Trade Evans (for Brandon Marshall) and trade Schobel

Schobel says he wants to play closer to home, plus he has the 2nd highest salary on the team and is getting older. He did have a rebound season, but can he keep it up and how will the transition to the 3-4 affect his game? I'd say try and make a trade with Houston or Dallas, that way he can be close to home. Since we're transitioning to a new defense and basically are rebuilding this team, I'd rather go with a younger, faster guy that will be around longer than Schobel. (Just my opinion)

Evans has not been able to put up consistent numbers since he's been here. One week, he'll have over 100 yards receiving, then followed by 2, 3 or 4 games where he's lucky to put up 40 to 50 yards. You don't pay a guy $9+ million a year to be a #2 receiver. Granted, we haven't had solid play at QB, but Evans is a short, speedy WR, once the speed is gone, they're not that useful (look at Peerless Price). Plus, in bad weather/snowy games, the snow takes away the speed, so you should go with a big physical WR. I'd like to see the Bills trade Evans for Brandon Marshall, Marshall is not happy in Denver and would be a upgrade over Evans. As a matter of fact, they should trade or cut loose Parrish as well. We have James Hardy & Stevie Johnson on the team, and we haven't been able to get a good look at those guys, so if the Bills decided to turn the page on Reed & Parrish, I would have no problem with that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH! :w00t:

Evans has not had a decent Qb since Bledsoe. He made one of the greates catches still and no one gives him credit for it against the Jets, where he literally stole an interception from i believe it was Revis on a badly underthrown ball by Losman, then ran it for a TD.

He has not had a chance to amke plays with are atrocious QB play

When Evans gets a QB, we will see how talented he is.

Schobel says he wants to play closer to home, plus he has the 2nd highest salary on the team and is getting older. He did have a rebound season, but can he keep it up and how will the transition to the 3-4 affect his game? I'd say try and make a trade with Houston or Dallas, that way he can be close to home. Since we're transitioning to a new defense and basically are rebuilding this team, I'd rather go with a younger, faster guy that will be around longer than Schobel. (Just my opinion)

Evans has not been able to put up consistent numbers since he's been here. One week, he'll have over 100 yards receiving, then followed by 2, 3 or 4 games where he's lucky to put up 40 to 50 yards. You don't pay a guy $9+ million a year to be a #2 receiver. Granted, we haven't had solid play at QB, but Evans is a short, speedy WR, once the speed is gone, they're not that useful (look at Peerless Price). Plus, in bad weather/snowy games, the snow takes away the speed, so you should go with a big physical WR. I'd like to see the Bills trade Evans for Brandon Marshall, Marshall is not happy in Denver and would be a upgrade over Evans. As a matter of fact, they should trade or cut loose Parrish as well. We have James Hardy & Stevie Johnson on the team, and we haven't been able to get a good look at those guys, so if the Bills decided to turn the page on Reed & Parrish, I would have no problem with that.

evans stays

Schobel might not fit so get what you can

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like you missed your school bus this morning

Here's Evans stats

2009: 44 Rec, 612 yds, 7 TDs

2008: 63 Rec, 1017 yds, 3 TDs

2007: 55 Rec, 849 yds, 5 TDs

2006: 82 Rec, 1292 yds, 8 TDs

2005: 48 Rec, 743 yds, 7 TDs

2004: 48 Rec, 843 yds, 9 TDs

I'm sorry, but you don't pay someone $9+ million a year for 44 Receptions and 612 yards. I would much rather have Brandon Marshall anyday over Lee Evans. IMO, the only coach who knew how to properly use Evans was Mularkey. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. I'm not saying Evans is a bad player, but he's definitely not worth the money he's getting. I'd rather see the Bills go with a bigger, more physical WR in Marshall than Evans. Yes, our QB's have sucked, but Orton is no better and look at the numbers Marshall had with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like you missed your school bus this morning

I bet you think we should keep the current Tampa 2 defense as well?

