Anyone else EMBARRASSED by the new GM?

Thurman8125

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, who woul you take from the Patriots draft class in 2006 and 2007, to play for the Bills, besides Brandon Meriweather?

Who cares?

Are you seriously comparing New England and Buffalo?

In any way?

You may be interested to know that the Buffalo Bills have not won a playoff game since the first term of Bill Clinton.

McCargo?

Youbouty?

Edwards?

Lynch?

Whitner?

ELLISON?

WTF!

Wow!

How impressive.

You might also want to consider draft position when making your flawed "argument."

:rolleyes:

:P

:wallbash:

We all know the title BS. Bobby April was our assistant Head Coach. What was he in charge of? He didn't get the interim job NOR did he get an interview for the job at the end of the season. He was given the title so he couldn't move laterally to another team. Period. Nix was still a scout, basically in the Southeast quadrant of the country.

And precisely, I don't know much about Nix. Neither does anyone on this board, because he's never been in charge of anything for us to judge him on. That's my whole point. But yet, a lot of people will argue that he's not only a good GM already, but he's a great one. Top five even. Gimmie a friggin break.

Ah yes, "AHC" is equivalent to "AGM." Gimmie a friggin break. :rolleyes:

Upon surveying the wreckage here, I can only conclude that this argument is a massacre. L-V Bills: it's good to have you as a voice of reason around here. Thanks for keeping this board smart.

Re: Nix, I'm not particularly optimistic, but who knows? He's got a couple of years to turn things around. If he doesn't address the QB situation, it'll fail. The one ray of light in that regard is that he was presumably the guy who scouted Rivers given that Rivers is from Alabama and went to NC State. If it was him, he was smart enough to know that even on a team with a decent QB already (and that's Brees was at that point - decent), if a great QB becomes available, you take him.

I have a good friend who is a scout with another organization in the League. He has known Buddy Nix for quite some time. In his opinion "there is not a better talent evaluator in the league" than Buddy Nix.

I don't care if he can put a properly structured sentence together or if he knows anything about the Bills History. Will he bring players to the team that can play.

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

Nope

Embarrassed more by the Short Bus Riders the Bills call fans

The ones that whine and cry about anything and everything.

I could care less if the guy knows every detail of the Bills 50 year history. Thats not part of his job, building the team is his job

Actually, I do like the Bills and have for a long time.

Ok, the Bills are great!

Better than New England!!

Happy now?

:rolleyes:

I am glad you finally see the error of you ways. Now, go out and spread the word my brother.

I've never heard of a GM having to know how many coaches preceeded his latest hire. Do you prefer a guy who knows football or would you rather have a team historian who can tell you all the about the team's history & can't tell a 1st round talent from an undraftable free agent?

Why are you the only one who thinks he came off as a goofball? It's not Buddy, it's you.

If you're going to introduce your new coaching hire by saying he's the Xth coach in Bills' history, you think you might look up the actual number before the press conference, instead of asking someone off-camera what the number is during the press conference.

Just curious what people think about Nix. When he introduced Gailey he was a bumbling fool that didn't even know how many coaches the Bills have had. A 70 year old goofball. So progressive! Typical Bills.

I think Nix is doing a lot of the right things so far. If he can get Rusty Jones back to Buffalo it would be huge!

Regarding the topic: I'm not at all embarrassed by our new GM, because he's done nothing to either establish pride or bring shame. It's simply too early to have an opinion at all. I can say however, that I really like the firing of Guy and that now a detail is coming to light that Modrak wanted Cushing and it was others who wanted Maybin...i.e. Limp Dick Jauron....as for the Chan hiring, it's one of those things that I've reserved for later. If Chan is able to get this offense to be consistently productive and if the new DC is able to stop the run without giving up 300 yds a game in the pass defense, then I will say that this was a good hire. As for how he "sounds" when he speaks, there are a lot of very good football minds that during press conferences that don't sound like Rhode Scholars, and quite frankly I don't care.....just put a winning team on the field and all is forgiven!!!