MOBILE, Ala. — Buddy Nix was in his comfort zone

BillsPhan

Please go directly to the reply below calling me an "elitist douche bag.", to understand why I edited out this opinion on Buddy and Chan and the other coaches coming in from down south.

Once the next ignorant "holier then thou" fan reads that one, I'll get flamed for 6 pages, and I thought when I started posting on this board I could take advantage of my sarcastic wit and have some fun. Apparently, this opinion was over the top, so I did you and myself a favor by removing it myself.

Headline in today's Buffalo News, Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/937712.html

I'll say Buddy was in his comfort zone! Who knew that Russ Brandon would have to invest money into chaw, the cups to spit it into, and the money to clean that disgusting crap up when our good ol' boys coaching staff get too excited to spit into their cups out on the practice field and sidelines!!

I can't wait to hear the assistant coaches yelling out at St. John Fisher this summer. (Unless of course they decide to take training camp down to Tuscaloosa for marketing purposes.) Yuppie Fisher will seem like spring practice at LSU as our players from anywhere north of the mason dixie line struggle to understand what the hell their coaches are telling them to do.

Oh well, its' different, and funny to us Western New Yorkers, but who cares? If our team improves to an entertaining 8-8 or 9-7 this year, and gets into the playoffs the second year, I will go line dancing with the entire coaching staff and watch a NASCAR race from start to finish, I'll be so damn happy!! :worthy:

This may come as a bit of a surprise to you but there is a fair amount of ignorant white trash spread around beautiful upstate New York. Granted, there's no drawl but I promise you they're just as stupid as any rednecks you'll find down south. Ever been to the Tug Hill region? How about the southern tier? Appalachia has nothing on parts of NYS.

Nice job on attempting to be an elitist douche bag though.

This may come as a bit of a surprise to you but there is a fair amount of ignorant white trash spread around beautiful upstate New York. Granted, there's no drawl but I promise you they're just as stupid as any rednecks you'll find down south. Ever been to the Tug Hill region? How about the southern tier? Appalachia has nothing on parts of NYS.

I would almost bet that the critics of the southern accent haven't traveled around the US very much. If they did they might realize that, to the ears of lots of people in other parts of the country, the "typical Buffalo accent" makes us sound, um, dumb, too. As the Chicago accent is very much the same (really, it's the common nasal accent with the harsh "a" sound found all around the Great Lakes), you need only call up on YouTube some of those old SNL "Da Bears" skits to get an idea of how funny the rest of the country thinks that accent is.

One other thing about "drawls" being heard around St. John Fisher this summer. D'Alessdandris is from Aliquippa, PA and Bicknell has his roots in Boston.

Please go directly to the reply below calling me an "elitist douche bag.", to understand why I edited out this opinion on Buddy and Chan and the other coaches coming in from down south.

Once the next ignorant "holier then thou" fan reads that one, I'll get flamed for 6 pages, and I thought when I started posting on this board I could take advantage of my sarcastic wit and have some fun. Apparently, this opinion was over the top, so I did you and myself a favor by removing it myself.

Yeah, because stereotypes are always funny.

I thought your post was rather funny..

Hey! I'm from the Tug Hill region! And you're right, there is some ignorant white trash there.

This is true. I spent a portion of my youth in Horseheads, NY, and can vouch that there are plenty of "rednecks" in the southern tier. Anyone who thinks that a southern drawl is a sign of ignorance is ignorant themselves. Maybe even a douchebag! :lol:

Funny thing is, the better football is played in the south.

Plain and simple.

So, yeah...I WOULD rather have southerners as coaches and players.

living in/around nashville... from WNY.. trust me.. they're everywhere. as a matter of fact, there are more single-wides in my old 'hood in WNY than there are here. yes. MORE. and the rusted out pickup trucks are just a nice added touch. i love 'em all, and most of the time am proud to be one. although.. can you actually be a hillbilly if you can define what one is? hummm... these really are deep thoughts.

In this article Buddy Nix spoke about how Philip Rivers experience and production in big games was a selling point for him. Could Buddy and Modrak be in Mobile scouting Lefevour? I said in another post that Lefevour will be this years Philip Rivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_LeFevour#...s_and_accolades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_LeFevour#Statistics

In this article Buddy Nix spoke about how Philip Rivers experience and production in big games was a selling point for him. Could Buddy and Modrak be in Mobile scouting Lefevour? I said in another post that Lefevour will be this years Philip Rivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_LeFevour#...s_and_accolades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_LeFevour#Statistics

I certainly hope so

Dude this is perhaps the tamest flaming I have ever seen. I have said some things that I regretted and apologized for in an attempt to be funny on here. My apology to the person who was offended went unanswered. So what.

Tough Chit is what I'm sayin. Screw em if they cant take a joke. Please don't let that stifle any creative commentary. Espescially if it's funny. If they dont like it tough chit. What are they gonna do? Run you off the board? Please.

Funny is welcome. Stupid, ignorant whatever. If its funny put it out there.

Oh and welcome to the shamed ones membership :unsure:

This is true. I spent a portion of my youth in Horseheads, NY, and can vouch that there are plenty of "rednecks" in the southern tier. Anyone who thinks that a southern drawl is a sign of ignorance is ignorant themselves. Maybe even a douchebag! :w00t:

I grew up just across the border in PA about a half hour from horseheads, and yes, the white trash/rednecks we have in that area are quite a scene. Not even getting into anything else with this :unsure: