Beerball

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Mrs BeerBall:

Linky

Looks like John will be moved out of ICU today to the 4th floor which apparently hosts a "step down" care center. Katherine wanted to know why it is a floor up if it is a step down. Hard to argue with that logic.

He tried to get up again a few times during the night but otherwise was peaceful. This morning after French toast and coffee, nurse Jamie let him get up and walk the corridor. He's still got a few miles of pacing to catch up with me, but he went pretty far. He was happy to get back in the bed when done.

Beofre he conked out, I told him tha the Bills hired Bruce Dehaven. He seemed happy with that.

He's starting to talk. He told me that his mouth was sore and that the hot foods hurt. He was able to thank Peter for being here. Peter left this morning to return to Rochester. Thanks for everything big brother. You were calm and wise when I needed you most. Love you.

Oh, just before he reached the end of the hallway, I tried to take a picture (the iphone malfuntione​d.....my fault....I didn't disconnect it properly). I told him it was "for Philip" and he stuck his tongue out!

Looks like the old Deerball is coming back to life. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :wallbash:

Beerball - I can't wait until you read this thread and see how many people miss you.

So glad to read Roberta's updates and know that you're making progress. This is a real "come from behind" win. Something every good Bills fan knows about....

This has fast become my all time favorite thread on TSW.

Why?

It has shined a light on the strength of the community that lies beneath the surface of this message board.

This thread has shined an even brighter light on the Beerball family as they have coped with a health emergency that would have left a lesser family decimated. They "circled the wagons" around Beerball- with abundant love, strength and humor in such amounts that I have to tell you Beerball- you are one of the most fortunate men I know.

Cheers to your continued recovery! :wallbash:

This thread has shined an even brighter light on the Beerball family as they have coped with a health emergency that would have left a lesser family decimated. They "circled the wagons" around Beerball- with abundant love, strength and humor in such amounts that I have to tell you Beerball- you are one of the most fortunate men I know

Awesome!!! :wallbash:

This has fast become my all time favorite thread on TSW.

Why?

It has shined a light on the strength of the community that lies beneath the surface of this message board.

This thread has shined an even brighter light on the Beerball family as they have coped with a health emergency that would have left a lesser family decimated. They "circled the wagons" around Beerball- with abundant love, strength and humor in such amounts that I have to tell you Beerball- you are one of the most fortunate men I know.

Cheers to your continued recovery! :w00t:

Bravo!

Here's to your continued improvement Orb-O-Suds! :wallbash:

:w00t:

Actual writings on Hospital charts (source unknown).

1. The patient refused autopsy.

2. The patient has no previous history of suicides.

3. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year

6. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.

7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

9. Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.

10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

12. She is numb from her toes down.

13. While in ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.

14. The skin was moist and dry.

15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.

17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid. (I bet that hurt)

18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.

19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

23. Skin: somewhat pale but present.

24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

25. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities

I usually just skim right over the pinned threads and finally saw this one. Just read through the entire thread and I can't tell you how happy I am after the last several posts.

Keep up the speedy recovery Beerball, you have been missed greatly on this board!

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

Here's the latest;

Afternoon update:

*He's going to need surgery on his sinuses (mastoid bones) to remove infection in there. Although I hate the idea of tubes and anesthesia again, it's critical to get all the infection out or this could come back. On the bright side, maybe this means his snoring will be cured :wallbash:

*He has thrush on the roof of his mouth so he's getting antibiotics for that along with cepacol lozenges.

* He pinched my butt when I turned to get him a tissue. Rande, I am keeping WAY too close an eye on him. Haha.

You know I'm "half fun and full earnest" as the Irish say in regard to the snoring. If you or someone you love has extreme snoring and or chronic sinus trouble, you need to get it checked out.

Maybe when they go into the sinus cavities they can give him that lobotomy he so see richly needs. :w00t:

Here is the latest update from Mrs. Beerball on the Caring Bridge website: Prayers are still necessary since he has to have this second surgery. But if it cures his snoring - that's great!!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:23 PM, CST

Afternoon update:

*He's going to need surgery on his sinuses (mastoid bones) to remove infection in there. Although I hate the idea of tubes and anesthesia again, it's critical to get all the infection out or this could come back. On the bright side, maybe this means his snoring will be cured :w00t:

*He has thrush on the roof of his mouth so he's getting antibiotics for that along with cepacol lozenges.

* He pinched my butt when I turned to get him a tissue. Rande, I am keeping WAY too close an eye on him. Haha.

You know I'm "half fun and full earnest" as the Irish say in regard to the snoring. If you or someone you love has extreme snoring and or chronic sinus trouble, you need to get it checked out.

Some of us thought he already had one :wallbash:

Beerball - keep on improving :w00t:

Mrs Beerball - love your sense of humor :unsure: - keep the patient in line

If you had to look at Deerball and listen to him everyday the only way you could stay with him for years is if you had a sense of humor, ya gotta laugh to keep from crying sometimes. JMO :worthy:

Probably anti-fungal compounds... an almost inevitable result of zapping those bacteria bugs with antibiotics, is that the natural fungi get a nice field to play in. :wallbash:

Cepacol is a good idea - it's a mild benzocaine prep that soothes. :w00t: