Nix Gets Nice Slam On "Whitey"....

BillsPhan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to help the Bills improve...how?

Let the past go already, this is childish. I'm not sure how Nix acting like a middle school girl benefits this team.

It's called "Not takin' no s***". A welcome attitude, can't wait for next year...............

For a guy who has done nothing, he shoots off at the mouth an awful lot. Funny, because you just don't hear G.M.'s talk as much sh*t as he does unless it's Al Davis. He's got some Lil Donte in him that I am not a fan of at all.

Yeah but when everyone is taking shots at you do you just bend over and take? Buddy isn't talking smack. He's giving back what he's getting. Greggo needed his airhorn shoved up his blowhole for that Buffalo crack.

PTR

My problem with Buddy is that he could drop dead or retire at any time..He's another stop-gap solution. we need someone with a long term vision to rebuild this team, not keep the parts duct taped together for another couple years

So what happens in a couple years if Buddy has turned the organization around and we are winning and looking like a respectable team again. Don't crucify the man before he has been given a chance. I understand as well as anyone that it has become commonplace to discount the "new regime" given our previous track record. However at the same time, Buddy is coming out and showing us a bit of a different attitude, one that we are not used to seeing. I am by no means saying that he will succeed at this level, I am just not gonna lose all hope in his vision before I have even had a chance to see it.

This is my point. Win some games and then you can say whatever the hell you want. Until then, Nix just comes off as clueless when he slams the Raiders. Last time I checked the Bills are just as big of a debacle as the Raiders, in fact, I believe the Raiders went to the Super Bowl in the last decade.

Speculate all you want on Nix's role with the Chargers, guess what, he's gone and the Bolts had another solid draft. So while all the Bills myiopians on this board want to give him all of the credit and rope to hang himself, I think he comes off amateurish and tackless and I have my doubts.

BTW, I think Polian has earned the right to say whatever the hell he wants, so please leave Good Ol Buddy's name out of the same sentence with the greatest football GM of all time please.

the original question posed was "what gm says thing like that"? i didn't suggest that Nix = Polian at all. I just answered the question with the most obvious example I could think of. and, incidentally, the most painful to me as a bills fan.

i understand your apprehension 100% and do not remotely suggest you hop on board. that said, in fairness, Nix has had virtually 0% responsibilty for the actions of management that lead the team to this point. Gailey has had even less to do with it.

i'm hardly myopic and have kicked more than my share of furniture before, during and after bills games. i just don't feel the need to get ready to kick more until it's time.

I too think Buddy is a breath of fresh air in many respects, but the bottom line for Buddy and the front office is spotting and bringing in talented players. The front office has been a failure the last nine years & if buddy can turn it around with talent laden drafts and shrewd free agent sigings we will move forward. If not, we will still stumble behind Pats jets fins

He's never been a GM, he's always been a role player. He finally gets a GM job at 70 and he is acting like a bully who was hired by Ralph to DEFEND the franchise, not run it. Again, what other GM says these things? The task at hand is monumental for him; rebuliding a franchise that is in utter turmoil, has limilted asssets and is thin on personell. I'm thinking that would humble you a bit. Good luck Buddy, ask Lil Donte how quickly the fans turn on you when your mouth writes checks that your a** can't cash.

I am not so sure "lil donte" And nix are the same. Nix has been eating, sleeping and breathing football for more than half his life. I dont think he is acting like a "bully". Looks to me like he is trying to change the losing laid back culture of the franchise. Last I checked there is only 32 teams and not everyone gets to be a GM. However, theres a reason he was the assistant in San Diego, take a look at how they are doing. They are a small market also. And did you ever stop and think why he came here last year as a scout? It looks to me like he was brought here to really eveluate things for the next year and take over. Think about it? I am not saying we are not dysfunctional at the moment, but at least we have a football guy finally running that side of the house and not a marketing guy. Just sayin.

i know how this will be received, but wtf: jerry sullivan has a source who said the chargers canned him. he mentioned it on wgr right after he was hired.

edit: let me be more specific...AJ SMITH fired him.

He also fired Marty.

The fact that AJ Smith may have fired Buddy does not concern me one bit.

I think your gun is empty

hahaha...ok, fine. :thumbsup:

believe what you want. and don't bother apologizing to me when we keep sucking for the next three years and these guys get run out of town like every other loser ralph has hired. these were lazy "convenience" hires...and unless the definition of insanity has changed, i don't know why you'd expect any different results.

as always, i hope i am wrong. i'd love it if i could go back to not being embarrassed by this franchise.

I Like the way that most people on the TSW claim they want the team to have an attitude and how it all starts from the top. Well, now the attitude is starting from the top and all of a sudden we aren't happy with it? I think it shows the players and coaches that he isn't going to take any BS. I personally like the attitude that he is displaying and it is a nice change of pace from the whole "let's have class" and "we don't want to offend anyone" approach. If Nix is a good leader then everyone else will follow. Hopefully we will see some fire from this team that we haven't seen in a long time.

This

Of course both Nix and Gailey have to prove it on the field.....but dammit I really like this attitude.

If you are going to take cheap shots at our team and city.....be ready for the return fire.

I am behind you all the way Buddy.

i know how this will be received, but wtf: jerry sullivan has a source who said the chargers canned him. he mentioned it on wgr right after he was hired.

edit: let me be more specific...AJ SMITH fired him.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...ws_1s30nix.html

A short while after the Chargers completed their draft Sunday afternoon, Assistant General Manager Buddy Nix informed General Manager A.J. Smith he was retiring.

At 68 years old, after 15 seasons in the NFL and 32 years before that as a college coach, the travel and other demands had become somewhat burdensome, Nix said.

It remained unclear last night whether Nix actually retired or left with the intention of getting another job.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib...s1chargers.html

“I've got no idea what I'm going to do,” Nix said by phone from Tennessee. “It's only been one day. I still haven't gotten over the time change. I'm trying to adjust to the fact if I want to play golf, I can. I can do what I want to. That's going to be a little bit of a change.”

Nix, 68, said it was semantics as to whether he retired or resigned on Sunday night, after 15 years as a personnel man in the NFL and 47 years in football.

“Who knows how I'm going to feel down the road?” said Nix, who had served as the Chargers' assistant general manager and director of player personnel. “It's probably more of a play on words. The best thing I could have said is I might un-retire at some point.

“The Chargers, in the release about the retirement, that was exactly what we said. But you think about how permanent that sounds. You never know how it's going to go months from now. I'm certainly happy with the decision. I do not have any plans other than to golf.”

Nix, who informed the Chargers of his decision after this past weekend's draft, would not get into specifics about why he left.

“A lot of things go into a decision over a period of time, a lot of things,” Nix said. “You get to where everything adds up, and the main thing is the Chargers got a good thing going.”

Sounds like there could have been friction, and Smith very well could have told him, "if you want to leave, I'll help you pack." But in both these stories, Acee sounded pretty certain that Nix was the one who made the phone call.

And again, the person I talked to in their front office said, "we all LOVE Buddy and everyone here is so happy for him." Take that however you will ...