Polian

davefan66

:ph34r:

The day he left buffalo, the should have arrested him at the airport because he stole our Mojo...

He WAS the mojo, this team hasn't been even remotely close to what it was with him as GM.

Now look at the Colts and what they have done since he has been GM / pres, 10+ years of winning. I'll bet he didn't need to fight tooth fang and claw with anyone at Indy to build that team, like he had to do in Buffalo.

He WAS the mojo, this team hasn't been even remotely close to what it was with him as GM.

Now look at the Colts and what they have done since he has been GM / pres, 10+ years of winning. I'll bet he didn't need to fight tooth fang and claw with anyone at Indy to build that team, like he had to do in Buffalo.

Nobody on this board will believe me and I dont care, but i went to school with his oldest daughter in eighth grade, and he used to come to our basketball games and was a really cool guy!

Not trying to prove anything, should not have posted this, but just saying Bill is a hell of a guy in person.

Not saying you're trying to prove anything.

I have no reason not to believe you. I believe most everyone on this board

when they say they know or have met someone like Polian...why shouldn't I?

Not saying you're trying to prove anything.

I have no reason not to believe you. I believe most everyone on this board

when they say they know or have met someone like Polian...why shouldn't I?

I was talkin to the other guy not you man,sorry for the mis understanding

Nobody on this board will believe me and I dont care, but i went to school with his oldest daughter in eighth grade, and he used to come to our basketball games and was a really cool guy!

i believe you, and i'm sure he is a nice guy and a cool guy - i am serious when i say this.

but you just can't call the boss's daughter obscene names like he did and expect to keep your job - in any business - because there is nothing more important than family - and i am serious when i say this also.

i believe you, and i'm sure he is a nice guy and a cool guy - i am serious when i say this.

but you just can't call the boss's daughter obscene names like he did and expect to keep your job - in any business - because there is nothing more important than family - and i am serious when i say this also.

The Polian firing had more to do with the constant battling with Jeff Littman over expenditures for players. The tight owner sided with his finance man over the football man. No surprise there.

Seriously...You are kidding, right????

this is relevant because....

The Polian firing had more to do with the constant battling with Jeff Littman over expenditures for players. The tight owner sided with his finance man over the football man. No surprise there.

Which is my only concern with the new Bills regime.

I'm happy with Nix, happy Guy is finally gone, and am waiting to hear what happens with Modrak.

I even feel that the Brandon move to the top of it all, is a good move.

The only question for me is that Overdorf is still holding the purse strings, and there is a consensus among some 'in the know' that it was Overdorf who was in control with player contracts, letting key free agents walk (Williams, Winfield, Fletcher), and signing bargain, garbage players (Dockery, Walker, Tripplett, Royal) and keeping the Bills in the mediocre department for some time.

With Brandon now at the top of the hierarchy, how does this affect Overdorf's say in it all?

Will Brandon have final say and control over Overdorf, or as evidenced this past decade, will Overdorf still have the ear (and favor) of Ralph?

Which is my only concern with the new Bills regime.

I'm happy with Nix, happy Guy is finally gone, and am waiting to hear what happens with Modrak.

I even feel that the Brandon move to the top of it all, is a good move.

The only question for me is that Overdorf is still holding the purse strings, and there is a consensus among some 'in the know' that it was Overdorf who was in control with player contracts, letting key free agents walk (Williams, Winfield, Fletcher), and signing bargain, garbage players (Dockery, Walker, Tripplett, Royal) and keeping the Bills in the mediocre department for some time.

With Brandon now at the top of the hierarchy, how does this affect Overdorf's say in it all?

Will Brandon have final say and control over Overdorf, or as evidenced this past decade, will Overdorf still have the ear (and favor) of Ralph?

Not Overdorf. Littman. He's been behind some garbage moves by this team for years.

Anyone remember Wade Phillips saying he slammed his fist on the table of the "financial guys" when they said he had to let Ted Washington go? He said something to the effect of "Ted Washington can still play. As long as I am coach here he has a job." And I think that was the year the let some team stalwarts like Thurman Thomas go.

God I miss Wade.

C

Why wouldn't we believe you.

I met John Butler at a Bisons game one summer day. He was awesomne. We talked for along time and he talked about the players and player moves. Another great guy.

THIS IS NOT THE REASON HE LEFT. YOUR STORY IS BUFFALO BILLS MYTHOLOGY.

He was tired of fighting with Littman. After he re-signed Bennett to an extension Littman has a fit and went to Ralph. Polian then tried to re-sign Will Wolford and Littman stopped it with Ralph's backing. Polian quit after that season. Wolford then became a free agent and signed with the Colts.

Polian knew everything about the new salary cap and free agency. He worked on a committe with the comissioner to help set it up. He was trying to restructure contracts for as many of the core players that he could to avoid losing them to free agency. When his plans were overturned he walked.

He was tired of fighting with Littman. After he re-signed Bennett to an extension Littman has a fit and went to Ralph. Polian then tried to re-sign Will Wolford and Littman stopped it with Ralph's backing. Polian quit after that season. Wolford then became a free agent and signed with the Colts.

Polian knew everything about the new salary cap and free agency. He worked on a committe with the comissioner to help set it up. He was trying to restructure contracts for as many of the core players that he could to avoid losing them to free agency. When his plans were overturned he walked.

And yet again, the old bastard is shown to be the root of all the team's failures.

Here's to Bill Polian! :wallbash:

Heck of a great GM, deserves another Super Bowl win!

