I feel bad for Nix

What if 9-7 or 10-6 is not good enough for the playoffs will you hold it against them?

No. And I would not necessarily hold it against them even if we failed to have a winning season. A lot has to do with the directions they take in approaching free agency, trading and the draft. If they look to be competitive right away and trade draft choices for someone like Donovan McNabb or pay for proven vets in free agency I would consider their year a failure if they did not at least have a winning record and be in position to earn a playoff bearth towards the end of the year. If they adopt a more patient rebuilding approach a Jauron like record could be quite acceptable provided that it was clear by year end that they were beginning to achieve their goals. In DJs case a losing record was a ceiling. In their case it would have to be a floor. A positive sign in this type of situation would be a young and improving Bills team destroying one or two serious playoff contenders towards the end of the year.

According to some around here it's easy to know if a guy is a bust after one season, even if he missed training camp and the coaching staff has no idea what it's doing.

Heck, I remember a time when most rookies did not play at all. The first you you hardly saw them on the field except for special teams.

The community is so divided on what the bills should do in the first round that i actually feel bad for nix. No matter what his decision ends up being, whether he chooses a LT,QB or a defensive player, half of the people are going to hate him for it. he's got a tough draft coming up.

Do you really think he gives a shat what the community thinks about who he drafts????

Actually I dont fall into that boat.....he could make one of many selections I would not find fault with it.

I have said this many times since the Nix promotion.....it isn't just what happens with that 1st round pick.....guys like him know how to find talent in rounds 2-7

I would be very curious to know if Byrd was a "Nix selection"

+1

The only thing Nix can do is be true to his football instincts and draft the best need position of the players left on the board. What more can we ask of anyone in that position? Hopefully the instincts that San Diego has had in drafting and developing Pro Bowl players have rubbed off on Nix and Gailey. If not, we're looking at yet another failed regime. It's really too early by far to know what their impact will be. The truth will make itself known on the field.

The community is so divided on what the bills should do in the first round that i actually feel bad for nix. No matter what his decision ends up being, whether he chooses a LT,QB or a defensive player, half of the people are going to hate him for it. he's got a tough draft coming up.

geez, throw a dart, this team is so bad the number 1 pick is a starter day 1.

I disagree. Say he trades down and picks up some LT, then a QB in round 2 and a NT with a 2nd round 2 pick that we got for trading down. Then all of them become studs. We won't know about this draft till about December or so.

Great point.

I believe that everything will be much more clear once the scouting combine is over.

There are always big changes after the combine. Whether its someones draft stock rising or falling

The only thing Nix can do is be true to his football instincts and draft the best need position of the players left on the board. What more can we ask of anyone in that position? Hopefully the instincts that San Diego has had in drafting and developing Pro Bowl players have rubbed off on Nix and Gailey. If not, we're looking at yet another failed regime. It's really too early by far to know what their impact will be. The truth will make itself known on the field.

I love your avatar! lol

Agreed...which is why I hope this decision is taken out of his hands by the teams drafting in front of him...

Can you imagine us on the clock at #9 with the following on the board...

Okung

Bulaga

McClain

Bradford

Clausen

NO chance of happening but realistically I could see one of the QBs, Bulaga, and McClain being available at #9...then what...

If that happened, I would say Bulaga. The line needs to be adressed. LeFevoure and Pike will be there in the 2nd and 3rd. I do like Clausen alot and think he is NFL ready but any QB will take a beating without a solid LT!

Go get McNabb he will flourish in Gailey's system and then you have 5 years to get and break in a franchise quarterback. Doesn't have to be this year, why force something you don't believe in. We're not good enough where the first round pick doesn't play despite what Jauron thought. IF--Maybin can play it's almost like a bonus pick this year. I would take a big NT/DT and get that squared away. If our Offensive line has the starters healthy it's a descent line an actual NFL quarterback would show us that.

Do you think he cares what the community thinks? I wouldn't. I'm sure he's trying to get the best players he can find.

Now that 'The Dick' is gone, I think we will finally have a draft where 4 to 5 picks aren't spent on the secondary every year.

Nix is smart enough to be aware that no other organization in the league would give a 70 yr old scout an opportunity to be a GM. Buddy Nix is also aware that if he is not allowed to do his job without interference from the palookas in the organization he can easily walk away from it. The job is going to be done on his terms or he will take a hike to the nearest fishing hole. At his age what does he have to lose?

At first I was very skeptical about his hiring. But from what I have seen in his early maneuvers I am happy that he is here. He knows Ralph Wilson and how he operates. He is very well acquainted with the organization and its peculiar structure and decisions. So he, more than most outsiders, will know how to work within such a feeble organization.

The releasing of John Guy and the Whaley hiring were steps in the right direction. If given the authority I'm confident Buddy Nix will steadily and systematically make the right calls on player selections. The road is long but he seems to be heading in the right direction.