Goodell says ban on 3-point stance is possible

UConn James

i think goodell is becoming a pesky douchebag. leave the game alone. sure concusions suck for the people getting them, but thats just one risk your taking in a game in which you get paid HUGE. I would gladly die on the field if I were physicaly capable of playing the game, and i would do it for free too.

Never going to happen and it doesn't make that much sense either. Honestly if they did that it would be stupid and make the NFL more like the CFL. I mean why not just introduce a 3 down game with a 2.5 yard neutral zone (All Defensive players must be 2.5 yards off the Line of Scrimmage).

Its a contact sport move to grass or do something sense-able like that don't fundamentally change the game. The opposite of inaction isn't stupidity.

i think goodell is becoming a pesky douchebag. leave the game alone. sure concusions suck for the people getting them, but thats just one risk your taking in a game in which you get paid HUGE. I would gladly die on the field if I were physicaly capable of playing the game, and i would do it for free too.

don't be so dramatic guy.

Really?

You wouldn't do it for free. You would play a few games then you would be seeing an owner who doesn't put his body on the line making massive amounts of money off of people watching what you do and you would want yours. And I feel like there should be more precautions taken with concussions but there isn't anything you could do to get rid of them completely its a contact sport there is always going to be some sort of risk.

Honestly if you are diagnosed with a concussion there should be a third party that at a minimum sits you out for the next game or 2 weeks (If you have a bye or something). Also I think a switch over to grass to slow down the game a bit could help.

I would gladly die on the field if I were physicaly capable of playing the game, and i would do it for free too.

How many concussions have you had so far?

If you haven't had one I'd suggest you slam your head into a wall a few times for free just to make sure you would enjoy it as much as you think.

I think this would be absolutely ridiculous. Might as well just make it flag football.

i agree, its a risk the players get millions of dollars to take, and that risk and excitement is part of what makes football fun to watch. do this and it would be like nascar without the crashes, nobody would watch it.

No, you wouldn't.

And not one of these guys playing today would either.

Ridiculous post.

There's a lot more sensible changes to be made like cutting down on the "supplements" these guys take and the massive doping that occurs in the league and the college level.

you have no proof of any of that. Any supplement taken must be approved by the league otherwise the player is suspended.

Goodell is a horrible commish.

He could end up sinking the game. He is pushing for new stadiums across the league, is now in Jax business telling them they wont' make it with their attendance, has mentioned he wants a superbowl in London etc.