New mock draft

berndogg

And that's why you guys don't have a clue. Our LB corps sucks and got run over. We are about the worst run offense in the league and get scorched by RB's and TE's in the passing game. LB's are a huge need.

How many touchdowns did our defense score this season???

We NEED to improve our offense. We can not afford to pass on a solid LT and if we are in a position to draft Claussen or a top QB then we have to take it. We can get solid LB in rounds 3 or even trade rounds 4 and 5 to get another 2nd round pick

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would ideally like to get a legit LT with the #9 pick, I think Bradford is the best QB in the draft and wouldn't mind a bit if we took him (I am not concerned with the shoulder -- it is similar to the Drew Brees injury and we all know how that turned out). Bradford is crazy accurate and has a big arm. Would look good in BLO (but so would McLain).

I hear Bradford is accurate but I have heard a big NO to the big arm. Hell, some people thought Trent had a big arm. *sheeesh*

We NEED to improve our offense. We can not afford to pass on a solid LT and if we are in a position to draft Claussen or a top QB then we have to take it. We can get solid LB in rounds 3 or even trade rounds 4 and 5 to get another 2nd round pick

I hate drafting for need. A top 10 pick should be a starter on your team for AT LEAST the next 5, hopefully the next 10 years. And who knows what our needs will be at that point. There's not a franchise qb in every draft and I'm afraid that that's the case this year. If we waste the chance to get a future all pro LB or O lineman to take a project qb who never pans out we will be kicking ourselves down the road. Obviously there's no such thing as a "sure thing", but you've gotta take the guy who looks the most NFL ready. IMO McClain and Bulaga are the guys

If Bradford does drop to us and the only question with him is the injury issue, then the Bills would almost have to draft him. While it's difficult to find a LT, finding franchise QBs are 10 times harder. This team needs a leader and they should draft Bradford if available and sit him on the shelf for a full year. Draft a LT in 2011 and the offense will be fully ready to compete with the big boys for a long time to come. We waited this long, I could wait another year if it meant a long run of playoffs.

Why draft Bradford when we can pick up any one of a few free agent QBs? A free agent QB with the upside of being the franchise and a rookie LT can help us immediately. A free agent LT and a rookie QB with the upside of being the franchise get you nowhere.

First round QBs like Bradford are a dime a dozen. If he falls to #9 in my mind that makes it much less likely that he is a franchise QB. Franchise first round QBs are usually taken in the top 5 picks IF NOT #1 over all. Bradford is a MUCH bigger gamble than a solid LT that will make the pass AND the run game better.

Pre combine Bulaga from Iowa is my guy. He is supposedly in the Eric Wood, Andy Levitre vein of motivated nasty blockers with mean streaks. He has Buffalo written all over him.

And when was the last time a stud LT came into the league and performed great as a rookie?

LT take a year or two to move into the role. Even the good ones usually spend some time at RT or guard before moving out.

What rookie Qb will do well behind our line?

It is far easier to find a QB, if they so choose to be a stop gap in free agency than to draft a stud LB.

Maybe if we could prevent teams from running us over we might actually get our defense off the field and give the offense a chance to actually score.

!@#$ McClain, we dont' need a god damn LB when we need QB, and both lines first. Getting a LB with the 9th pick = a dumb ass move Donahoe or Marv would pull

I have leaned toward getting a LT with our first round pick for quite awhile. But if Bradford was available I certainly would be tempted to snatch him. He conceivably could have been the first pick in last year's draft if he came out. But if you have followed the Bills for quite some time I'm sure you would conclude that taking a qb with a high first pick is not something this organization is inclined to do. Being bold and daring isn't how they behave. Just look how they conducted the GM and HC search? Clearly a third rate approach. If Bill Polian was our GM and he had a conviction that Bradford was a first rate caliber franchise qb he wouldn't hesitate to take the bold action. But this very tired and conservative organizaition is unlikely to take the calculated risk or be innovative in their decision making.

our biggest need bar none is left OT. Baluga or Anthony Davis will be available. Go for it. There will be tackles available in the second round as well and I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a right tackle in that round. Those picks could be the biggest improvement we could make to the team this year.

and then why not draft a Guard in the 3rd followed by a Center in the 4th? Jeeze dude.

And those are just the guys that made the probowl!!!!

Clady was outstanding as a rookie last season....when he did NOT make the Pro Bowl. In fact, I had said that I thought he was clearly the best LT in the AFC last year.

All he did this year was make first team All Pro, something I think is far more significant that being voted to the watered down Pro Bowl.

Clady was outstanding as a rookie last season....when he did NOT make the Pro Bowl. In fact, I had said that I thought he was clearly the best LT in the AFC last year.

All he did this year was make first team All Pro, something I think is far more significant that being voted to the watered down Pro Bowl.

LOL....Still can't get over Peter's making the probowl can you? The system must suck because Peters can't be good can he? lol

Not 100% sure why I think this, and not saying I necessarily agree either...But I think somewhere in the 1st Round The Bills are going to Draft Tebow and definitely NOT Bradford (sure they can sell another fragile QB in Buffalo...right...)...There's plenty of reasons why I think it's going to happen above and beyond the fact that The Bills need a QB...I think it's the big splash they are going to need to Sell Tickets. I think Gailey is the type of Coach that will help develop Tebow. I think The Bills desperately (and desperately is not even a strong enough word) need a Leader at the QB Position...etc, etc...

I know it's mostly just a gut feeling...But I think Tebow makes a TON of sense for The Bills in a bunch of ways...Then we'll all just have to hope Gailey can come up with the formula to help the Kid play well in the NFL... :thumbsup:

LOL....Still can't get over Peter's making the probowl can you? The system must suck because Peters can't be good can he? lol

What the heck are you talking 'bout? You must be mistaking me for one of those from the angry mob that bring up Jason Peters whenever possible. I'm not part of that crowd. You must be thinking of The Senator.

As for the system, well, once the person who is voted on passes (for whatever nagging injury they may or may not have), then the alternate passes (for the same reason), then the third choice is selected, then gets hurt, and has to take the same route, then yes, I feel it gets a bit watered down.

What the heck are you talking 'bout? You must be mistaking me for one of those from the angry mob that bring up Jason Peters whenever possible. I'm not part of that crowd. You must be thinking of The Senator.

As for the system, well, once the person who is voted on passes (for whatever nagging injury they may or may not have), then the alternate passes (for the same reason), then the third choice is selected, then gets hurt, and has to take the same route, then yes, I feel it gets a bit watered down.

Was fishing a little bit there. The probowl is not the fan attraction that it was but it is still an honor to be a first team nominee. Yes, injuries and the inexplicable decision to hold the pro bowl before the super bowl has created a lot of undeserving back up and reserve entries.

And that's why you guys don't have a clue. Our LB corps sucks and got run over. We are about the worst run offense in the league and get scorched by RB's and TE's in the passing game. LB's are a huge need.

I'm in agreement. But we need so much. I would love to see McClain in a Bills uniform.

We also need OT and DL help as well. This not an either or conversation. We need to walk away from this draft with 4 starters and we need to add 3 more via free agency. Anyone that has watched the Bills knows we need QB, OL, DL and LB's.

Keep in mind a LB would really be needed if we go to a 3-4.

Nix and Modrak have to deliver.