We need to keep Evans but I could see us trading Schobel to Houston. His old DL coach is there. New England got a first rounder for Richard Seymour, who is around 30 yrs old. Maybe we could fetch a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure he fits real well with a 3-4.

what i really like about this idea is that we are making more holes in team that has too many other important positional needs

Given the OP's scenario, how are we making more holes? We would be trading Evans for Marshall, hole filled, and trading or releasing Schoebel. Trade we get a pick or a player to fill that void, release and it frees up money to sign somebody. I fail to understand how that creates holes.

Evans and Schoebel are both decent players. IMO they can be replaced though. Schoebel is on the downside of his career and besides Evan's one good year, hasn't done much. As much as a QB can make a receiver I think that goes the other way around also.

Also something to consider, why was JP the only one to develop that "chemistry" with LE? Maybe I am overlooking something here, but TE never really clicked good with him or Owens, went to his RB's a lot. Fitzy appeared to gel well with TO. Just kinda makes me wonder. I know you guys are going to say that TE was a check down machine and all, but he had the same offense as Fitz, but still chose to go to his RB. There are a lot of reasons that could be said for TE's timidness of going down field, but if you have that connection with your receivers, then your going to take the chance, something TE never did. Neither did Fitz with LE. Just my thoughts.

Dallas and Houston both run a 3-4 so he will have to transition regardless

Here's Evans stats

I'm sorry, but you don't pay someone $9+ million a year for 44 Receptions and 612 yards. I would much rather have Brandon Marshall anyday over Lee Evans. IMO, the only coach who knew how to properly use Evans was Mularkey. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. I'm not saying Evans is a bad player, but he's definitely not worth the money he's getting. I'd rather see the Bills go with a bigger, more physical WR in Marshall than Evans. Yes, our QB's have sucked, but Orton is no better and look at the numbers Marshall had with him.

actually Orton is better, I agree with the rest of your statement but Orton is much better than what weve had... and thats not saying much

Here's Evans stats

Based on your analysis, exactly why would another team want this $9 million dollar aging receiver? Many teams struggle to stay within the salary cap and this wouldn't help them.

Based on your analysis, exactly why would another team want this $9 million dollar aging receiver? Many teams struggle to stay within the salary cap and this wouldn't help them.

If we can trade Marshall for Evans, you wouldn't do it? Obviously, Marshall is not happy and Evans is regarded as a top WR in the league.

what i really like about this idea is that we are making more holes in team that has too many other important positional needs

What he said...I would be okay with trading Schobel is 1) he gives an ultimatum of trade me or I retire, or 2) you can get a high draft pick for him, other than those two scenarios I say keep him, who knows how well he will adapt to the 3-4 but he said it himself that he would be better suited for the 3-4 over the 4-3

Trading Evans??? WHY? If TO and Reed leaves, do you really want our #1-2 receivers to be Parrish opposite Jenkins/Hardy/Johnson :w00t:

Here's Evans stats

So, then why would anyone want to trade for someone with a $9+ million a year contact and average numbers?

What he said...I would be okay with trading Schobel is 1) he gives an ultimatum of trade me or I retire, or 2) you can get a high draft pick for him, other than those two scenarios I say keep him, who knows how well he will adapt to the 3-4 but he said it himself that he would be better suited for the 3-4 over the 4-3

Trading Evans??? WHY? If TO and Reed leaves, do you really want our #1-2 receivers to be Parrish opposite Jenkins/Hardy/Johnson :w00t:

Wow, I guess people can't read? I said trade EVANS for MARSHALL

How is trading Evans for Marshall leaving any holes?

Here are the stats for Evans and Marshall:

Evans stats

Marshall's stats:

2009: 101 Rec, 1120 yds, 10 TDs

2008: 104 Rec, 1265 yds, 6 TDs

2007: 102 Rec, 1325 yds, 7 TDs

2006: 20 Rec, 309 yds, 2 TDs

It's clear that Marshall can produce consistently. Even with the Broncos going from Cutler to Orton, Marshall's numbers didn't drop off much. I'd much rather have Marshall than Evans.