Julius Peppers

Virgil

Sorry I can't post the link, i'm at work, but there is currently an article about him on ESPN.

Within it, he says he was offered a contract to become the highest paid defensive player in the league, but after his 2.5 sack season. He said he didn't feel he deserved it and that the offer was insincere.

Now, he's saying the Panther's silence about him this offseason, which is less than 2 days old, is disturbing him so much he doesn't want to re-sign with the team anymore.

Am I missing something? At first, I thought the idea of him not wanting a huge contract cause he didn't earn it was awesome, but then why not just take less money? He even goes on to address people who think he doesn't give his all, which sounded kinda like whining to me.

I don't know. I know we want a pass rusher, especially in the 3-4, but I can't really imagine breaking the bank for this guy, can you.

Please feel free to let me know if i'm reading this thing out of context.

The only players I feel that we have an inside track on going into free agency are Chris Chambers (due to his numerous connections to Gailey and Evans) and Richard Seymour (hates Oakland, hates New England, best buds with Stroud, went to college with him and coached by Sanders).

I wouldn't mind either of these guys, even though they'd both be a stop-gap player for a few years. Seymour is 30 and Chambers is 31, so they're both also approaching the downside of their careers (if they haven't gotten there already).

I don't know if Seymour would fit into the 3-4, but he'd certainly have enough motivation to play against Belichick twice a year.

I wouldn't mind either of these guys, even though they'd both be a stop-gap player for a few years. Seymour is 30 and Chambers is 31, so they're both also approaching the downside of their careers (if they haven't gotten there already).

I don't know if Seymour would fit into the 3-4, but he'd certainly have enough motivation to play against Belichick twice a year.

Don't take this the wrong way but, you do realize that Seymour played at a Pro Bowl level in the 3-4 right? He's a perfect fit in the 3-4.

Sorry I can't post the link, i'm at work, but there is currently an article about him on ESPN.

Within it, he says he was offered a contract to become the highest paid defensive player in the league, but after his 2.5 sack season. He said he didn't feel he deserved it and that the offer was insincere.

Now, he's saying the Panther's silence about him this offseason, which is less than 2 days old, is disturbing him so much he doesn't want to re-sign with the team anymore.

Am I missing something? At first, I thought the idea of him not wanting a huge contract cause he didn't earn it was awesome, but then why not just take less money? He even goes on to address people who think he doesn't give his all, which sounded kinda like whining to me.

I don't know. I know we want a pass rusher, especially in the 3-4, but I can't really imagine breaking the bank for this guy, can you.

Sounds like a player looking to cash in on an uncapped year, look for him to sign a one year deal...

hes pretty much prototype for the 3-4 end actually, but versatile enough to play 4-3 as well. exactly the type of player you need if you are planning on mixing them up.

Peppers has been wildly inconsistent. I'm not impressed. He looks like he may have already peaked. He'll cost to much and will revert to sloth mode once he has a big contract in hand.

He Takes too many plays off for me, He plays when he wants to.

Peppers has for a long time taken plays off and the problem is he takes more off than he plays. I just dont think he is worth the money he wants

No. Not no, hell no. He is lazy as hell and will only play worth a damn in a contract year or when the hell he feels like it. The second someone makes him the highest paid DL in the NFL the guy won't be worth a damn.

he's gonna cost way too much.

I'd take him. But he's probably going to demand too much.

Think about how well Washington made out giving Fat Albert Haynesworth a huge FA contract last year. Let some other team over pay for a guy who just wants his money.

I dont get it. Too Expensive? There is NO CAP. We can spend whatever we want. Id give Peppers 20 Mil a season if I had the cash to piss away.

Secondly, its funny how one person on ESPN says he takes plays off and then the whole world just jumps on board. Statistically he shows up in every game more than Schobel ever has. Its basically every season too. Not sure where the take plays off thing came from.

I dont get it. Too Expensive? There is NO CAP. We can spend whatever we want. Id give Peppers 20 Mil a season if I had the cash to piss away.

Secondly, its funny how one person on ESPN says he takes plays off and then the whole world just jumps on board. Statistically he shows up in every game more than Schobel ever has. Its basically every season too. Not sure where the take plays off thing came from.

Julius Peppers- 120 games started - 81 sacks and 309 tackles

Aaron Schobel- 128 games started - 78 sacks and 333 tackles

Not much different if you ask me.