Report: Bills one of 3 going for McNabb

shaker4187

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans is the perfect receiver for McNabb and will be a pro bowler with him.

And the Packers had a bad defense in 2008 and finished #2 overall in their first season with a 3-4 defense this year.

I love LE, but he'll be constantly doubled as there is no viable option in this offense as we see it.

Our D personnel isn't exactly 3-4 ready. All the Packers had to do was focus on the D side of the ball. We're behind the curve on both sides of the ball.

I understand McNabb would be an upgrade, but we're not ready for him. Minny would be should Favre retire. Not us. We're not that close.

Agree with the thoughts on the OLine. Ive never played OL so I cant speak from complete knowledge here but It seems like C takes less moving around on your feet than a G who is pulling on certain plays and making rushes upfield with the RB's. Moving Incognito to RG, and Wook at Center would make the interior of our line pretty mean and nasty. Would be better for Wood's leg and get him on the field faster I think too. Butler is (if he can stay healthy) a decent answer at RT if we can pick up a LT in round 2 were looking pretty good. And you have Bell, Scott, and Handgartner to back up. Handy can fill in at any of the interior roles, and Bell, Scott can work on the T's if needed.

I like the thought of McNabb or Vick here. Personally I think were better off with Vick because then we might actually have a shot at keeping TO as well. And that would be one less draft pick on another WR that nobody knows will be any good. If we get McNabb most likely TO will set sail out of town, but he has already stated how he thought Vick would be good for us. It might give him reason to stick around.

Either way, I wouldnt give up anything more than a #3 included with some other compensation. How bout we give them Lynch for either QB straight up? That way we keep out picks and were still looking ok. You can get a RB late in the draft that can be servicable, especially since Freddy has proved he can handle the load.

We will need a LB and LT in the draft for sure. IMO we take McClain, and then the best LT available in the 2nd round. If we took Vick and kept TO because of that signing we could be looking pretty good.

However I do agree that we are at least a year or 2 away from making any real splash. But a veteran QB could make us respectable right away.

McNabb and TO were hanging out this past weekend in Miami -- they were even taking photos together and tweeting about it. I guess that relationship is on the mend.

This team is about two years away from having a decent offensive line that can run proper protections and function as a cohesive unit, that is of course "if" they address the LT position in the draft with that 9th pick, and "if" Gailey knows how to build a decent O line.

Throwing caution to the wind and bringing in a name QB like McNabb might just sell the season tickets this year, but he will run for his life just like Edwards and the team will lose games, so why waste draft picks on one player when so many other areas of the team need immediate help.

Good points! :thumbsup: The only thing I worry about is when we finally get a decent offensive line together is that some of the players may be close to becoming a free agent. We have lost so many players to free agency..just off the top of my head: Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Sam Cowhart, Pat Williams, and many more not to mention Jason Peters! I think this organization has to show more committment when it comes to "keeping" their players in our uniform when it comes time to re-sign! If not, you'll see Fred Jackson, Lee Evans and several others eventually hitting the open market..although L. Evans may be locked up with his contract extension for several years?? I don't know the answer at QB, but I don't want to give up much or get into a bidding war and lose draft picks to get a soon to be has been QB that don't have the tools around him to offer him an opportunity for success. As I'm analyzing things I think you have to spend another 1-3 round player for L OT and also for DT. You can take a chance on a clipboard holder QB in there somewhere as well but keep upgrading your lines for future success! Yeah, we need a OLB & WR probably as well and to also build depth at key positions. If it were me I'd take: round #1 OT

#2 DT or NT

#3 OT

#4 OT

#5 OLB

#6 QB

#6 WR

#7 QB

#7 WR

Good points! :thumbsup: The only thing I worry about is when we finally get a decent offensive line together is that some of the players may be close to becoming a free agent. We have lost so many players to free agency..just off the top of my head: Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Sam Cowhart, Pat Williams, and many more not to mention Jason Peters! I think this organization has to show more committment when it comes to "keeping" their players in our uniform when it comes time to re-sign! If not, you'll see Fred Jackson, Lee Evans and several others eventually hitting the open market..although L. Evans may be locked up with his contract extension for several years?? I don't know the answer at QB, but I don't want to give up much or get into a bidding war and lose draft picks to get a soon to be has been QB that don't have the tools around him to offer him an opportunity for success. As I'm analyzing things I think you have to spend another 1-3 round player for L OT and also for DT. You can take a chance on a clipboard holder QB in there somewhere as well but keep upgrading your lines for future success! Yeah, we need a OLB & WR probably as well and to also build depth at key positions. If it were me I'd take: round #1 OT

#2 DT or NT

#3 OT

#4 OT

#5 OLB

#6 QB

#6 WR

#7 QB

#7 WR

Woops! round #4 I meant DT... Load up to change your weakness into strength and depth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then next year focus on your remaining weaknesses if you can't achieve it during FA Signings.

