Beerball

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lori - any chance the thread can be pinned until Beerball is deemed out of the woods?

Think we've been doing a pretty good job of keeping it bumped up at the top of the page ... but sure, that can be arranged.

Here's the latest journal entry from the Mrs;

John has been resting this whole day for the most part. His brothers Peter and Paul are here from NY and CT. John is the little brother, they are quick to point out. It seemed to us that John knew they were in the room. He moved both arms and legs when they started telling stories. There have been quite a few times I'm seen him bring his knees up a bit and he has started to raise his arms at swioe at the tubes. He can't do any damage because he's restrained but it's a good sign I think to see him show a little strength this way.

Philip and Megan arrived this morning and visited for a couple of hours. I sent them home to get some sleep....they were up all night. They came back after a too brief rest and are here now. Lots of Niche family stories are being told as we all drink Starbucks and eat Chipotle takeout. Kat came up with Amanda Jurca and Faith. She got to razz Uncle Paul about the hated Yankees. When Paul told John he was gonna rough her up, John got very active, raising both hands. Hee.

Oh, I must explain about the whole Beerball thing....My husband (who rarely drinks at all, honestly) for some reason chose the name Beerball as his identity on the Buffalo Bills message board. If you know John, you know how passionate he is about them Bills! He's been posting there for a looooong time and is one of the "old timers" of that online community. They all know him as Beerball, not John. All I can say is that beerballs are kind of an upstate New York thing....you'd have one at a football party with some nice hot chicken wings. Hehe, when I posted the message about John being sick, I posted as "Mrs. Beerball". Too funny.

Some medical stuff....He is getting insulin because the steroids cause his blood sugar to be a bit high. The second scan (this time with "contrast" whatever that means) did not show anything new. The neurologist plans to take him off of sedation in the morning and do a neuro assessment, checking his response. we're hoping this goes well.

Thanks to all of you for your messages. I've read them all and will share them with John tonight. I know he hears me....and it's better than singing Chicken Fried :D

We're staying positive and keeping the faith. Love to all and keep praying, please.

Here's the latest journal entry from the Mrs;

John has been resting this whole day for the most part. His brothers Peter and Paul are here from NY and CT. John is the little brother, they are quick to point out. It seemed to us that John knew they were in the room. He moved both arms and legs when they started telling stories. There have been quite a few times I'm seen him bring his knees up a bit and he has started to raise his arms at swioe at the tubes. He can't do any damage because he's restrained but it's a good sign I think to see him show a little strength this way.

Philip and Megan arrived this morning and visited for a couple of hours. I sent them home to get some sleep....they were up all night. They came back after a too brief rest and are here now. Lots of Niche family stories are being told as we all drink Starbucks and eat Chipotle takeout. Kat came up with Amanda Jurca and Faith. She got to razz Uncle Paul about the hated Yankees. When Paul told John he was gonna rough her up, John got very active, raising both hands. Hee.

Oh, I must explain about the whole Beerball thing....My husband (who rarely drinks at all, honestly) for some reason chose the name Beerball as his identity on the Buffalo Bills message board. If you know John, you know how passionate he is about them Bills! He's been posting there for a looooong time and is one of the "old timers" of that online community. They all know him as Beerball, not John. All I can say is that beerballs are kind of an upstate New York thing....you'd have one at a football party with some nice hot chicken wings. Hehe, when I posted the message about John being sick, I posted as "Mrs. Beerball". Too funny.

Some medical stuff....He is getting insulin because the steroids cause his blood sugar to be a bit high. The second scan (this time with "contrast" whatever that means) did not show anything new. The neurologist plans to take him off of sedation in the morning and do a neuro assessment, checking his response. we're hoping this goes well.

Thanks to all of you for your messages. I've read them all and will share them with John tonight. I know he hears me....and it's better than singing Chicken Fried :huh:

We're staying positive and keeping the faith. Love to all and keep praying, please.

Jesus Christ, man...I just saw your entry in his guestbook. Have you ever heard of "brevity"? :D:huh: