Trade Evans (for Brandon Marshall) and trade Schobel

So, then why would anyone want to trade for someone with a $9+ million a year contact and average numbers?

I'm sure there are teams that think Evans could really help their offense (depends on who they already have on their offense). Look at Housmanzadeh (don't know if that's spelled right), he's getting $14 million a year. We traded trash (McGahee) for two 3rd rounders and a 7th, so a lot of it has to go on reputation as well. My point to the whole thread was trading Evans for Marshall.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Evans stats

2009: 44 Rec, 612 yds, 7 TDs

2008: 63 Rec, 1017 yds, 3 TDs

2007: 55 Rec, 849 yds, 5 TDs

2006: 82 Rec, 1292 yds, 8 TDs

2005: 48 Rec, 743 yds, 7 TDs

2004: 48 Rec, 843 yds, 9 TDs

I'm sorry, but you don't pay someone $9+ million a year for 44 Receptions and 612 yards. I would much rather have Brandon Marshall anyday over Lee Evans. IMO, the only coach who knew how to properly use Evans was Mularkey. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. I'm not saying Evans is a bad player, but he's definitely not worth the money he's getting. I'd rather see the Bills go with a bigger, more physical WR in Marshall than Evans. Yes, our QB's have sucked, but Orton is no better and look at the numbers Marshall had with him.

With the worthless QBs we have had for the past 6 or 7 years, Brandon Marshalls numbers wouldn't be any better than Evans' have been. He can't throw himself the ball, he has had to rely on wannabe QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick over his career.

With the worthless QBs we have had for the past 6 or 7 years, Brandon Marshalls numbers wouldn't be any better than Evans' have been. He can't throw himself the ball, he has had to rely on wannabe QBs like Ryan Fitzpatrick over his career.

I forgot, Kyle Orton was considered a top NFL QB in Chicago. And Jay Cutler looked really good in Chicago this year (sarcasm).

I forgot, Kyle Orton was considered a top NFL QB in Chicago. And Jay Cutler looked really good in Chicago this year (sarcasm).

And how did the Broncos fair after the 6-0 start? Someone would have to be blind and in a coma to put Orton in a top tier of QBs. Orton had one thing in Denver that he wouldn't have in Buffalo-one of the leagues best offensive lines, and one of the best young lineman in the league in Ryan Clady.

And how did the Broncos fair after the 6-0 start? Someone would have to be blind and in a coma to put Orton in a top tier of QBs. Orton had one thing in Denver that he wouldn't have in Buffalo-one of the leagues best offensive lines, and one of the best young lineman in the league in Ryan Clady.

Exactly, McDaniels should have been fired after he screwed things up with Cutler. How do you bench your top WR & TE, while battling for the final wild card spot?!

We all know that "The Dick" screwed things up this past offseason. They should have kept Walker at RT and drafted Oher to man the LT position. Instead, we draft a one year college wonder in Aaron Maybin. I like the picks for Wood & Levitre (hope Wood recovers), plus I like the Incognito signing (hope he gets resigned). It doesn't matter who our QB is if he doesn't have the line in front of him. So I hope Nix & company make a priority to fill the holes on the O-line.

I Love all of these (We he Fans) Trade offers. 1st and foremost someone needs to be willing to trade with the Bills, second we must have something they want. Just saying to make it happen does not make it so, LOL

Hey Sherlock, that's the purpose of a chat room, so people can discuss ideas. I read the trade for Vick discussions and I don't agree with them, but it's interesting to hear someone's point of view. If you don't like people's ideas for trades, then don't read them.

Hey Sherlock, that's the purpose of a chat room, so people can discuss ideas. I read the trade for Vick discussions and I don't agree with them, but it's interesting to hear someone's point of view. If you don't like people's ideas for trades, then don't read them.

Hey Sherlock it is my Opinion, Moron!

Wow, I guess people can't read? I said trade EVANS for MARSHALL

How is trading Evans for Marshall leaving any holes?

Here are the stats for Evans and Marshall:

Evans stats

Marshall's stats:

2009: 101 Rec, 1120 yds, 10 TDs

2008: 104 Rec, 1265 yds, 6 TDs

2007: 102 Rec, 1325 yds, 7 TDs

2006: 20 Rec, 309 yds, 2 TDs

It's clear that Marshall can produce consistently. Even with the Broncos going from Cutler to Orton, Marshall's numbers didn't drop off much. I'd much rather have Marshall than Evans.

Yo, Marshall is a beast and all...but the only time Evans had a real QB start all the games was JP Losman, and he actually had a very solid season. As tough and strong as Marshall is, I'd rather have the deep threat that is rare to come by, and pick up a possession receiver elsewhere. With Losman playing all the games, Evans was able to get to 1300 and had numbers very similar or better than Marshall, with 20 less catches.

What I'm trying to say is that your argument that because of stats Marshall is better than Evans is extremely flawed due to the fact (as several people have pointed out) that a WR is dependent on the quarterback. Lee still got 7 TDs this season. That's insanely productive considering how piss-poor this offense is.

Yo, Marshall is a beast and all...but the only time Evans had a real QB start all the games was JP Losman, and he actually had a very solid season. As tough and strong as Marshall is, I'd rather have the deep threat that is rare to come by, and pick up a possession receiver elsewhere. With Losman playing all the games, Evans was able to get to 1300 and had numbers very similar or better than Marshall, with 20 less catches.