Next year #1 QB

#2 WR

#3 QB

#4 WR

#5 CB

#6 S

#7 OT or DT

While my first priority is upgrading the lines I dont follow suit on "waiting until everything is in place before getting that QB"

If you can upgrade the line AND get the QB then you do it when it comes available. If that opportunity presents itself this year we have to do it.

But this team NEEDS a left tackle.....it has to happen in some way or another.

I have no problem with this as long as they don't give up anything above a third rounder for him. If they give up a first or second rounder then I'll have to start to question Buddy's GM abilities.

I'd give up a 2nd & conditional 2011 pick for McNabb. The offense would be in pretty good shape with a LT in the 1st & McNabb as our 2nd. It's a lot better than either taking a rookie QB in either spot because 1) If you take the rookie QB at #9, you still need at LT to protect him & you probably can't get an immediate starting LT in the 2nd round & 2) If you take a LT at 9, the odds of our 2nd round QB being any good are pretty slim & they get slimmer round by round.

No matter what your opinion is-I think we have 4 bums at QB right now & have to find a starter from outside-you have to believe that Buddy is dead set on getting a new guy in here to start next year. Edwards-too injury prone & erratic, Fitzpatrick-too erratic, Brohm-too raw to possibly be next year's starter, Hamdan-too never should be in the NFL.

I'd give up a 2nd & conditional 2011 pick for McNabb. The offense would be in pretty good shape with a LT in the 1st & McNabb as our 2nd. It's a lot better than either taking a rookie QB in either spot because 1) If you take the rookie QB at #9, you still need at LT to protect him & you probably can't get an immediate starting LT in the 2nd round & 2) If you take a LT at 9, the odds of our 2nd round QB being any good are pretty slim & they get slimmer round by round.

No matter what your opinion is-I think we have 4 bums at QB right now & have to find a starter from outside-you have to believe that Buddy is dead set on getting a new guy in here to start next year. Edwards-too injury prone & erratic, Fitzpatrick-too erratic, Brohm-too raw to possibly be next year's starter, Hamdan-too never should be in the NFL.

If you gave up a 2nd you could aquire the other pieces needed in free agency......there are some NT's on the market like Casey Hampton.

To follow up on ESPN's Adam Schefter's report that "multiple teams have called Eagles to inquire about their three QBs," Schefter's colleague Sal Paolantonio discloses the identity of three teams who have had discussions with the Eagles specifically regarding Donovan McNabb - Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo.

The Browns will likely be tied to the Eagles because of Andy Reid's close relationship with new president Mike Holmgren and general manager Tom Heckert. Cleveland has Derek Anderson, a Pro Bowl quarterback in the 2007 season who has not been able to duplicate that season's performance, and Brady Quinn, a former first-round pick. The Browns were 5-11 in 2008 as Quinn led the team with 1,339 passing yards, but he threw just eight touchdowns with seven interceptions. Just to note, the Browns have the seventh overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

The Broncos proved how the NFL season is a marathon and not a sprint in 2009. After a 6-0 start, the Broncos missed the playoffs with an 8-8 record. Last off-season, the Broncos traded Jay Cutler for a bevy of draft picks and quarterback Kyle Orton. Orton passed for 3,802 yards with 21 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while completing 62.1 percent of his passes in 2009. Denver had the league's 20th-ranked scoring offense in 2009. The Broncos will have either the 10th or 11th overall pick (subject to a coin flip with the Jaguars) in this year's draft.

Buffalo is interesting because the Eagles have spent the early portion of their off-season acquiring former Bills coaches in new special teams coordinator Bobby April and senior assistant/defensive backs coach Dick Jauron. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards split the quarterback duties for the 6-10 Bills, who ranked 28th in the league with 16.1 points per game last season. It will certainly be up to new general manager Buddy Nix and head coach Chan Gailey to chart the path for the organization. Buffalo has the ninth overall pick in the draft.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/2/...abb-cle-den-buf

I say let the Rams pick up Vick and the Browns have McNabb. Will make it more likely that either Clausen or Bradford falls in the Bills lap at #9.

:thumbsup:

The bigger story here is that the Bills,Browns, etc. expressed interest in McNabb to the Eagles directly -- essentially meaning if they are willing to trade, these organizations would be up for it. But, talks will not go forward from there. They need both McNabb and Kolb. Why on earth would they get rid of a top-10 QB to make way for a guy who started just a handful of games? If the Eagles are going to give up a player, it will be Vick, and probably to the Rams. The Rams are interested in Vick, and probably would be willing to give up a 3rd for his services. Both Rams HC and McNabb eluded to that this weekend.

I say let the Rams pick up Vick and the Browns have McNabb. Will make it more likely that either Clausen or Bradford falls in the Bills lap at #9.

:thumbdown:

I even hear that old rubber arm is ahead of schedule following his second season ending shoulder injury and subsequent surgery before the age of 22 :unsure: