Brian Buluga and Terrance Cody

billsfan89

On draft day we have many needs all across the board but to me we have no more pressing needs then QB, LT, and NT. Well at pick 9 I don't think there will be a QB worth taking (I personally feel like Clausen is the only top 10 QB in the draft and that he won't be there at pick 9) so at pick 9 I feel like a LT is position to target (McClain won't be there either).

So with pick 9 I feel like Brian Buluga is our guy. Tough blue collar guy who ranks as one of the better LT's in the draft. The addition of Buluga and the return of Wood and Butler as well as Levitre-Hangartner-Wood having played 10 games with each other (With Levitre and Hangartner having played all 16 with each other) helps us get in order our O-line.

I feel like with round 2 we need to try and shape our brand new 3-4 D. Well I feel like if Terrance Cody is there at pick 41 (The guys stock is falling big time due to weight issues but if we can get him without a trade up we need to try and catch lighting in a bottle and get value). I feel like with Cody we could potentially get a Ted Washington type NT in the second round. NT is the most important position in the 3-4 so getting that in order is huge.

Cody is a physical freak at 370 he can dunk a basketball and Buluga is a very good LT prospect. So with this draft if we can get the 2 most important positions on each line in order then I feel like we will be building the foundation of this new era.

On draft day we have many needs all across the board but to me we have no more pressing needs then QB, LT, and NT. Well at pick 9 I don't think there will be a QB worth taking (I personally feel like Clausen is the only top 10 QB in the draft and that he won't be there at pick 9) so at pick 9 I feel like a LT is position to target (McClain won't be there either).

So with pick 9 I feel like Brian Buluga is our guy. Tough blue collar guy who ranks as one of the better LT's in the draft. The addition of Buluga and the return of Wood and Butler as well as Levitre-Hangartner-Wood having played 10 games with each other (With Levitre and Hangartner having played all 16 with each other) helps us get in order our O-line.

I feel like with round 2 we need to try and shape our brand new 3-4 D. Well I feel like if Terrance Cody is there at pick 41 (The guys stock is falling big time due to weight issues but if we can get him without a trade up we need to try and catch lighting in a bottle and get value). I feel like with Cody we could potentially get a Ted Washington type NT in the second round. NT is the most important position in the 3-4 so getting that in order is huge.

Cody is a physical freak at 370 he can dunk a basketball and Buluga is a very good LT prospect. So with this draft if we can get the 2 most important positions on each line in order then I feel like we will be building the foundation of this new era.

I agree we should take Cody at #41 if he is there...

...but, why did you feel the need to start ANOTHER thread on the same topic already being discussed in 2092424 other posts? Is it because Marty Brodeur sucks? :(

RYAN MILLER <--- ;)

I agree we should take Cody at #41 if he is there...

...but, why did you feel the need to start ANOTHER thread on the same topic already being discussed in 2092424 other posts? Is it because Marty Brodeur sucks? :(

RYAN MILLER <--- ;)

Here is a question how many cups have the Sabers won?

There are no QBs in that draft that I covet. If McClain is gone I would agree with your scenario of 1 and 2. If McClain is there at 9 I take him. So then what do you do at 41? It would be hard to pass on Cody but how do we address LT?

RD1/2 = Bulaga/Cody, what I'll be rooting for, at least pre-combine/pre-cuts

Actually am torn between Bulaga or McClain...would like 1 of 8 teams to remedy this by taking ONLY 1 of the 2...NOT BOTH!

I could live with those picks!

I agree in the trenches if Clausen isnt there at 9.

I really am beginning to like Dan Williams from Tennessee at #9. He is big at 320 and looks pretty solid. Maybe then grab Ciron Black in rd2 or another good LT, or even trade back in the 1st to get one. But this Dan williams kid is legit. Look for his name to be moving up on draft boards soon...

My only question is who is going to play NT on the other 65% of the snaps?

Though i like Bulaga, I think there are several solid LT prospects in this year's draft w/o reaching for one at 9..and for me, Bulaga is a reach at 9.

To answer Thoner7, Casey Hampton or Ryan Pickett teamed with Cody or Dan Williams would be great.

I don't think either Hampton or Pickett will hit the market. Honestly I see both getting resigned by the Steelers and Packers. I feel like Buffalo won't be able to get either in free agency. Both teams want those guys back and we might not be the only team looking to go to a 3-4 this season (I feel like Washington and maybe a few other teams might be looking for a big NT to build a 3-4 around)

I think we should target Jarvis Green from the Pats* as a good pickup at DE. We don't know if Kyle Williams or Stroud can play DE and Green won't come at as big of a demand as the big name NT's. If we can fill up our D-Line With a mix of newer

3-4 guys like Green and Ferguson via free agency, draft Cody, a few of our 4-3 lineman like Spencer Johnson, Stroud, and Williams then we will be on our way to building a good 3-4 at least a 3-4 D-line.