Anyone else EMBARRASSED by the new GM?

Thurman8125

Im glad that you think he is one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the league, that should make us all sleep better.

The Bills took Maybin at #11 so I don't care what you think of picks 2-7. Other than Byrd, everyone played like a rookie. Except for Maybin, he payed like he was in high school.

So, only the first pick of a draft is important to you? Go back and pick up your XBOX controller - you left it on the floor in the middle of your Madden game.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally kind of like him. I especially liked when he addressed the media and basically told them he didn't care if they didn't like his choice of HC and that he will do whatever he can to make the media's job easy but that he didn't care if they didn't like his choice and that he was doing it to win games not a popularity contest.

Also - the piece he said about how all head coaching positions can get filled, even if you are bad - he then said something like, look at the Raiders, they get head coaches....then he back tracked and said, oh wait wish I wouldn't have said that, please don't print that....haha helarious.

I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't want to be in Nix or Gailey's shoes right now; a very passionate and almost rabid fan base all over you because they want something flashy or sexy - holy expectations.

I wouldn't say he's a bumbling fool - I like the passion he's shown in his first stint as GM. Just an opinion but we shall see - although I did want a flashy head coach as well I'll still reserve judgement until at least the end of next year...or maybe after the first game..haha.

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

the only thing typical is the negative attitude.

i don't care how old he is, where he is from, etc.... - the only thing that matters is he IS a smart football guy

i believe if some of you negative people can just let the process play out you will see a much better team this year than we had last year.

Im glad that you think he is one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the league, that should make us all sleep better.

The Bills took Maybin at #11 so I don't care what you think of picks 2-7. Other than Byrd, everyone played like a rookie. Except for Maybin, he payed like he was in high school.

Maybin has been reported to have been the pick of Jauron. According to the story, Modrak

wanted Orakpo and was overridden by DJ.

Top 5 talent evaluator? I didn't make that up, I've read it on many websites

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=9458801

At the end of the article

Oh really? Did you watch Wood play this year? He was the best lineman on the field, a freak. Even Levitre, both show tons of potential as does Nelson. I'd say this is a much better draft than we've had in years.

Go ahead and jump on me. But you really think he was the best the Bills could do?? And I never said anything about his appearance either.

I would only be embarrassed if the GM hire did not even pass the laugh test (not having a GM last year was laughable). However, I am not embarrassed if we do not have the BEST (as folks will disagree who is the best) but I will only be disappointed and not really embarrassed as long as the GM hire has some recent success on his resume which means the choice MAY work but MAY not.

I mean who would you consider to be the best choice.

One might reasonably want a former HC or GM for another team who has won the big game before. However, there is simply no example here in the real world of a man who won it once and then succeeded in winning it again with a new team,

Add to that this wunderkind almost certainly got canned because his last teams were losers (Shanahan, Billick for example) or he has been out of coaching circles for a few years (Cowher for example and too boot he has a Marv like record for teams he HC'ed blowing it in the big game.

I think the bottom-line is that the true embarassment here is that Mr. Ralph has owned a team he has made incredibly bad decisions with for a decade (or more) having ultimately toxic relationships with Polian, Butler and TD, and also with HCs Phillips, Mularkey and Jauron (here the toxicity was extending and then having to fire him in short order).

I mean what did you expect given Mr. Ralph's proven track record?

While Nix is clearly not the first person most folks think of, he certainly is a football man with a track record of evaluation success at SD.

My sense is he deserves a chance to have the team prove itself with Ws and likely deserves being on a short leash for fans if his team stumbles quickly under his leadership.

If you are embarrassed it probably says more about you than about Nix.

Top 5 talent evaluator? I didn't make that up, I've read it on many websites

So you're quoting an article from Reuters?

"Long regarded as one of the beat evaluators of talent in the league, Nix served as assistant general manager of the San Diego Chargers from 2003 to 2008.

What the hell is a beat evaluator?

It's not 15, but it all depends on how you do the count. You can count as few as 16 counting Gailey, 17 if you add Pitts when Marv was out with prostate cancer, 19 if you count the two terms each of Saban & Johnson separately.

Different men as Bills coaches:

1) Ramsey

2) Saban (twice)

3) Collier

4) Johnson (twice)

5) Rauch

6) Ringo

7) Knox

8) Stephenson

8) Bullough

10) Levy

11)Pitts

12) Phillips

13) Williams

14) Mularkey

15) Jauron

16) Fewell

17) Gailey

By the way, the Steelers have had 6, not 4 since 1960: Parker, Nixon, Austin, Noll, Cowher, Tomlin.

Somehow the term "illustrious group" escapes me.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh really? Did you watch Wood play this year? He was the best lineman on the field, a freak. Even Levitre, both show tons of potential as does Nelson. I'd say this is a much better draft than we've had in years.

The only thing freakish about Wood was his leg injury. But to insinuate that he was some kind of road grader is typical Bills fan insanity. A lot of players have potential, hell Hardy has potential but let's see what happens before you annoint this draft class a great one.

And we're glad you have your opinion.

I'm not totally thrilled with Nix and Gailey. But I'm so jaded anymore on the Bills now that I'm willing to give them a chance. Hell, they can't be worse than we've had lately right? Especially if some good football prople continue to get involved. Maybe Reeves, etc. Assistant coaches are huge.

But it's posts like this that make me want to smash my head through brick walls or even swallow pieces of broken glass.

So, now Buddy Nix is a TOP FIVE talent evaluator in the league huh? I named five better in a matter of 10 seconds without even thinking about it. Polian, Smith, Parcells, Newsome and Pioli by the way. As bad as it is when people totally discredit the new shaping of the Bills front office (with plenty of good reason), it's posts like this that can much more easily stir up the pot.

So, Nix is a top five guy in the league, yet he's never been anything more than a scout for the most part? Yeah ok. :thumbsup:

Parcells and Pioli? Sorry, not based on the Dols' past 2 drafts, or the Chefs' draft last year which was Pioli's first without Belichick.

So you're quoting an article from Reuters?

"Long regarded as one of the beat evaluators of talent in the league, Nix served as assistant general manager of the San Diego Chargers from 2003 to 2008.

What the hell is a beat evaluator?

Listen, you can hate the choice all you want, that's your right.

You can't tell me Nix is not one of the top talent evaluators in the league. Take

a look at what he did with the Chargers, and the past draft was one of the best

we've had in a long time. Yep, go ahead and talk about Maybin. Until the man

either retires or is traded from this team, you can't call him a bust.

And I never said anything about his appearance either.

I never said you commented on his appearance. But your "deep analysis" consisted of blaming him for not knowing how many coaches the Bills have had, and for being 70. Those critiques are not substantive, they're about superficial (stylistic) matters. That's lame and very weak, dude!

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

I think he's a breath of fresh air. For the last 10 years we just got the "politically correct" BS out of OBD. So he made a mistake "BIG DEAL". I hope he keeps talking his feelings instead of the OBD PR BS.

Parcells and Pioli? Sorry, not based on the Dols' past 2 drafts, or the Chefs' draft last year which was Pioli's first without Belichick.

There isn't a team in the NFL or a fan on this forum, that if you had to start a franchise today, that would take Buddy Nix over either Parcells or Pioli. Not one. And if you would, well, you would be the Bills of that league.

Listen, you can hate the choice all you want, that's your right.

You can't tell me Nix is not one of the top talent evaluators in the league. Take

a look at what he did with the Chargers, and the past draft was one of the best

we've had in a long time. Yep, go ahead and talk about Maybin. Until the man

either retires or is traded from this team, you can't call him a bust.

Did AJ Smith do anything? What did he do?