What I'm trying to say is that your argument that because of stats Marshall is better than Evans is extremely flawed due to the fact (as several people have pointed out) that a WR is dependent on the quarterback. Lee still got 7 TDs this season. That's insanely productive considering how piss-poor this offense is.

Yes, Evans has not had a QB since Bledsoe, but Orton is not a good QB and Marshall had 100+ receptions. You can't throw the ball deep everytime you go for a pass, especially in the weather Buffalo gets, so Marshall would be better suited for the Buffalo winter weather due to his size. The snow takes away the speed factor from guys like Evans & Parrish. I think Evans would do much better for a team that plays in a dome or in warm weather climates than he does in the winter elements in Buffalo. I'm not knocking Evans, he's a class act and a good WR, but I just don't think he's the right guy for us.

Yes, Evans has not had a QB since Bledsoe, but Orton is not a good QB and Marshall had 100+ receptions.

No. You missed the point. Orton got to play almost all the games (I think he may have missed one, right?). Marshall got a full season of consistency from a QB who can throw the ball. Trent can't. As much as it pains me to say this, JP could. It's that simple. Overall JP and Orton may not be ideal QB's, but they toss the pigskin, making the whole argument against Orton pointless.

The snow takes away the speed factor from guys like Evans & Parrish. I think Evans would do much better for a team that plays in a dome or in warm weather climates than he does in the winter elements in Buffalo. I'm not knocking Evans, he's a class act and a good WR, but I just don't think he's the right guy for us.

Which games did snow effect us as a result of playing in Buffalo since Evans has been here? None, right? Yeah, none.

Here's Evans stats

I'm sorry, but you don't pay someone $9+ million a year for 44 Receptions and 612 yards. I would much rather have Brandon Marshall anyday over Lee Evans. IMO, the only coach who knew how to properly use Evans was Mularkey. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open. I'm not saying Evans is a bad player, but he's definitely not worth the money he's getting. I'd rather see the Bills go with a bigger, more physical WR in Marshall than Evans. Yes, our QB's have sucked, but Orton is no better and look at the numbers Marshall had with him.

He has been nothing but a #2 WR. Only our previous brain dead staff and some Bills fans think he is a #1

Here's Evans stats

And you do realize that Marshall could be suspended for 8 games or more at any point now, right? Look at what Lee did in '06 with Losman at the helm. He could do that every year if we would've had any sort of an OC and QB that could consistently find ways to get him the ball.

No. You missed the point. Orton got to play almost all the games (I think he may have missed one, right?). Marshall got a full season of consistency from a QB who can throw the ball. Trent can't. As much as it pains me to say this, JP could. It's that simple. Overall JP and Orton may not be ideal QB's, but they toss the pigskin, making the whole argument against Orton pointless.

Which games did snow effect us as a result of playing in Buffalo since Evans has been here? None, right? Yeah, none.

Up until Trent got creamed against Adrian Wilson, Trent was hitting Evans with passes of 40+ yards or more. Even with JP, Evans was not getting consistent numbers every week.

As far as snow goes, I guess you forgot about the Blizzard game in Cleveland where we lost 8-0 and we still had a chance to make the playoffs going into that game. What's your comeback gonna be on that one, "It wasn't played in Buffalo!?"

Marshall has had 3 seasons in a row where he had 100 receptions or more, we need a guy like that can consistently make the catches and get first downs.

He has been nothing but a #2 WR. Only our previous brain dead staff and some Bills fans think he is a #1

:w00t::thumbsup:

Thank you!!!!! :lol:

Evans would be a great #2 receiver to a bigger, more physical WR, like how Price was to Moulds, but some people are so blind to see that. Once receivers like Evans and Price lose their speed, they're done.

And you do realize that Marshall could be suspended for 8 games or more at any point now, right? Look at what Lee did in '06 with Losman at the helm. He could do that every year if we would've had any sort of an OC and QB that could consistently find ways to get him the ball.

And look at what he did in 2007?

Wow, I guess people can't read? I said trade EVANS for MARSHALL

How is trading Evans for Marshall leaving any holes?

Here are the stats for Evans and Marshall:

Evans stats

Marshall's stats:

2009: 101 Rec, 1120 yds, 10 TDs

2008: 104 Rec, 1265 yds, 6 TDs

2007: 102 Rec, 1325 yds, 7 TDs

2006: 20 Rec, 309 yds, 2 TDs

It's clear that Marshall can produce consistently. Even with the Broncos going from Cutler to Orton, Marshall's numbers didn't drop off much. I'd much rather have Marshall than Evans.

Nope I can't...not this early haha sorry

While I do believe Marshall is a great receiver, I don't see him performing like he did the past 3 seasons. Talking about WRs before addressing OT and QB is jumping the gun a bit. Plus, I don't know if Evens really wants to be here but I highly doubt Marshall will want to...do we really want to have to deal with "trade me" demands with Marshall???

Nope I can't...not this early haha sorry

While I do believe Marshall is a great receiver, I don't see him performing like he did the past 3 seasons. Talking about WRs before addressing OT and QB is jumping the gun a bit. Plus, I don't know if Evens really wants to be here but I highly doubt Marshall will want to...do we really want to have to deal with "trade me" demands with Marshall???

It's okay!! You're right, the QB & OT positions need to be addressed.