs. in those three lifts. Gamble was inducted into the U.S. Weightlifting Hall of Fame in York, Pa., in June of 1999.

How much that helps his football credentials remains to be seen but it's still very cool. :wallbash:

IMO it makes being pushed a little easier, knowing the guy pushing you went through it all himself.

IMO it makes being pushed a little easier, knowing the guy pushing you went through it all himself.

I agree. The guys who have the credentials to say they're not asking anyone to do anything they wouldn't do are taken more seriously, IMO. It also has to be a real "cool" factor for the players.

Gotta love this:

Ya that jumped out at me as well.

Just my two cents, but I know John Gamble, his lovely wife Sharron, and their three wonderful boys. Our kids grew up together here in Weston Florida and we've had many great times together with other friends, not the least of which is Jeff Dellenbach. John and Jeff started a conditioning course at the YMCA here in Weston that drew folks and athletes from all around the area and, although I'm no expert in conditioning, the level of athletes that religiously came out for the program was always impressive.

From a character and human standpoint I can definately say that we couldn't have a better man as a member of our staff and a coach for our players. So everybody knows, John started with Shula and survived all the coaching changes that have transpired since (inclidung Jimma and Parcells), so he has to have something going for him as a coach. Everytime another Bill would fall in the past few years and everybody would complain about our strength and conditioning coaches I would wish we could get John.

I just told the kids and they are excited as hell. Not because they know John personally but they know what he can do as each has been to his conditioning program. This is a good pick up from so many different angles and it's not another has been, washedup looking for a pay check, only guy left, type of coach; this guy is quality!!!

Go Bills!!!!!! :wallbash::lol::unsure::blink:

i would think that anyone that competes and is as successful at that level as he has been, and in that type of environment, i would bet he is probably be very adept at human physiology and at a more personal level than a book or schooling level...course i could be wrong.....

Gotta love this:

Just my two cents, but I know John Gamble, his lovely wife Sharron, and their three wonderful boys. Our kids grew up together here in Weston Florida and we've had many great times together with other friends, not the least of which is Jeff Dellenbach. John and Jeff started a conditioning course at the YMCA here in Weston that drew folks and athletes from all around the area and, although I'm no expert in conditioning, the level of athletes that religiously came out for the program was always impressive.

From a character and human standpoint I can definately say that we couldn't have a better man as a member of our staff and a coach for our players. So everybody knows, John started with Shula and survived all the coaching changes that have transpired since (inclidung Jimma and Parcells), so he has to have something going for him as a coach. Everytime another Bill would fall in the past few years and everybody would complain about our strength and conditioning coaches I would wish we could get John.

I just told the kids and they are excited as hell. Not because they know John personally but they know what he can do as each has been to his conditioning program. This is a good pick up from so many different angles and it's not another has been, washedup looking for a pay check, only guy left, type of coach; this guy is quality!!!

Thanks! Can you find out why he left Miami?

Great story, this probably is super exciting for you and your family! The best thing you can do know is try and help him understand how hungry we are as a fanbase and he would forever be a hero to the city of Buffalo if him and this staff can win us a Super Bowl.