OH GOD NO!!! THE BILLS FOUND A NEW QB!

Bill Cowher

Wow, not at all worth the drama. I don't think he's that bad of an option right now. He did throw a rather crappy pass at the end of the Steelers-Dolphins game near the goal line when they were trying to come back but that doesn't change the fact that he actually did pretty well with a terrible offense in KC.

Still not understanding all the drama and gnashing of teeth over this. They're not going to hand him the starting job.

Unless we pick a QB with our #1, why not bring in some QB's and let them compete?

Areed,all this means is that TE will be gone next season

more than anything, yeah its about the dogs. but also, i dont think hes the type that would be a good mentor for a young qb, which we will inevitably have to acquire.

Ok your on that dog mess still so you get a pass on your crazyness.You dont know what he is capable of now after what he has been through. Im not saying your wrong but im not saying your right who knows...

I have been watching Football for a very long time. I watched alot of Vick games and the kid is unimpressive as a QB very imppressive as aa running QB. Vick doesnt have the vision to be a Passing QB he has never been known to be a passer hes a running QB only with no upside. He can barely complet half of his passes and cant throw for more then 2500 yards in a season so yeah the aformetnioned qbs would be a hell of a lot better then Vick negative attention aside,

Go with the players that have the upside. A franchise QB is born in the team not acquired at the age of 30.

ok he's unimpressive a qb when throwing to receivers with bad hands he had a great TE in atl and that faired well for him..if all else fails he can run. He still has that arm and now he may have to use it more than ever.

Right, third stringer from another team. Just like the guy you want.

He's a 5.2 million 3rd stringer who may start over the current 2nd stringer and also played in more games than the actual 2nd stringer...How many kevin cobb plays did they have? and business wise how many cobb jerseys have you seen compared to vick jerseys.....so who's the real 2nd stringer?

This post had nothing to do with vick I asked carolina his logic in saying thigpen, brohm and lefevor are better than vick. And he's still on the dogs and thats fine I see where he's coming from. But statically throughout out there (all 3) careers they are not anywhere near what mike has accomplished PERIOD. Even in college...

Ok your on that dog mess still so you get a pass on your crazyness.You dont know what he is capable of now after what he has been through. Im not saying your wrong but im not saying your right who knows...

ok he's unimpressive a qb when throwing to receivers with bad hands he had a great TE in atl and that faired well for him..if all else fails he can run. He still has that arm and now he may have to use it more than ever.

He's a 5.2 million 3rd stringer who may start over the current 2nd stringer and also played in more games than the actual 2nd stringer...How many kevin cobb plays did they have? and business wise how many cobb jerseys have you seen compared to vick jerseys.....so who's the real 2nd stringer?

This post had nothing to do with vick I asked carolina his logic in saying thigpen, brohm and lefevor are better than vick. And he's still on the dogs and thats fine I see where he's coming from. But statically throughout out there (all 3) careers they are not anywhere near what mike has accomplished PERIOD. Even in college...

the one thing no one talks about when thinking about Vick, and something that can't be ignored, is the fcat he has not taken serious snaps in like 4-5 years. By that I mean take the hit and make the 30+ throws a game. Look at the favre pics from that other thread--that from a dude who has played every game since 1992 (1 or 2? dont remember). Bringing in Vick would be a MASSIVE gamble if only because we do not know if he can play a full 16 week season.

Imagine the outcry if the Bills tried to pick up any other QB who had not played a full game in 4-5 years. Forget about past glories, we are not looking at Vick circa 2003. This is guy who has not played a full game in 4-5 years.

Beyond the dogs (serious problem with me) and the stats (another serious problem) the Bills are simply not good enough to protect or support a guy who has not played a full game in 4-5 years.

look at his game log... His best games were against teams that ran a 3-4 if I'm not mistaken...though I'm not sure when the jets started running a 3-4, I think it was before Ryan got there. but correct me if I am wrong. certainly the chargers and phins both were running it htat year. he had his BEST games against a 3-4. So 1.) gailey can game plan against it and 2.) thigpen has already proven he can do what an Edwards under Jauron couldn't and thats throw for 300plus against a 3-4...

I'm not necessarily in favor of saying he is hte answer, but he certainly gives off the notion he is cut from the Jeff Garcia cloth.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/ga...amp;season=2008

great! you guys are excited about a 3rd stringer and a practice squad player battling it out to be our starter.

wtf?

He looked solid but inexperienced in KC with very little offensive talent and a terrible OL.

not sure he's the answer but I'd be OK if we brought him in along with Brohm, Fitz and a draft pick and let em' all compete.

