Trade Evans (for Brandon Marshall) and trade Schobel

I'd rather have a guy, who for the past 3 years has had over 100 receptions and over 1000 yards receiving. I like Lee Evans, he makes some really awesome plays, but they're too few and far between. Yes, everyone can point the finger at the QB situation and the O-line, but great receivers can get the job done regardless and Marshall has shown that this past year with Orton. IMO, Evans is a #2 receiver.

and a great O-line Orton can through the ball down field

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schobel says he wants to play closer to home, plus he has the 2nd highest salary on the team and is getting older. He did have a rebound season, but can he keep it up and how will the transition to the 3-4 affect his game? I'd say try and make a trade with Houston or Dallas, that way he can be close to home. Since we're transitioning to a new defense and basically are rebuilding this team, I'd rather go with a younger, faster guy that will be around longer than Schobel. (Just my opinion)

Evans has not been able to put up consistent numbers since he's been here. One week, he'll have over 100 yards receiving, then followed by 2, 3 or 4 games where he's lucky to put up 40 to 50 yards. You don't pay a guy $9+ million a year to be a #2 receiver. Granted, we haven't had solid play at QB, but Evans is a short, speedy WR, once the speed is gone, they're not that useful (look at Peerless Price). Plus, in bad weather/snowy games, the snow takes away the speed, so you should go with a big physical WR. I'd like to see the Bills trade Evans for Brandon Marshall, Marshall is not happy in Denver and would be a upgrade over Evans. As a matter of fact, they should trade or cut loose Parrish as well. We have James Hardy & Stevie Johnson on the team, and we haven't been able to get a good look at those guys, so if the Bills decided to turn the page on Reed & Parrish, I would have no problem with that.

I didn't read your whole post because I started to fall asleep!! Too darn long to begin with!! Yikes...anyways, Lee Evans is responsible at all for the ineptitude play of the offensive line and quarterbacks over the past several season so I think it would be foolish now that we may take those positons more seriously. Isn't Brandon Marshall prone to get in trouble with his team and criminal mischief as well??? Why would we want another thug on the team??? Don't understand the reasoning here when Lee Evans is low key and a good team player!! Get rid of Marshawn Lynch who some people actually think has star potential...get what you can for him...he's a thug!!!!!!! He brings a team down too!! Maybe Denver would want Lynch seeing that they took the RB druggie guy we had...Travis Henry!!! Oh well what a dumb post to read partially..and I will have to skip yours in the near future until you make more sense! :wallbash:

I for one agree with you. I really like Evans. Ive met the guy a few times. Hes a great guy to be around and hes good for this football team. But you dont pay a guy all the money you are paying him to put up his numbers. He is a severe dissapointment. IMO, he is a #2 WR at best. The Bills, and the Fans love him too much to see it, but hes really not that good. Your point on his weekly breakdown is 100% accurate. I dont care who his QB's have been. He had TO on the other side of him this year and he was still shut down. He is easily defendable IMO. He can run fast, beat the defender deep and thats it. He is not powerful enough to succeed as a #1. A true #1 makes the defense change the way they play, and will still put up big plays. You dont see guys like Brandon Marshall complaining about his stats because he had Orton thowing him the Ball. Dominant WR's can do it with anyone throwing them the ball. Calvin Johnson before Stafford is a perfect example of that. We made a bad choice resigning Evans to that huge deal.

"14.4 vertical YPA for Evans versus 10.9 YPA for Owens). That isn’t an anomaly for Evans; he has been one of the best long ball pass catchers in the N.F.L. for a few years now"

KC Joyner NY Times

TO took alot of those balls from Evans and dropped them.

and also he was open and didn't get the ball thrown his way.

