Nix Gets Nice Slam On "Whitey"....

BillsPhan

I Like the way that most people on the TSW claim they want the team to have an attitude and how it all starts from the top. Well, now the attitude is starting from the top and all of a sudden we aren't happy with it? I think it shows the players and coaches that he isn't going to take any BS. I personally like the attitude that he is displaying and it is a nice change of pace from the whole "let's have class" and "we don't want to offend anyone" approach. If Nix is a good leader then everyone else will follow. Hopefully we will see some fire from this team that we haven't seen in a long time.

:D You are so right!

I want attitude! I want it from the top down so that our players don't wimp out during a game ...

I wonder how the collective brilliant minds of this board would have reacted to our hiring a quiet behind the scenes GM whose only experience had been as someone's assistant? We all know the answer .... they'd have blown that apart too. There are no right answers for so many of the regular voices here ... we want an offensive minded coach until we hire one ... we want a gutsy general manager (willing to rip the picking of a one-year wonder as a first round pick) who has experience drafting quality players who have a playoff mentality until we promote one ...

If we had hired a defensive coordinator from Minnesota with no head coaching experience would we be screaming Gregg Williams ... of course.

Until the draft comes and goes and any free agent signings happen ... and we play our first game of the season ... it is impossible to judge the impact of these choices. All I know is I want them to work ... I want a winner ...

But, I also want a general manager who is not so wrapped up in political correctness that he doesn't speak his mind ... I want a coach with fire in his belly ... so right now even without my dream coach at the helm I feel pretty darn good and Nix's track record can compete with any of the GM's out there.

So, LET's GO BILLS!!!! :huh:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/938892.html

Buddy Nix defended his hiring of Chan in the excellent article above. As he was doing so, he made an awesome backhanded insult that fit Tom Donahoe's hiring of Greggggggg Williams perfectly. He said:

"A guy who hires off of interviews is going to get himself in big trouble," Nix said. "There are some guys who interview well. Check their history. That tells you what you need to know."

Who can forget Donahoe raving about the interview Williams' gave back then? It was so long ago, I don't even remember the better qualified "hot" coaches out there we all hoped Whitey would bring in. I do remember that none of us were "rooting for" Gregg freakin' Williams. I am really starting to like Buddy. I think he's a hell of a lot smarter then he makes himself sound. It would not surprise me if he was intentionally slamming Williams and Donahoe, based on Gregggg shooting his cocky arrogant mouth off about "freezing Buffalo" these days!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh........

So is Nix admitting that Gailey sucks?

I like Nix and all but really, Gaileys record is terrible.

id say being partly responsible for drafting 20+ probowlers in SD qualifies as doing something. but hey, maybe i'm splitting hairs...

If he was this scary talent evaluator that the over-the-top Nix supporters want to believe he is, then why is it that no other NFL team wanted him? Is Ralph just that much smarter than everyone else in the NFL? I'm not saying that Nix is going to fail but he just got here and he's talking a lot of sh*t for a guy who has done nothing on his own. So keep giving him credit for his time in SD and keep quoting his wikipedia page(ciation needed) and Reuters articles all you want, the guy has done nothing but hire a coach who hasn't even interviewed for a NFL head coaching job in 10 years. Now that sounds like a Raiders move to me.

If he was this scary talent evaluator that the over-the-top Nix supporters want to believe he is, then why is it that no other NFL team wanted him? Is Ralph just that much smarter than everyone else in the NFL? I'm not saying that Nix is going to fail but he just got here and he's talking a lot of sh*t for a guy who has done nothing on his own. So keep giving him credit for his time in SD and keep quoting his wikipedia page(ciation needed) and Reuters articles all you want, the guy has done nothing but hire a coach who hasn't even interviewed for a NFL head coaching job in 10 years. Now that sounds like a Raiders move to me.

Bills fans are the most gullible in the sporting world

Does not matter how stupid or weak the hire, they will defend it to the max as long as it was done by the Bills.