He looked solid but inexperienced in KC with very little offensive talent and a terrible OL.

not sure he's the answer but I'd be OK if we brought him in along with Brohm, Fitz and a draft pick and let em' all compete.

replace fitz with edwards.... when will people look at the numbers and see just how much worse Fitz is then TE? there is no, zero, zilch upside with Fitz. Trent has upside potential (to use a basketball term)....

replace fitz with edwards.... when will people look at the numbers and see just how much worse Fitz is then TE? there is no, zero, zilch upside with Fitz. Trent has upside potential (to use a basketball term)....

Wow. I hope you are joking but I don't think you are. This kind of thing really scares me. Edwards is done in this league - we all know that, right? No way he has as much upside as Fitz. He can't even get a pass off anymore unless it's to a back 2 yards away. Of course Fitz has more upside than Trent. It's not even a discussion.

Thigpen sounds like a Charlie Brown Character, But I would rather this route this year then using any of our top 3 draft picks for QB in the Draft this team is not ready for Franchise QB, Build THE Lines THE LINES THE LINES

Wow. Thigpen looks like a cross between Montana and Young all in one on this video. But as reality enters into our realm, that video reminds me of J.P. Lost-man against the Houston Texans a few years ago. We all remember that high light reel game for the Lost One, don't we? Not one, but two 80 yard TD bombs to Lee Evans, and running for first downs like this kid was finally our answer at QB.

Gailey might trade for the kid, because he had some success with him in KC, and give him a shot. But he will never make it as the Bills full time starting QB and lead the team back to the playoffs and beyond over the next 5 years. He is simply not good enough.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/04/t...umors-underway/

Please tell me this is a joke!

I sure hope it isn't true. But knowing the Buffalo Bills of the past decade, you wouldn't want anything better than another team's #3 quarterback to be our future signal caller. As bad as Edwards has been, Thigpen might be a step down from him, although he would be better than Brohm, Hamden or Fitzerception. If they were signing him to be a back up to a NFL caliber starter (which we don't have here), then that might not be bad, but if they bring him in as the starter, that would just signal another 3 or 4 years of losing.

We need a quarterback eventually, but right now our offensive and defensive lines should be the number one priority. If we fixed the offensive and defensive lines (I'm including the linebackers as part of the defensive "line" problem) Fitzpatrick would be good enough for the next year ande we might make the playoffs. We might get the opportunity with a trade for Lynch or possibly Lynch and a lower round draft pick to get a good quarterback, or we might even find someone in free agency. However that doesn't fill the bill to build a first rate contender, so I would think we'd be drafting the "franchise" quarterback next year or the year after. Thigpen might or not be better than Fitz and we might get him if the price isn't too high and he might be passable next year as our lines gel. I'm not seeing a new quarterback as being an important part of the plan for this year, unless some opportunity falls to us in the free agency, trade process. Remember we got Kemp off waivers and the Saints didn't knock themselves out to get Drew Brees.

Hey everyone, the franchise QB that everyone is hoping for...isn't in the first round this year. It's not in the free agent pool this year. We will not have the QB of the future on our roster this year. This is a REBUILDING process. The goal is to find a QB this year that will be good enough to hold us until we do have that franchise QB.

Speculation at its finest right there folks. you have no proof that any of the QBs coming out of college are going to franchise QB's or not. Why dont we wait and see how it all plays out before we kick every QB who has yet to play a game in the NFL

This board has gotten out of hadn with this.

Speculation at its finest right there folks. you have no proof that any of the QBs coming out of college are going to franchise QB's or not. Why dont we wait and see how it all plays out before we kick every QB who has yet to play a game in the NFL

This board has gotten out of hadn with this.

uhhh....ok.....let's shut the board down until the day before the draft. :lol:

I would like to have Thigpen in the mix, but it's not going to happen. If he's actually a solid talent, Parcels will not let him go, espcially to a division opponent. And if he is willing to let him leave, that probably means he's not that good.

Well I'll say it, I'd be downright excited. Thigpen quite possibly has tremendous upside. Let's bring him in and make the three of them fight it out (Trent, Brohm and Thigpen). If Trent wins that show down then next year would truly be make or break for him.

If one of the other two lights it up then great. . . we found our QB of the future.

At the very least, one of the three QBs should be good enough to be a back up QB.

Most impotant, Thigpen in '10 means we can focus on using our #9 on an OT this year-- And worry about the franchise QB next year IF NEED BE.