I didn't read your whole post because I started to fall asleep!! Too darn long to begin with!! Yikes...anyways, Lee Evans is responsible at all for the ineptitude play of the offensive line and quarterbacks over the past several season so I think it would be foolish now that we may take those positons more seriously. Isn't Brandon Marshall prone to get in trouble with his team and criminal mischief as well??? Why would we want another thug on the team??? Don't understand the reasoning here when Lee Evans is low key and a good team player!! Get rid of Marshawn Lynch who some people actually think has star potential...get what you can for him...he's a thug!!!!!!! He brings a team down too!! Maybe Denver would want Lynch seeing that they took the RB druggie guy we had...Travis Henry!!! Oh well what a dumb post to read partially..and I will have to skip yours in the near future until you make more sense! :wallbash:

isn't responsible at all....(correction)

I'd rather have a guy, who for the past 3 years has had over 100 receptions and over 1000 yards receiving. I like Lee Evans, he makes some really awesome plays, but they're too few and far between. Yes, everyone can point the finger at the QB situation and the O-line, but great receivers can get the job done regardless and Marshall has shown that this past year with Orton. IMO, Evans is a #2 receiver.

is marshall a 100 catch receiver in our offense over the past three years? assuming everything else fell into place for a trade as suggested, i just don't see it. terrell owens comes in as a hall of fame reciever opposite evans and was hard-pressed to catch as many as he did. it wasn't that our offense struggled, it was at times it didn't exist. i'd think that this type of chronic suckage is contagious, like the swine flu, ringworm, and pink eye.

I forgot the Bills of the early 90's were model citizen's as well (sarcasm). That's as far as I got through your childish post.

So how were TO's stats this year? My point is with the weak QB and O-line play we had this aseason anyone looks bad. I doubt Marshall would have looked any better.

Here's Evans stats

2009: 44 Rec, 612 yds, 7 TDs

2008: 63 Rec, 1017 yds, 3 TDs

2007: 55 Rec, 849 yds, 5 TDs

2006: 82 Rec, 1292 yds, 8 TDs

2005: 48 Rec, 743 yds, 7 TDs

2004: 48 Rec, 843 yds, 9 TDs

I'm sorry, but you don't pay someone $9+ million a year for 44 Receptions and 612 yards. I would much rather have Brandon Marshall anyday over Lee Evans. IMO, the only coach who knew how to properly use Evans was Mularkey. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. I'm not saying Evans is a bad player, but he's definitely not worth the money he's getting. I'd rather see the Bills go with a bigger, more physical WR in Marshall than Evans. Yes, our QB's have sucked, but Orton is no better and look at the numbers Marshall had with him.

So how were TO's stats this year? My point is with the weak QB and O-line play we had this aseason anyone looks bad. I doubt Marshall would have looked any better.

TO had 55 rec, 829 yds, 5 rec TDs and 1 rush TD, plus he had at least 20 drops or more. I think Marshall would have had at least 1000 yards with us considering the circumstances.

Besides last year, what else has been the reasons for Evans? Face it, he's an undersized #1 WR, he can't consistently shake the double teams and his stats prove that. One week, Evans will put up great numbers, then will have 2, 3 or 4 more weeks of putting up numbers of 40, 50 yards a game. People always point the finger to the QB, well it works both ways, you need a WR that can consistently catch and consistently get open.

I Love all of these (We he Fans) Trade offers. 1st and foremost someone needs to be willing to trade with the Bills, second we must have something they want. Just saying to make it happen does not make it so, LOL

Yea, it kinda makes me laugh at some of the posts on this board with trade suggestions. Kinda like being in a fantasy league where one guy always wants to trade his garbage for your best players. The Bills can't make a team trade with them and can't make a team take on their mistake contracts. Maybe we can get the Patriots to trade us Tom Brady for Ryan Fitzpatrick, why not they are both quarterbacks?

Yea, it kinda makes me laugh at some of the posts on this board with trade suggestions. Kinda like being in a fantasy league where one guy always wants to trade his garbage for your best players. The Bills can't make a team trade with them and can't make a team take on their mistake contracts. Maybe we can get the Patriots to trade us Tom Brady for Ryan Fitzpatrick, why not they are both quarterbacks?

LMAO!!! You got good points!! That's reason I suggested Schobel & Evans be traded, IMO it was a big mistake to give both of those guys their big contracts. Schobel should have gotten what Kelsay did and Kelsay is another overpaid, underperforming DE.