Report: Bills one of 3 going for McNabb

shaker4187

This team is about two years away from having a decent offensive line that can run proper protections and function as a cohesive unit, that is of course "if" they address the LT position in the draft with that 9th pick, and "if" Gailey knows how to build a decent O line.

Throwing caution to the wind and bringing in a name QB like McNabb might just sell the season tickets this year, but he will run for his life just like Edwards and the team will lose games, so why waste draft picks on one player when so many other areas of the team need immediate help.

Excellent points. I concur completely

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd easily give up our 2nd for McNabb. I think he has at LEAST 3 very good years left.

With a QB on our roster (our most glaring weakness), I'd simply then trade down (if we can) from our 9th pick to the late teens or early 20s and get back a 2nd rd pick. I'd go with the scenario in my sig for our first few picks (except we would then only have 1 secound round pick, and i'd go with an OT).

Build the DL, OL, and LB corps. 1 or 2 more key additions via FA (maybe a veteran WR who's a solid route runner to compliment Evans and a veteran LB for depth) and we'd be WEELLLL on our way.

Why in the hell would McNabb come to Buffalo this late in his career? If he is traded to Buffalo, I see an unmotivated, unhappy player coming to a team that has no offensive line, with no potential to get to the playoffs. He will be a bust in Buffalo.

Don't waste the pick to get him. I would rather see Vick in Buffalo because he will have something to prove. He will be motivated to play well and will be cheaper.

How can you say we're not ready to win? We were tied or led in the 4th quarter of every game this year but 2. You really don't think it is reasonable to think if we had a pro bowl QB like McNabb that a few of those Ls turn into Ws??? This is the NFL and teams go from 1-15 to make the playoffs the next season. Since nothing is guaranteed by a 2nd round draft pick, you take a proven QB and worry about winning now.

A-freakin'-MEN !!

I don't get all this crap that we're so far away and not ready to win yet etc. We went 6-10 with our QB tied behind our back. If we had any kindof play at QB we beat the crap out Cleveland, probably beat the Jags, maybe even beat the Saints who we were behind 10-7 with 10:00 to play despite not getting any first downs in the second half and maybe beat the Jets the second time and we're 10-6 and headed to the playoffs. The best way to make an offense better is to make the QB better. Especially if your current QBs suck like ours did. If we had a decent offense and QB our defense is also better because our offense is able to hold onto the ball and their fresher at the end.

Let's get McNabb and win in 2010 and worry about 2014 later.

I'd give up our 2nd and sweeten the pot with Lynch. We can find another guy to spell Lynch anywhere. There are a ton of FA RBs including Chester Taylor and Mike Bell.

Oh come on man...:thumbsup:

If I am giving up a former 1st round pick RB who has had 1000 yard seasons I am not giving up a coveted 2nd round pick to.

I would give Lynch and a 4th at most. If we are going to give up a player I am not giving them a high pick as well......

McNabb and TO were hanging out this past weekend in Miami -- they were even taking photos together and tweeting about it. I guess that relationship is on the mend.

Thanks Chicago Mike. I wouldnt be suprised if they are better now. Both of these guys have grown up and matured a little since they were last together. It wouldnt suprise me if we did get McNabb that TO would stay. He did have the best years of his career with him after all. Until knowing they were again on speaking terms I doubted it. But knowing this is huge. If we get McNabb, you may see TO stay. If thats the case were only a few decent OL'men away from a solid offense. IMO.

Oh come on man...:thumbsup:

If I am giving up a former 1st round pick RB who has had 1000 yard seasons I am not giving up a coveted 2nd round pick to.

I would give Lynch and a 4th at most. If we are going to give up a player I am not giving them a high pick as well......

Some would have you believe that ALL we have to do is plug in McNabb all is well. Playoffs? Maybe SB?

*BUZZER*

Wrong

WIth a descent QB were in the playoffs LAST year- not ready to win the super bowl yes but not ready to go 10-6 or 11-5 yes we are. Just look back at last years games

New coaching staff plus new D being implented (new players?) plus other pieces needed (OL, WR, TE) plus bringing in McNabb who would be learning a new system doesn't mean we pick up where we left off.

Last years successes(?) have no bearing on this team next year just as last years failures(!) won't. We'd essentially be blowing up both sides. They'd have to come together simultaneously and ahead of schedule, IMO, for us to be successful that quickly.

I just don't see it.

I'd give up our 2nd and sweeten the pot with Lynch. We can find another guy to spell Lynch anywhere. There are a ton of FA RBs including Chester Taylor and Mike Bell.

I wouldn't sweaten the pot THAT MUCH...Lynch obviously had an off-year last year, but the guy is in his prime and I'd expect a bounce back year from him this year. Plus, this league is becoming more of a 2 back league..and Jackson (at his age) alone simply won't cut it.

At the very most I'd give them a 4th or 5th rounder the following season...but our 2nd this year should be enough.

In the end he probably will stay in philly.

looking at last season..despite the horrible O-line play and injuries to the LBs and Oline..you plug in a Chad Pennington-type QB into our offense and we make the playoffs. We were pretty much in every game we played last season, aside from 1 or 2, and most of our losses were simply a matter of our offense playing one man down (QB).