Bush the Idiot?

BillsNYC

uhmm.... ? The original post said "Obama couldn't get anything done with a SUPER MAJORITY". I am demonstrating this is a false statement. Thank you for agreeing with me. Yes, Obama has done a lot with this "Congress that is unassailably controlled by his party".

Ref. my higher brain function question.

Because unfortunately, you still fail to realize that the only accomplishment you've managed to identify is "agreeing with Congress". :death:

uhmm.... ? The original post said "Obama couldn't get anything done with a SUPER MAJORITY". I am demonstrating this is a false statement. Thank you for agreeing with me. Yes, Obama has done a lot with this "Congress that is unassailably controlled by his party".

What would help your argument would be to bullet point list of what Obama has gotten done. The article you linked lists nothing.

He had beers with those guys who were being arguing.

I'll give him that...a lot of the racial problems in this country could be easily solved by blacks and whites getting together for beers in the front yard every so often.

Make drive-by shootings easier, too.

Guys, if RK and I agree, there is a serious issue with our government.

Seriously, I am saddened by what is going on with Obama. I didn't vote for him but had hopes he would live up to his rhetoric. Similarly, I hated Bush as the choice of in 2000, but was glad he was president when 9/11 happened (props to Ocin I think). Both ruined the hopes I had for them. Lets hope Obama doesn't screw up too much more.

I was not a Bush fan but he got elected. And he did respond when we got attacked on 9/11. Unfortunatelly I feel he didn't go far enough same as his father in the first Desert Storm. Get rid of Pelosi (Boxtox Queen). Yes, health care needs reform but do it responsibly don't just push it through just to get it done. Give the people of America actual tax breaks not ones that they have to pay back when they do their taxes (the break on withholding). I got a $13 a pay period (2 weeks) and found out I have to pay it back now.

its a shame that this has to even be an issue...and no, i am not gay.....(course it'd probably make my life easier.... :thumbdown::beer: )

I'm gay, I want my rights improved

*****EDIT*****Please note that keepthefaith did not say he was gay...he was listing different groups of people that wanted special treatments and this was one that he included...i didn't want to past the whole quote in there....i know it looks bad....don't want anyone getting the wrong impression...

Edited by The Poojer

its a shame that this has to even be an issue...and no, i am not gay.....(course it'd probably make my life easier.... :lol::beer: )

*****EDIT*****Please note that keepthefaith did not say he was gay...he was listing different groups of people that wanted special treatments and this was one that he included...i didn't want to past the whole quote in there....i know it looks bad....don't want anyone getting the wrong impression...

Not that there is anything wrong with that....................................getting the wrong impression, that is. :thumbsup:

This has been the only support that lefties on this board give for Obama's policies. I have yet to see any fact or even well founded opinion based support by any of the lefties on this board for the big decisions Obama has made thus far.

Seriously, what did Bush really do? Our country was in fact worse after his eight years than it was when he came into office.

Seriously, what did Bush really do? Our country was in fact worse after his eight years than it was when he came into office.

I think it was established a long tme ago that Bush was unpopular and not very effective at many things. His approval rate late in his term was under 20%. That's meaningless now. My point is that Obama defenders continue to point to Bush as a reason why Obama is OK. Poppycock. Bush is no longer relevant. It's Obama's policies that are being attacked and if anyone cares to defend Obama's policies and decisions, do so with pointing the finger at Bush. Defend his actions on the merits of his actions.

The invasion of Afghanistan was done sensibly. And NCLB was a good idea in general principle. Other than that...I dunno, he took lots of vacations, which kept him out of the office and kept him from !@#$ing up too much?

Our country's worse off not because of Bush, though, but because Americans are spoiled idiots.

The invasion of Afghanistan was done sensibly. And NCLB was a good idea in general principle. Other than that...I dunno, he took lots of vacations, which kept him out of the office and kept him from !@#$ing up too much?

Our country's worse off not because of Bush, though, but because Americans are spoiled idiots.

I totally agree!

I think it was established a long tme ago that Bush was unpopular and not very effective at many things. His approval rate late in his term was under 20%. That's meaningless now. My point is that Obama defenders continue to point to Bush as a reason why Obama is OK. Poppycock. Bush is no longer relevant. It's Obama's policies that are being attacked and if anyone cares to defend Obama's policies and decisions, do so with pointing the finger at Bush. Defend his actions on the merits of his actions.

While I don't necessarily agree that Bush should continually be used as an excuse, I disagree about the relevancy. It takes more than a year to fix some things. Obama will not be able to fix everything, so people will hate him, just as they will hate the next president.

While I don't necessarily agree that Bush should continually be used as an excuse, I disagree about the relevancy. It takes more than a year to fix some things. Obama will not be able to fix everything, so people will hate him, just as they will hate the next president.

Obama is criticized more for what he's doing to solve the issues rather than the results at this point. It's the lack of confidence and common sense in his approach. The lack of results will simply validate the concerns, but that will only cost the taxpayers trillions so no big deal.