Agreed

so your serious...thigpen, brohm and lefevour are better than vick...i mean are u really REALLY serious? how long have you been watching football? i mean whats your motivation? tell me your just mad about the dogs because ill give you a pass, but if thats not the case you need your head examined. But your opinion is yours im just tryna see where your coming from?

I am a fan of bringing in Vick. But Thigpen did fairly well on an absolutely horrible team with horrible talent that would make the bills look like super bowl champs. Just saying.

sounds like thigpen, brohm, and Lefevour will be it for us this year, btw, thigpin would be a good teacher for Lefevour, if anybody. IMO, those 3 are STILL BETTER THAN VICK.

I seriously doubt Bills draft Lefevour. He does not possess the Nix approved QB attributes; moreover, the move to a 3-4 almost ensures a heavy concentration on dline and lbs in the draft. Don't get your hopes up too high

I seriously doubt Bills draft Lefevour. He does not possess the Nix approved QB attributes; moreover, the move to a 3-4 almost ensures a heavy concentration on dline and lbs in the draft. Don't get your hopes up too high

Gailey ran the spread in KC with thigpin right?

Lefevour ran the spread at CMU right?

Thigpin and Lefevour have a similiar playing style from what I can tell, plus you throw in brohm, I dont see why you dont thin k lefevour would be a fit for buffalo, and what are Nixs' approved QB attributes?

Hey everyone, the franchise QB that everyone is hoping for...isn't in the first round this year. It's not in the free agent pool this year. We will not have the QB of the future on our roster this year. This is a REBUILDING process. The goal is to find a QB this year that will be good enough to hold us until we do have that franchise QB.

A Matt Kofler or Gary Maraingi type of year

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :worthy: YOU CANT BE SERIOUS..so we got

1. Trent Edwards = scared to throw to receivers and super fragile

2. Ryan Fitzwhatever = Old journeyman QB whos maybe thrown over 250 once

3. Brian Brohm = A second year guy who got booted from the f*ckin practice squad

now add SUPPOSEDLY

4. Tyler Thigpen = a third string QB from another team

:D:thumbdown:

and we think were gonna go somewhere hell we'd be better of starting jimmy clausen or tim tebow behind our sh*t stained line.

why are some of you happy again because im a lil lost in this celebration. I know some of you are opposed to vick and mcnabb but id take those two over those four stink bombs any day. Hell give me clausen (who has no winning record) or tebow (whos suspect) and ill get a bit more excited...

ladies and gentlemen your 2010 Buffalo Bills!

Interesting thought how effective smith could be in the pistol that gailey runs.

the pistol that gailey runs? This rumor on ESPN or wherever this came from is the same place that a couple of weeks ago said it looked like we were going to hire Leslie. Coach Gailey doesn't run "the pistol". He didn't run it in Dallas. He didn't run it in KC when Brody Croyle was the starter. He didn't run in Pittsburgh. Coach Gailey evaluates his talent and figures a way to use them best. He may like Tyler Pigpen and consider acquiring him, but not to shoehorn a system into the Bills which really doesn't sound like it takes advantage of our strengths in running the football.

The first thing Buddy said at the Coach Gaily PC was that you gotta have a good QB to win in the NFL. I think that's probably one of his first orders of business. Somehow I don't think Tyler Pigpen was what he had in mind. If the Fish came out and really wanted Trent or Fitz or Brohm, would we trade him to them for fair maket value? Think about it. But, who knows?

No Thigpen. If he was any good he would be playing right now. Give Brohm a chance. I am not going to say he will be a savior but we don't know. Also lets draft a QB. Competition is always good and if they both pan out we can trade one in the future.

the pistol that gailey runs? This rumor on ESPN or wherever this came from is the same place that a couple of weeks ago said it looked like we were going to hire Leslie. Coach Gailey doesn't run "the pistol". He didn't run it in Dallas. He didn't run it in KC when Brody Croyle was the starter. He didn't run in Pittsburgh. Coach Gailey evaluates his talent and figures a way to use them best. He may like Tyler Pigpen and consider acquiring him, but not to shoehorn a system into the Bills which really doesn't sound like it takes advantage of our strengths in running the football.

The first thing Buddy said at the Coach Gaily PC was that you gotta have a good QB to win in the NFL. I think that's probably one of his first orders of business. Somehow I don't think Tyler Pigpen was what he had in mind. If the Fish came out and really wanted Trent or Fitz or Brohm, would we trade him to them for fair maket value? Think about it. But, who knows?

you are right, Gailey never ran the pistol with those players,

HE RAN THE PISTOL WITH TYLER THIGPIN, a version of the spread offense that utilizes thigpins limited talents.