Nix Gets Nice Slam On "Whitey"....

BillsPhan

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/938892.html

Buddy Nix defended his hiring of Chan in the excellent article above. As he was doing so, he made an awesome backhanded insult that fit Tom Donahoe's hiring of Greggggggg Williams perfectly. He said:

"A guy who hires off of interviews is going to get himself in big trouble," Nix said. "There are some guys who interview well. Check their history. That tells you what you need to know."

Who can forget Donahoe raving about the interview Williams' gave back then? It was so long ago, I don't even remember the better qualified "hot" coaches out there we all hoped Whitey would bring in. I do remember that none of us were "rooting for" Gregg freakin' Williams. I am really starting to like Buddy. I think he's a hell of a lot smarter then he makes himself sound. It would not surprise me if he was intentionally slamming Williams and Donahoe, based on Gregggg shooting his cocky arrogant mouth off about "freezing Buffalo" these days!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I welcome Buddy's no-nonsense approach. He reminds me of the difference between book-smart and street-smart. Book-smart (Levy, Jauron) didn't work out too well over the past four seasons. Let's see what street-smart can do.

I welcome Buddy's no-nonsense approach. He reminds me of the difference between book-smart and street-smart. Book-smart (Levy, Jauron) didn't work out too well over the past four seasons. Let's see what street-smart can do.

I am all in for NIX good players MAKE Hall of Fame coaches... Nix is a top 5 evaluator of talent, street smart and no non sense type of guy, he is POLIAN LIGHT Lets get ready for some football...

I love the guy and this article further shows why. He doesn't give a damn what 'experts' or some hyper depressive fans have to say about his hire. So he didn't beat Georgia, you don't fire a coach with a winning record and 6 bowl apperances because of that. As for as KC is concerned, their HC wanted to run his offense and call his plays. To do so he had to fire Gailey. And lets see isn't KC drafting ahead of us? Yeah that offense really lit it up after Gailey was fired :unsure:

I just wish we had Nix running the show way back instead of Donahoe. I am convinced we would be contenders by now.

I love the guy and this article further shows why. He doesn't give a damn what 'experts' or some hyper depressive fans have to say about his hire. So he didn't beat Georgia, you don't fire a coach with a winning record and 6 bowl apperances because of that. As for as KC is concerned, their HC wanted to run his offense and call his plays. To do so he had to fire Gailey. And lets see isn't KC drafting ahead of us? Yeah that offense really lit it up after Gailey was fired :unsure:

I just wish we had Nix running the show way back instead of Donahoe. I am convinced we would be contenders by now.

SUPER BOWL OR BUST BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing about Buddy, he speaks his mind and he doesn't care if you like what he says or if it's politically correct. In that article when discussing Gailey:

"He adjusted to [Tyler] Thigpen. Give me a break. Then look at what happened to the offense after he left."

It would have been better if he said "Tyler Freaking Thigpen"! :unsure:

Buddy Nix defended his hiring of Chan in the excellent article above. As he was doing so, he made an awesome backhanded insult that fit Tom Donahoe's hiring of Greggggggg Williams perfectly. He said:

"A guy who hires off of interviews is going to get himself in big trouble," Nix said. "There are some guys who interview well. Check their history. That tells you what you need to know."

:unsure:

Who can forget Donahoe raving about the interview Williams' gave back then? It was so long ago, I don't even remember the better qualified "hot" coaches out there we all hoped Whitey would bring in. I do remember that none of us were "rooting for" Gregg freakin' Williams. I am really starting to like Buddy. I think he's a hell of a lot smarter then he makes himself sound. It would not surprise me if he was intentionally slamming Williams and Donahoe, based on Gregggg shooting his cocky arrogant mouth off about "freezing Buffalo" these days!

You can't forget Donahoe raving about GW, yet you forgot who the hot coaches were that year? Let me give you a hint: they're still coaching.

I love that he tells it like it is...and defends his turf as well. The guy has got some balls..exactly what this team needs.

For a guy who has done nothing, he shoots off at the mouth an awful lot. Funny, because you just don't hear G.M.'s talk as much sh*t as he does unless it's Al Davis. He's got some Lil Donte in him that I am not a fan of at all.

He has done alot..take a look at his career before you shoot from the hip.

This is going to help the Bills improve...how?

Let the past go already, this is childish. I'm not sure how Nix acting like a middle school girl benefits this team.

PR It makes people happy to hear it.

"Dallas" wasn't a sitcom. Although looking back, it was pretty funny.

I think his post falls under the sarcasm banner.

PR It makes people happy to hear it.

Yeah, who cares if they're losing as long as people are all warm and fuzzy with comments from the current staff, slamming past staff.

How about these guys put a 10 win season together, then they can mock the 8 win season all they want.

He has done alot..take a look at his career before you shoot from the hip.

He's never been a GM, he's always been a role player. He finally gets a GM job at 70 and he is acting like a bully who was hired by Ralph to DEFEND the franchise, not run it. Again, what other GM says these things? The task at hand is monumental for him; rebuliding a franchise that is in utter turmoil, has limilted asssets and is thin on personell. I'm thinking that would humble you a bit. Good luck Buddy, ask Lil Donte how quickly the fans turn on you when your mouth writes checks that your a** can't cash.

You can't forget Donahoe raving about GW, yet you forgot who the hot coaches were that year? Let me give you a hint: they're still coaching.

So is Williams. In another Superbowl.

He's a great defensive coordinator who had an unsuccessful stint as our head coach. How exactly was it a bad decision to hire him? Sean Payton liked him enough that he took a pay cut to get Williams in, and is now going to the Superbowl. That should say something about the guy, no?

You nailed it!! Buddy is clearly street-smart and that's what wins championships in this league.