Well I am glad that it is not just me who is in awe of Bill Polian!! I was driving in my car thinking about how he modeled the Indianapolis Colts similarily to the early '90 Bills ! Position by position he selected players like chess pieces! I wish the Colts the best in the Superbowl and envy how are Buffalo Bills were mighty and powerful at one time when Bill Polian was here and admit now that we have been a joke of a franchise the past decade. Indy was once a laughing stock too and it isn't coincindence as to why we have swapped places with them, and that is why the worst move this organization ever made (and we've made many) was by letting Bill Polian escape from our organization. Time and time history has proven that a good (or great) organization starts at the top, and each winning team has a very good if not great QB, and the good teams don't self-destruct, have 12 men in the huddle or constantly go offsides. So I guess good teams are disciplined, and good teams train hard, practice hard, and are not often soft and injured. Football is a sport for toughness, attitude, and discipline and as a team our Buffalo Bills have not instilled any of these qualities from top executive to the special teamer just trying to be a regular player. We may or may not win a fair share of games this year, but you will know what kind of team you will have for the next 3-5 years in the attitude of the team, the way we practice, the tendancy towards injuries, and the self-control and discipline that we display. Yes, 2010 season is the year we will be able to read into the future!

Even if we struggle and only win 5 games I will be happy, as long as I see another QB who shows consistent growth and maturing, (and it's not T.Edwards, R. Fitzspatrick, or B. Brohm) discipline, and leadership ability. I also want to see the "me first" players gone from the team (M. Lynch, T. Owens) and any other negative influences that needs to be ridded. The Bills need to hit on at least 3 players in the upcoming NFL Draft. Preferably they will be a QB, Left OT, and a DT. If they can

hit on 5 of 9 draft choices successfully (which we won't fully know for a few years) they may actually win 8 or 9 games, but that is a big if with all the holes they have to patch. Well we now are in the position where we need to wake up and emulate teams like the Colts, Steelers, or Patriots and build a team in the same fashion that champions do!! Go Colts :censored:

Screw Polian. he left a real city for the corn-fed midwest. Go over to the Colts message board if you love him so much.

Moron,

First off he was FIRED from the Bills. Second he worked in the league office for a season after guiding the Bills to 3 Super Bowls (the team he built went on to a 4th Super Bowl). Then he guided the expansion Carolina Panthers to the NFC championship in it's second year of exsistence. He then went on to turn the Colts franchise into one of the best franchises in the past decade. The Bills have accomplished what since he has left? Screw you Littman and Ralph!

Polian is just amazing. How many times has this guy put together a team that at least went to the conference championship? What Bills fans wouldnt give for that right now. We had probably the best GM, a once in a lifetime personel genius and Ralph let him get away. I always wondered what qualifications Ralphs daughter had to be a scout, because you know she never played the game or coached.

Screw Polian. he left a real city for the corn-fed midwest. Go over to the Colts message board if you love him so much.

Polian provided the only real period of stability and success, albeit short-lived, in the 50+ years of the Bills franchise. Ralph was a fool for firing him.

:lol:

Here's to Bill Polian! :lol:

Amen to that. Along with building an elite team, notice how the players are generally devoid of controversy or self promotion. Not saying that it is entirely due to Polian, but the players he helped choose sure fit in the mold of that classy organization.

You are right on the money about how the Poilan departure went down. I get very tired how the story gets twisted by the Ralph Wilson apologists. What is very ironic is that winning is a money making proposition. But this goofy and greedy owner wanted to extract more and more out of the franchise to the extent that the product on the field has been an utter embarrassment.

Bill Polian is a Hall of Fame GM. His record of sustained success since he left Buffalo is astounding. On the opposite side of the road the record of sustained failure by the wretched owner of the Bills is in its own way also astounding. The owner is too clueless and egotistical to realize what he has done when he forced out Polian.

That can't possibly be true! That's so far out of the realm of reality! Add me to the list of board members in disbelief.

Polian? Go to his kid's game? You mean like an actual person?!?!?! As if that weren't unbelievable enough, on top of that he acted in a real cool way!

Man, you must live in a fantasy world. Get some help, please. What's next - you saw Jill Kelly at the mall?!?!?!?

You are right on the money about how the Poilan departure went down. I get very tired how the story gets twisted by the Ralph Wilson apologists. What is very ironic is that winning is a money making proposition. But this goofy and greedy owner wanted to extract more and more out of the franchise to the extent that the product on the field has been an utter embarrassment.

Bill Polian is a Hall of Fame GM. His record of sustained success since he left Buffalo is astounding. On the opposite side of the road the record of sustained failure by the wretched owner of the Bills is in its own way also astounding. The owner is too clueless and egotistical to realize what he has done when he forced out Polian.

Yep, Polian is absolutely an hall of fame GM. Took us to 4 straight, Panthers to the NFC champ game 2nd year, and look

at what he is doing with Indy.

As for extracting every last cent out of the organization? He in no way is setting this team up for staying in Buffalo after

his demise. He is set on wringing every last cent out of the organization so his family gets all they can from it.

Here's to Bill Polian! :lol:

Yah , can you just imagine what the Bills would have looked like by now if good ole Ralph would have just realized what he had in Pollian but that's our Ralph !!

Yah , can you just imagine what the Bills would have looked like by now if good ole Ralph would have just realized what he had in Pollian but that's our Ralph !!

Of course the grizzly owner knew what he had in Polian. The Bills went to four consecutive SBs under his leadership. It was more important to side with Littman, his personal finance minion, over the football side of the operation. Don't fool yourself, Ralph knew exactly what he was doing when he let him go. He went with the money side of the argument. No one who has observed Ralph over the years should be surprised.